Pretend Chat 2.14

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
CA
David: You posted this at zero dark thirty. Is the mall in your town making lemonade in the middle of the night?
maybe? :) there's always YouTube

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
We had a beautiful rainy day here yesterday. Drizzled all day long, with the occasional bouts of downright rainy rain! It's still overcast today, so hopefully it will rain some more. If this storm is bringing lots of snow to our mountains, it will help immensely with the water table.

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
We had a beautiful rainy day here yesterday. Drizzled all day long, with the occasional bouts of downright rainy rain! It's still overcast today, so hopefully it will rain some more. If this storm is bringing lots of snow to our mountains, it will help immensely with the water table.
rainy rain? is that a technical term?

Momof4

10 Year Member!
San Diego

Yesterday was 84 and clear! They kept saying rain was coming!
Finally at 4 the clouds rolled in and it rained about 6pm!! Yay!!
It rained over night and they say more today.
Right now it's 53 and sunny.
My plants and trees are so happy!!!
I threw some seeds down in different areas yesterday and I pray they come up soon!

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
rainy rain? is that a technical term?

Yes, very scientific! In this drought-ridden climate, any water from the sky is called rain, and mostly what we've been getting is just a heavy mist. So when we get actual, real rain, it has to be called rainy rain!

Gillian M

5 Year Member
Jordan
No rainy rain here, just sunny sun and windy wind. :)
Hi Jacqui, hope you are well.:)

Lucky you....nice and sunny back there? Here it's cold and it poured with rain a couple of hours ago.:(

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
My five biggest sulcatas are checking out their pumpkins. Last year the two biggest ones (the Jersey Boyz) were not very enthusiastic about the pumpkin.

Jacqui

10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Hi Jacqui, hope you are well.:)

Lucky you....nice and sunny back there? Here it's cold and it poured with rain a couple of hours ago.:(

All is well here. We only have another day like today, then we go cold and wet too.

Elohi

5 Year Member
Texas
We had tons of rain and flooding but now it's nice again. Torties are outside enjoying sunshine while they can.
ImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1446578007.966949.jpg

Momof4

10 Year Member!
San Diego
It's cold with on and off showers.
My poor reds are in plastic boxes because we haven't had time to add heat in their night box.
My baby desert tort took over their big indoor enclosure.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
My five biggest sulcatas are checking out their pumpkins. Last year the two biggest ones (the Jersey Boyz) were not very enthusiastic about the pumpkin.

I haven't bought any pumpkins for my guys yet this year. No reason, really. Just haven't done it.

It's cold with on and off showers.
My poor reds are in plastic boxes because we haven't had time to add heat in their night box.
My baby desert tort took over their big indoor enclosure.

Thankfully, I was able to beat the cold weather, and was ready for it when it came!

Here's my view now. I didn't have the heart to put him in his bed.
View attachment 154502

What a lucky baby (to have G-ma watching him instead of a baby sitter).

With nothing better to do, I just checked out my house on Zillow. I live in a small (did I say small?) remodeled older ranch style bungalow. My son-in-law and his family used to live here and when they did, he converted the car port to an extra bedroom and bath. Zillow still shows it to be 2 br 1 bath instead of 3/2. And for the crumby little older house on an acre of land that we paid $63,000 for about 30 years ago, Zillow shows it now to be worth over $260,000. I can't believe the inflation.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Getting up an hour earlier has sure added a bunch of time to my day. Misty wants to be fed earlier, and she starts pestering me about 10:15. But it seems like I have way too much time after lunch sitting in my recliner reading. Longer nap?

Momof4

10 Year Member!
San Diego
Getting up an hour earlier has sure added a bunch of time to my day. Misty wants to be fed earlier, and she starts pestering me about 10:15. But it seems like I have way too much time after lunch sitting in my recliner reading. Longer nap?

Sounds good to me!
I had a nap the other day and I was so groggy when I woke up.
I never nap.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
I never used to like to take naps. I always woke up with a headache and felt heavy and groggy the rest of the day. But the more I conditioned my body to it, the easier it became.

jaizei

Unknown Member
10 Year Member!
Earth
I never used to like to take naps. I always woke up with a headache and felt heavy and groggy the rest of the day. But the more I conditioned my body to it, the easier it became.

I've found that Nascar or golf on the TV on a weekend afternoon does the trick for me, ideal napping parameters.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Sports do not cross my TV's threshold! Pahleeze!! ***Yvonne makes a cross with her fingers and chases Cameron out of the room with it***

Jacqui

10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
I can nap when I do not want to, but try to catch a nap before work just is not going to happen. Best place in the world to nap... the semitruck followed closely by my magical swing.