Pretend Chat 2.14

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
A Land Far Away...
I believe someone mentioned you getting some rain in a thread last night? My morning will consist of some light grocery shopping. I've a wonderful neighbor that will be my limo driver for the morning. Can't wait. I do like getting out of the house and seeing people.

Have fun out in the world today, Ken.

Jacqui

10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Hi Jacqui and hope you're well. :)

Oli :<3: is fine, thanks, although temperature is beginning to drop.:(

By the way, how's your grandson today? Hope to hear he's better.:)

Temps after Thursday will go colder here too. I think my nights on the swing are about to their seasonal end.

UK is doing fine. When Jeff came through last week, he got to stop and see them. It is hard for him to visit because it always seems somebody is sick and Jeff can't be around sick folks.

Is your home warm?

Gillian M

5 Year Member
Jordan
Temps after Thursday will go colder here too. I think my nights on the swing are about to their seasonal end.

UK is doing fine. When Jeff came through last week, he got to stop and see them. It is hard for him to visit because it always seems somebody is sick and Jeff can't be around sick folks.

Is your home warm?
Well, I cannot say "YES" just for the sake of saying it. ;) Although it's v small, I have to put on the central heating system and when it gets colder, even an electric heater, so as to make it warm enough for me as well as :<3: Oli.

Jacqui

10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
One thing I will not be missing with the cold weather here is the hunt. I have this one young leopard that vanishes at night. He is in a shamefully barren enclosure with only a few plants, yet I can not find him at night. Come daylight, there he is.

Jacqui

10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Not sure if it was the old dried up tall grass I weedeated or the stinging nettles I cut and placed in a trash can to ha up away, but man did the headache and nose issues come on fast. :(

Jacqui

10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Well, I cannot say "YES" just for the sake of saying it. ;) Although it's v small, I have to put on the central heating system and when it gets colder, even an electric heater, so as to make it warm enough for me as well as :<3: Oli.

Do you like it warm like Oli does?

Gillian M

5 Year Member
Jordan
Do you like it warm like Oli does?
Oh Jacqui....this is something that OLI :<3: and I have in common: we both LOVE HOT weather. The country went through a heatwave in August whereas temperature reached at least 50 degrees C!! Although A/Cs are available, everyone was complaining except me!!;) It's Winter, cold weather, rain and snow that I dislike, and so does Oli. "What a coincidence" I thought.:)

Jacqui

10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Oh Jacqui....this is something that OLI :<3: and I have in common: we both LOVE HOT weather. The country went through a heatwave in August whereas temperature reached at least 50 degrees C!! Although A/Cs are available, everyone was complaining except me!!;) It's Winter, cold weather, rain and snow that I dislike, and so does Oli. "What a coincidence" I thought.:)

Sounds like you are well suited to each other.

Jacqui

10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Why does a "smart" phone not think you can write T*h*u*r*s instead of the full Thursday?

Momof4

10 Year Member!
San Diego
I wonder if these are the ones with two boxes and a layer of insulation between.

Here's what it said.
A great thing to do for outdoor or feral cats to help them survive the winter. Use 18 gallon plastic bin, straw or shavings, and 24 can size foam coolers. Insulate inside plastic bin, around styrofoam cooler and cut holes through both Styrofoam and plastic, just large enough for cat to enter/exit. I recommend placing hole about halfway up so rain or snow don't seep in. Thanks to everyone who takes the time to do this!!

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
I don't have feral cats, but I DO have four outdoor cats. There are cat beds all over the place outside, but these bins are a great idea. I've got plenty of plastic bins and several styrofoam coolers. I'm going to give this a try and see if my cats like them.

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
One thing I will not be missing with the cold weather here is the hunt. I have this one young leopard that vanishes at night. He is in a shamefully barren enclosure with only a few plants, yet I can not find him at night. Come daylight, there he is.
LoJack that sucker.

Jacqui

10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
I use to have an adult redfoot who could pull this act. Larger enclosure and heavily planted, but dang this was an adult. I even had Jeff search with me one night.

dmmj

10 Year Member!
CA
when I was younger my dad would take me to the circus. Whenever the elephants would come by he would scream curses at them and blame them for all of society problem. Good times good times

dmmj

10 Year Member!
CA
I use to have an adult redfoot who could pull this act. Larger enclosure and heavily planted, but dang this was an adult. I even had Jeff search with me one night.
well remember their natural hiders probably really good at hide and seek