Pretend Chat 2.14

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
CA
I hope this isn't considered political. How politicians treat veterans is deplorable downright traitorous sometimes. these men and women stand up for us time and time again and they get crapped on by the politicians, pathetic.

pdrobber

10 Year Member!
I hope this isn't considered political. How politicians treat veterans is deplorable downright traitorous sometimes. these men and women stand up for us time and time again and they get crapped on by the politicians, pathetic.

True. It's like they're just pawns or a talking point. Like that one episode of Family Guy when Lois is running for some sort of office and at a debate she says 9/11 and gets roaring applause. It's actually just like what that Chris Christie does. They'll add in "help the veterans!" just as a quick way to gain some support but not make any real change to improve the system when they get there.

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
I love the Hillshire farms snax does anybody know if they're still in the malls?

Did they also use to have the yummy maple leaf shaped maple candy? It was about the size of a nice brownie. (Of course this was about 50 years ago.):rolleyes::rolleyes:

Last edited:

Jacqui

10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
The other day, Peter was talking about baking (Apple bread I think). It got me hungry for banana bread. Wouldn't you know it, on WalMart's clearance shelf they had a loaf, so I bought it. Was a pretty good and nice and moist. My question was however, in my 4H days, we were taught all quick breads had cracks on their tops. This loaf had none. o_O:confused:

Cowboy_Ken

10 Year Member!
Kingman, Arizona
I was just reflecting on my activity last night here on the Forum and it would appear that, "I'm Baaa—aaaackkk…"
I've got a busy morning planned of being the passenger with a neighbor going to town but then I'll be home. Looking forward to it.
Did ya'all see all the job postings I put up? I was dismayed when I received them in that at the time, the Forum was down for backup. So it goes.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Are the cheese sticks still crappie ?

No, I believe "Crappie" is some sort of fresh water pan fish.

Shame on you for starting a political argument. Shame! Shame!

I love the sun being up at this hour!

What sun? I do believe we're finally going to have a bit of rain. The sky is VERY heavy this a.m. The temp is in the 50's, so not too cold, and just a very slight breeze. Looking forward to some rain.

So, a very good day to you all! Happy Monday, and all that.

I think I've found all my Russian tortoises and I now have them put up for the winter. I can never remember if there are 3 females or 4. Hopefully there are three, because that's how many I could find.

I still have one desert tortoise to find. She has a recurring abscess on her nose and I can't allow her to hibernate. But with today's weather, I'm sure they're not coming out. I'll have to wait for a sunny day to find her.

Thank goodness the Aldabran tortoises are going into their shed on their own in the evening. It's not really cold yet, but cool enough to make them want the warm shed at night. Phew!

I still have to hunt down a leopard or two. They just never get with the wintertime/shed program.

The guy who runs an eco-pest control company and who comes once a month to take down my spider webs and work on the outdoor roach problem called me to see if I could baby sit his 100lbs sulcata for three weeks as Thanksgiving, as he'll be travelling out of town. Lucky for him, my backyard is free of rescues right now. And there's access to a warm night box in the back yard. So I told him yes.

So that's a slice of my life today. What's going on in yours?

Cowboy_Ken

10 Year Member!
Kingman, Arizona
What sun? I do believe we're finally going to have a bit of rain. The sky is VERY heavy this a.m. The temp is in the 50's, so not too cold, and just a very slight breeze. Looking forward to some rain.
So that's a slice of my life today. What's going on in yours?
I believe someone mentioned you getting some rain in a thread last night? My morning will consist of some light grocery shopping. I've a wonderful neighbor that will be my limo driver for the morning. Can't wait. I do like getting out of the house and seeing people.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
I believe someone mentioned you getting some rain in a thread last night? My morning will consist of some light grocery shopping. I've a wonderful neighbor that will be my limo driver for the morning. Can't wait. I do like getting out of the house and seeing people.

It's nice that you have a thoughtful neighbor to help you. I've wondered about that.

I think NorCal might be getting rain, but so far it hasn't made it's way south to us here in Central Cal.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Poor Misty. She just came to me and put her head in my lap, and her teeth are chattering! She's not used to a cold house. And it's not really even cold in here. About 68F ☃ ☃ ☃

Gillian M

5 Year Member
Jordan
This is all pretty and cheery! :) How is your little one?
Hi Jacqui and hope you're well. :)

Oli :<3: is fine, thanks, although temperature is beginning to drop.:(

By the way, how's your grandson today? Hope to hear he's better.:)

Jacqui

10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
I think I've found all my Russian tortoises and I now have them put up for the winter. I can never remember if there are 3 females or 4. Hopefully there are three, because that's how many I could fine.

LOL I am glad you said that because I always manage to forget the exact number of one group (okay almost always the Russians). One year I managed to leave a female out and she did fine all winter under ground.