Pretend Chat 2.14

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
I haven't been in to town yet this week so I don't know if that special is going on here in my area. If so, I just might have to set aside my fear of the fast food preparer coughing on the food and stop at McDonald's.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Where the heck is everyone? It's been 2 and a half hours since my last post and no one's been here since? Here's the aviary exposed:

Aviary a.jpg

Spencer is making sure it all goes to plan. The Manouria's shed is on the other side of the aviary, and that was what kept the tortoises inside their yard. The lattice was only attached to the roof on the top edge and swung free with it's weight keeping it in place. Here's what it looks like now:

aviary b.jpg

I'm going to fence across from the shed to the post. I already have a string drawn and a post set, but it's after Misty's lunch and the turkey left-overs are calling me. So for the rest of the day the Manouria will have to stay locked up in the shed.

mike taylor

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
I have to remove all my bedding out of my red foots enclosure . Ants moved in their warm shed . I hate ants . So I get to be attacked by fire ants today . It sucks I just put all new mulch in there a few weeks ago . Like fifteen bags of hard wood mulch mixed with cypress mulch .

AnimalLady

Yvonne~ You have an aviary?! Sooo coool.

Hey Mike, do you have to remove it, cant you mix that DEarth stuff in the mulch?

Momof4

10 Year Member!
San Diego
I have to remove all my bedding out of my red foots enclosure . Ants moved in their warm shed . I hate ants . So I get to be attacked by fire ants today . It sucks I just put all new mulch in there a few weeks ago . Like fifteen bags of hard wood mulch mixed with cypress mulch .

That really sucks!!

mike taylor

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
I used some red neck ingenuity and fixed my ant problem. Sprayed the substrate with water . The ants piled up in a corner . I took my rose bud torch and burned them to death . I got about one million ant bites. The key to this trick is keep the torch moving and flip the substrate by hand . I only had to remove two bucket loads of substrate. Not bad ! I hate ants !

AZtortMom

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Sunny AZ
I used some red neck ingenuity and fixed my ant problem. Sprayed the substrate with water . The ants piled up in a corner . I took my rose bud torch and burned them to death . I got about one million ant bites. The key to this trick is keep the torch moving and flip the substrate by hand . I only had to remove two bucket loads of substrate. Not bad ! I hate ants !
Pictures or it never happened:p

the_newzie

5 Year Member
las vegas
Proving once again, the solution to all life's problems is a flame thrower!

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Glad we have cold winters. No dealing with Mike's ants nor Yvonne's spiders.

jaizei

Unknown Member
10 Year Member!
Earth
When I was a kid, they said the killer bees wouldn't make it past Mexico and then it was South Texas...

the_newzie

5 Year Member
las vegas
@Jacqui - Potentially stupid question: What is a "Lemon Drop Tortoise" and why do you want to raise one? I tried to google lemon drop tortoise and got no info.