Pretend Chat 2.14

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
I love the "X's" on her eyes! They just wanted us to know she's dead for sure.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
It's a grey, ugly day here in Central California. I keep hearing about the fantastic el Nino we're having this year, but it's really not so fantastic here where I live.

I had an accident last night. I don't know how it happened. When I opened the leopard tortoise shed this a.m. it was as cold in there as outside. Thank goodness it only got down to about 43F last night. I have everything on timers, and this occurrence is one reason I'm not real thrilled with depending upon timers to do my job for me. If I had turned on the night fixtures manually, I would have realized that the switch on the surge protector plug had accidentally been switched to the off position. It's hanging on the wall, and not near anywhere it could have been brushed or touched, so I don't know how it happened.

All the leopards are still alive, but so cold they couldn't move. Time will tell.

sibi

10 Year Member!
Florida, USA
It's a grey, ugly day here in Central California. I keep hearing about the fantastic el Nino we're having this year, but it's really not so fantastic here where I live.

I had an accident last night. I don't know how it happened. When I opened the leopard tortoise shed this a.m. it was as cold in there as outside. Thank goodness it only got down to about 43F last night. I have everything on timers, and this occurrence is one reason I'm not real thrilled with depending upon timers to do my job for me. If I had turned on the night fixtures manually, I would have realized that the switch on the surge protector plug had accidentally been switched to the off position. It's hanging on the wall, and not near anywhere it could have been brushed or touched, so I don't know how it happened.

All the leopards are still alive, but so cold they couldn't move. Time will tell.

That happened to me the first year I built the pen for my sullies. The circuit tripped. Apparently, I had too many things on one outlet. Now, I have a back-up heater on a separate outlet in case that happens again. Also, if the electricity goes out, sometimes a heater will not turn on automatically when the electricity is restored. I take no chances anymore. It took hours of warm soaks to restore normal body heat and wake them up from a coma-like state!

Momof4

10 Year Member!
San Diego

Glad everyone is ok! 43 is pretty cold.

My heart dropped when I read " I had an accident last night."

tortdad

5 Year Member
NW Houston TX
Stupid Steven gave me His cold over the internet ! Thanks Steven! Hahaha Just kidding Steven . So which one of you guys can i email this cold too ? I hate being sick . Steven did you pm your cold all the way to Texas ? If so you are interwebs savvy my friend.
I got it too

mike taylor

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
So you are sickly to . So maybe when you sent that text message to me you sent the cold .

mike taylor

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club

Momof4

10 Year Member!
San Diego
Sorry you two love birds are sick:(

There are so many people I know with a bad stomach flu but it only last about 24 hours. The whole family gets hit in waves.

How about in Texas?

mike taylor

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Sorry buddy . Mom of 4 no pooping here in Texas just the cold . haha