Pretend Chat 2.14

Momof4

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
San Diego
Kathy, do you have the baby today? Feeling better?

Well, I just found out last night that the other grandma can't watch him on Mondays anymore !! It's to hard for her. She works a bit and he never sleeps for her so she can't work.
I couldn't say no, so I offered.

I'm feeling so much better!! Just a little cough but I feel like a new person.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
We were suppose to be getting about 8 inches of snow today, starting last night, so I decided to come in last night and stay with the kids. I brought KFC and we watched a few old Bones episodes.

This morning the storm is downgraded to only maybe 3 inches.

Oh well, better safe then sorry.

You're a brave woman! I wouldn't be able to leave the animals home alone if a big storm was coming.

Momof4

10 Year Member!
San Diego
Picked a couple of oranges. They are so pretty this year!
I don't remember them being this dark.
The other trees have a much lighter color. Maybe it's a different variety.
ImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1451316219.270097.jpg

Momof4

10 Year Member!
San Diego
We were suppose to be getting about 8 inches of snow today, starting last night, so I decided to come in last night and stay with the kids. I brought KFC and we watched a few old Bones episodes.

Sounds like you had a nice time!!
I used to watch Bones years ago!!
I think we liked it!

sibi

10 Year Member!
Florida, USA
I find that Florida navel Oranges are not sweet at all especially in the winter. They often are died out although they look juicy and sweet. I use to love oranges when I was a kid cause it was always sweet and it just tasted like oranges. Nowadays, I think they just artificially stimulate fast growth and/or pick them too soon. Whatever the reason, I haven't tasted a great, juicy, sweet orange in decades.

Oh, and good Monday Kathy, and anyone reading this

Momof4

10 Year Member!
San Diego
I find that Florida navel Oranges are not sweet at all especially in the winter. They often are died out although they look juicy and sweet. I use to love oranges when I was a kid cause it was always sweet and it just tasted like oranges. Nowadays, I think they just artificially stimulate fast growth and/or pick them too soon. Whatever the reason, I haven't tasted a great, juicy, sweet orange in decades.

Oh, and good Monday Kathy, and anyone reading this

You're right, store bought aren't as good. I only buy cuties for the kids around this time of year.

So far not a bad Monday. Just made a bunch of pancakes because a couple of kids spent the night.

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Well, I just found out last night that the other grandma can't watch him on Mondays anymore !! It's to hard for her. She works a bit and he never sleeps for her so she can't work.
I couldn't say no, so I offered.

I'm feeling so much better!! Just a little cough but I feel like a new person.

I can tell they really had to twist your arm to get you agree.

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA

only three inches? No comment

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
You're a brave woman! I wouldn't be able to leave the animals home alone if a big storm was coming.

It was hard to do. My neighbor is to call if the power goes out. It's the bad part about working. When the storm before had a chance of power outages, I did stay home. This one was not calling for that kind of weather.