Pretend Chat 2.14

mike taylor

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
I made one under the name Tortuga man . I guess they didn't like something about my alias. Who knows the webs is a mysterious place.

Momof4

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
San Diego
Yeah, but not in this instance.

When you call them you have to talk to the computer and while it's processing what you say there's typing sounds. It reminds me of this ad on the radio here for a body shop where it's like people talking over coffee and the spoons clanging against the cup sound effect is distracting.

Someone decided I was generous and bought themselves an Iphone with my credit card info. Unfortunately for them:(, I'd used that card before for Apple and it defaulted to my shipping info. So I have an Iphone that I need to return.

What a bummer to have to go through that hassle! We had Amex employees fraud us! We were reimbursed but still, internally?

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA

When you call them you have to talk to the computer and while it's processing what you say there's typing sounds. It reminds me of this ad on the radio here for a body shop where it's like people talking over coffee and the spoons clanging against the cup sound effect is distracting.

Someone decided I was generous and bought themselves an Iphone with my credit card info. Unfortunately for them:(, I'd used that card before for Apple and it defaulted to my shipping info. So I have an Iphone that I need to return.

OMG! I hope that's the end of it. Identity theft?

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA

you know it was just Christmas you didn't get me anything I've always wanted an iPhone. Just sayin

jaizei

Unknown Member
10 Year Member!
Earth
you know it was just Christmas you didn't get me anything I've always wanted an iPhone. Just sayin

I would never burden you with such an inferior technology.

jaizei

Unknown Member
10 Year Member!
Earth
What a bummer to have to go through that hassle! We had Amex employees fraud us! We were reimbursed but still, internally?

Returning the phone is becoming more of a hassle than anything with the credit card. They emailed me a link to a return label but you have to be logged in to Apple to get to it and my email wasn't the email used for the purchase so I can't get to it. I'll be calling them again later today. Anytime something like this has happened, I've never found out how it's happened. I just assumed that it was a store or site that had it's information compromised.

OMG! I hope that's the end of it. Identity theft?

As much stuff as I buy online, it'll happen again. I don't worry about it. As poorly as people talk about credit card companies, they're *******, but they're my *******.

dmmj

10 Year Member!
CA
Returning the phone is becoming more of a hassle than anything with the credit card. They emailed me a link to a return label but you have to be logged in to Apple to get to it and my email wasn't the email used for the purchase so I can't get to it. I'll be calling them again later today. Anytime something like this has happened, I've never found out how it's happened. I just assumed that it was a store or site that had it's information compromised.

As much stuff as I buy online, it'll happen again. I don't worry about it. As poorly as people talk about credit card companies, they're *******, but they're my *******.
are you near an Apple store could you take ir in & return it?

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Can you just cancel the purchase with your credit card company and keep the phone? (Or send it to David)

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Mike: I can't find you on Facebook. There are so many Mike Taylors in Texas.

I thought this was cute. I saw it on one of the Mike Taylor's sites. (He had motorcycle pictures so I thought he was you, but no):

481220_469733009730200_1645249846_n.jpg

jaizei

Unknown Member
10 Year Member!
Earth
Mike: I can't find you on Facebook. There are so many Mike Taylors in Texas.

I thought this was cute. I saw it on one of the Mike Taylor's sites. (He had motorcycle pictures so I thought he was you, but no):

481220_469733009730200_1645249846_n.jpg

Facebook stalking 101, if you can't find someone, find their family and/or friends.

dmmj

10 Year Member!
CA
if I ever die suddenly I hope someone will come over and delete my browser history