Pretend Chat 2.14

mike taylor

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
So are you guys going to move into the mold house ?

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
Whoops house shot - err "storage place" according to the county.

This guy is screwed.

View attachment 168873

It looks like a nice enough place to live. I notice the blue tape on the floor warning you where to not step. The old, vacant house on my property has a spot like that right in the middle of the front door (covered in carpet). Mighty scarey. You could be injured pretty badly.

MPRC

5 Year Member
Oregon
Chris is being a stubborn boy and not going to the doctor about landing on his bad arm unless it still hurts tomorrow. I wanted him to go asap so we had doccumentation.
Good news though, we found out that because we have been there a smidge over a year he can't give 30 days notice. It has to be 60. We have been advised to not budge and request he take us to court because he doesn't have a leg to stand on. I would love to see this stubborn smug jerk get his butt handed to him.

MPRC

5 Year Member
Oregon
Mike - We will only be moving into the moldy house if they drop the price by $15k which will allow for proper repairs. We fully expect them to laugh in our faces.
The mold is an issue from the house being vacant, if we have it taken care of it shouldn't return.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Mike - We will only be moving into the moldy house if they drop the price by $15k which will allow for proper repairs. We fully expect them to laugh in our faces.
The mold is an issue from the house being vacant, if we have it taken care of it shouldn't return.

When I moved into this house the bathroom walls were absolutely covered in mold. I washed them with bleach and when they dried, painted. I keep the door closed and the window cracked just a bit. The mold has never come back. A family of two small kids and two parents lived here before me (my daughter and her family) and I guess all those baths and showers kept the bathroom pretty humid.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Doesn't this bush, with just the lone bloom, scream "Take me home".

View attachment 168907

That's a tulip magnolia, a tree, not a bush, and my absolute favorite to see in the spring time. You should see a full grown tree in bloom. It's just gorgeous. I have a small one, but it's in a spot that doesn't get much water, and dies in the summer. Luckily enough for me, I recognize it's death throes and toss some water on it to keep it from dying completely. But because of its on again, off again life, it doesn't bloom.

bouaboua

10 Year Member!
San Jose CA
Any one from FL?

Is legal to pick up a EBT on the road and taking home in FL??

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Have my second load of mulch for the day. 12 bags this time. Looked at the little plant again...

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Wish you could really see this strip of field, it is such a pretty color.
20160330_145302.jpg

It is made up of this plant whose name is slipping my mind.
20160330_091122.jpg

bouaboua

10 Year Member!
San Jose CA
Take me home! Take me home, Take me home,Take me home,.......TAKE ME HOME! ! ! ! !:D:D:D

MPRC

5 Year Member
Oregon
It's 63 and sunny I'll be out on the lawn sunning in my birthday suit, don't be alarmed if you see a blinding white reflection.