Pretend Chat 2.14

MPRC

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Oregon
How down the inspection go today? Is your place safe?

I feel like such a Debbie Downer all the time here. Instead of a contractor a frail old man with no tools showed up and promptly stepped ON the cardboard we put over the hole and deemed it a safe fix. When we told the landlord's proxy (landlord is still in Korea) that their assessment is NOT adequate and that we are p*ssed that we have been asking them to fix the holes in the deck and the ceiling (There is a massive bees nest and they have eaten the ceiling in our coat closet) for a YEAR he told us he is giving us our 30 days notice.

Because that notice was not presented to us legally (in writing) we are planning on ignoring it. In the mean time we have finally managed to contact the county inspector for rural dwellings and are seeing what can be done because we do not feel that this apartment is safe and we are unsure if it even meets standard for being a legal dwelling. Apparently the fact that we don't have an address is a huge red flag.

Long story short, I am scrambling to find a new place for us while Chris handles things here.

We sent an addendum to the bank that owns the house we are trying to buy and asked them to reduce the price by $15k in light of recent discoveries, but I am not optimistic there after they fought with us so hard over $2k in closing costs and we ended up having to pay them ourselves.

At least the sun is shining....

jaizei

Unknown Member
10 Year Member!
Earth
I feel like such a Debbie Downer all the time here. Instead of a contractor a frail old man with no tools showed up and promptly stepped ON the cardboard we put over the hole and deemed it a safe fix. When we told the landlord's proxy (landlord is still in Korea) that their assessment is NOT adequate and that we are p*ssed that we have been asking them to fix the holes in the deck and the ceiling (There is a massive bees nest and they have eaten the ceiling in our coat closet) for a YEAR he told us he is giving us our 30 days notice.

Because that notice was not presented to us legally (in writing) we are planning on ignoring it. In the mean time we have finally managed to contact the county inspector for rural dwellings and are seeing what can be done because we do not feel that this apartment is safe and we are unsure if it even meets standard for being a legal dwelling. Apparently the fact that we don't have an address is a huge red flag.

Long story short, I am scrambling to find a new place for us while Chris handles things here.

We sent an addendum to the bank that owns the house we are trying to buy and asked them to reduce the price by $15k in light of recent discoveries, but I am not optimistic there after they fought with us so hard over $2k in closing costs and we ended up having to pay them ourselves.

Were any of your requests documented?

MPRC

5 Year Member
Oregon
Yes, they are all documented via email. We have a large file. We tried to just let things go all summer because we were planning on getting the heck out of here ASAP and it just never happened. Now we are fed up.

We also have documentation of several "Drop in" visits without 24 hour notice.

MPRC

5 Year Member
Oregon
Raining here, but I just HAD to get out of the apartment so I went and got some groceries. Yay for clearance Reeses Eggs.

Momof4

10 Year Member!
San Diego

You guys can't catch a break!!
You're not a Debbie Downer.

MPRC

5 Year Member
Oregon
I cannot make this stuff up!

Chris just fell through a new hole in the floor. RIGHT WHERE WE ASKED THEM TO INSPECT! We are going to try to wait until morning to go to his GP instead of an emergency clinic, but he caught himself with the arm that he had surgery on less than a year ago. We have already contacted the landlord in Korea directly to tell him a real contractor better get their butts over here.

We've already started making arrangements for the tortoises at his parents house. The rat goes to another friend and we may end up in a hotel on their dime. I cannot believe our run of bad luck.

Momof4

10 Year Member!
San Diego
I cannot make this stuff up!

Chris just fell through a new hole in the floor. RIGHT WHERE WE ASKED THEM TO INSPECT! We are going to try to wait until morning to go to his GP instead of an emergency clinic, but he caught himself with the arm that he had surgery on less than a year ago. We have already contacted the landlord in Korea directly to tell him a real contractor better get their butts over here.

We've already started making arrangements for the tortoises at his parents house. The rat goes to another friend and we may end up in a hotel on their dime. I cannot believe our run of bad luck.

:(

Momof4

10 Year Member!
San Diego
Our dog is really sick! He was up the entire night pacing and panting!
We're taking him to the ER vet if ours can't see him early:(

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Aw geez. I'm sorry to hear that. Poor doggy. I hope it's nothing serious and that the vet is able to help.

Momof4

10 Year Member!
San Diego
Aw geez. I'm sorry to hear that. Poor doggy. I hope it's nothing serious and that the vet is able to help.

Poor dog won't eat and looks miserable! He does have a tumor growing on his armpit area. Wonder if that's the issue or he ate something! He is a garbage disposal !!
We just loaded him up in the car. I'm guessing he weighs about 125 and he did not want to get in. He loves going for a ride normally. My husband took him because I need to wait for the baby and take my son to school.
ImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1459262319.177659.jpg

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Sitting at Village Inn with both my daughters and one of their bf. Then it's off to the zoo.

Momof4

10 Year Member!
San Diego
Running blood work and x rays now.
The vet has no personality at all!