Pretend Chat 2.14

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
I am looking forward to tomorrow. My youngest daughter and her guy are taking me to Omaha to the Henry Dorley Zoo! I think it is the world's best zoo.

Well, now that you know how to put up pictures, you have no excuse for not taking lots of pictures and sharing the zoo with us.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Dang it's windy!!!!! I went out with lots of vim and vigor and started raking up what I chopped down with the weedeater yesterday and the wind just carried it all over the place. Another day of wasted 'vim and vigor'. I s'pose I could clean house...NOT!

Momof4

10 Year Member!
San Diego
That's real purdy! I wonder if she got it with you in mind.

She did! She brought gifts back from Cabo, Mexico for all of us!

She is super fun and young at heart for someone close to 70! She is very animated and bubbly too!

Momof4

10 Year Member!
San Diego
Dang it's windy!!!!! I went out with lots of vim and vigor and started raking up what I chopped down with the weedeater yesterday and the wind just carried it all over the place. Another day of wasted 'vim and vigor'. I s'pose I could clean house...NOT!

It cold and windy here too!
I just went out and took pics of a retaining wall project to get before and afters. I found something in a tree we are cutting down!

Can you guess what it is? The pic isn't great because it's pretty high up so I had to crop it.
ImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1459186777.871796.jpg

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Looks like a mud nest of some sort. I hope it's not wasps!

There's a pair of Phoebe in my neighborhood. Last year they built a nice mud nest under the eaves of my house. But this year something kept disturbing them so they abandoned the idea.

Momof4

10 Year Member!
San Diego
Looks like a mud nest of some sort. I hope it's not wasps!

There's a pair of Phoebe in my neighborhood. Last year they built a nice mud nest under the eaves of my house. But this year something kept disturbing them so they abandoned the idea.

Nope:)

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
It cold and windy here too!
I just went out and took pics of a retaining wall project to get before and afters. I found something in a tree we are cutting down!

Can you guess what it is? The pic isn't great because it's pretty high up so I had to crop it.
View attachment 168733

Could it be a puffed up owl?

Momof4

10 Year Member!
San Diego
Could it be a puffed up owl?

It's a hummingbird in her nest!
See the dark line in the upper left corner above the nest? That's her beak. I'll try to get a better pic later.
It so cute! I keep checking on her and she hasn't moved. Must be an egg or two in there.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Oh, yeah. Now that you've pointed it out, I can plainly see her beak and head. It puts the size into the correct perspective too. I've been thinking it's a lot bigger than it really is.

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...

Windy? Are you in Nebraska?

Jacqui

10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
It's a hummingbird in her nest!
See the dark line in the upper left corner above the nest? That's her beak. I'll try to get a better pic later.
It so cute! I keep checking on her and she hasn't moved. Must be an egg or two in there.

So no cutting down the tree now?

Jacqui

10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Oh, yeah. Now that you've pointed it out, I can plainly see her beak and head. It puts the size into the correct perspective too. I've been thinking it's a lot bigger than it really is.

I too, expected something bigger

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Left over chicken fried steak, mashed potatoes and cowboy gravy

MPRC

5 Year Member
Oregon
Cute little birds, I thought it was way larger as well. I expected a giant wasp nest!