Pretend Chat 2.14

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
A Land Far Away...
She really can't do that! He needs to show up at her door with an officer and his papers and get the kids. She is screwing up the kids playing these nasty games. Just follow the plan and everything will be fine.

So sorry you have had such a bad week!!!

I know you said he was having trouble with the amount of child support. Is he up to date on it? (trying to play devil's advocate here)

Jacqui

10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
My daughter just texted me to invite me to join her and her guy for brunch. I get the feeling she knows I am not coming to the family Easter supper. :rolleyes:

MPRC

5 Year Member
Oregon
This is the worst time of night, it's too late for a sleeping pill, but I am wide awake. Do I take a pill and feel foggy all day, or do I skip the pill and chance being foggy from sleep deprivation? Boo.
At least I have the whole series of Bones on DVD to keep me company, I love this show.

Jacqui

10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
This is the worst time of night, it's too late for a sleeping pill, but I am wide awake. Do I take a pill and feel foggy all day, or do I skip the pill and chance being foggy from sleep deprivation? Boo.
At least I have the whole series of Bones on DVD to keep me company, I love this show.

I love that show too! When I do a stay over at my kids' house, the girls let me watch the old ones I have never saw before. I am only a few years behind.:rolleyes:

Jacqui

10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Sitting waiting for the shop to open, so I can get the car's oil changed. Sure glad it has a great heater, unlike my old pickup. Nice and cozy warm. :)

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Today was a total failure in the "adventure" department. I got up early and drive two hours to meet friends so we could go out to the coast and wander a bit, but an hour into my drive I got a tiny aching feeling behind my right eye. 40 minutes later I was spewing my breakfast on the side of the highway. I made it to the rendezvous point with a full blown migraine.
I gave my friends my snacks and a stupid $4 coffee that I hadn't even had a sip of and then found a parkking lot to take a nap in. I took some advil, spewed it back up and then slept like a rock for 2 hours on the side of the highway.
It took me until 6pm to make it back home.
In feeling better now but I walked in the door to a big neon sign with "Danger!" written all over it because the BF tripped on a hazard we have been harassing the landlords about for 6 months and out a big hole in the floor. Now there are building inspectors and lawyers involved.

If my fairy godmother is out there she must have gotten lost. Here's to Monday being better...tomorrow promises to be a downer as well since the ex won't let my boyfriend take the boys for Easter even though the parenting plan says it's his turn. That woman....grrr.

At least I've got my pjs and my "soft shelled" tortoise Pubert and nothing important to do tonight.

View attachment 168625

I feel so lucky that I don't get migraines. So sorry you had a bad day.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
I love that show too! When I do a stay over at my kids' house, the girls let me watch the old ones I have never saw before. I am only a few years behind.:rolleyes:

I don't know how she ever got the job. She can't act her way out of a paper bag. Don't get me wrong. I like the show. But why can't she memorize her lines and deliver them without hesitating between words like she does?

Jacqui

10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Menard's has this huge (life size) Galapagos tortoise statue. Cost is about as much as one too.:eek:

mike taylor

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
I'm cooking ribs,brisket ,chicken and other stuffs . Happy Easter ! Here's a joke for you ! Why does the Easter Bunny hide her eggs ? ...........Because she doesn't want anyone to know she is with a rooster ! Hahahaha

Attachments

• 1459088417831.jpg
    1459088417831.jpg
    46.6 KB · Views: 6

Momof4

10 Year Member!
San Diego
I'm cooking ribs,brisket ,chicken and other stuffs . Happy Easter ! Here's a joke for you ! Why does the Easter Bunny hide her eggs ? ...........Because she doesn't want anyone to know she is with a rooster ! Hahahaha

I'll be over at 2pm;)

Momof4

10 Year Member!
San Diego
Menard's has this huge (life size) Galapagos tortoise statue. Cost is about as much as one too.:eek:

I know those statues are so expensive!!! I see them at my nursery and I don't even bother getting excited!

mike taylor

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Yeah,they must be stuffed with gold or something . Concrete doesn't cost that much . Is not like it takes an artist to make one . They pour the concrete in a mold then paint it .

bouaboua

10 Year Member!
San Jose CA
Steven, are you referring here to the dangers of keeping tortoises and snakes together posing a risk to both types of animals from the specific virus harbored by both, or the 1995 study showing the mammal to reptile or via-a-vera cross contamination has not been demonstrated as of 1995?
Thank you Ken for your input.

I just hear over the wire.....some tortoise are been sold with this virus, and this virus may cause tortoise not able to reproduce.

MPRC

5 Year Member
Oregon
Happy Easter, no signs of bunnies here. I'll have to hit up the grocery store for discount candy tomorrow. Just a couple Cadbury eggs though, I swear!