Pretend Chat 2.14

MPRC

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Oregon
Today was a total failure in the "adventure" department. I got up early and drive two hours to meet friends so we could go out to the coast and wander a bit, but an hour into my drive I got a tiny aching feeling behind my right eye. 40 minutes later I was spewing my breakfast on the side of the highway. I made it to the rendezvous point with a full blown migraine.
I gave my friends my snacks and a stupid $4 coffee that I hadn't even had a sip of and then found a parkking lot to take a nap in. I took some advil, spewed it back up and then slept like a rock for 2 hours on the side of the highway.
It took me until 6pm to make it back home.
In feeling better now but I walked in the door to a big neon sign with "Danger!" written all over it because the BF tripped on a hazard we have been harassing the landlords about for 6 months and out a big hole in the floor. Now there are building inspectors and lawyers involved.

If my fairy godmother is out there she must have gotten lost. Here's to Monday being better...tomorrow promises to be a downer as well since the ex won't let my boyfriend take the boys for Easter even though the parenting plan says it's his turn. That woman....grrr.

At least I've got my pjs and my "soft shelled" tortoise Pubert and nothing important to do tonight.

1459048581038.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Today was a total failure in the "adventure" department. I got up early and drive two hours to meet friends so we could go out to the coast and wander a bit, but an hour into my drive I got a tiny aching feeling behind my right eye. 40 minutes later I was spewing my breakfast on the side of the highway. I made it to the rendezvous point with a full blown migraine.
I gave my friends my snacks and a stupid $4 coffee that I hadn't even had a sip of and then found a parkking lot to take a nap in. I took some advil, spewed it back up and then slept like a rock for 2 hours on the side of the highway.
In feeling better now but I walked in the door to a big neon sign with "Danger!" written all over it because the BF tripped on a hazard we have been harassing the landlords about for 6 months and out a big hole in the floor. Now there are building inspectors and lawyers involved.

If my fairy godmother is out there she must have gotten lost. Here's to Monday being better...tomorrow promises to be a downer as well since the ex won't let my boyfriend take the boys for Easter even though the parenting plan says it's his turn. That woman....grrr.

At least I've got my pjs and my "soft shelled" tortoise Pubert and nothing important to do tonight.

Glad you are feeling better. How often does he see the boys?

MPRC

5 Year Member
Oregon
We usually see them every other weekend. They (the adults in this equation) have a hard time communicating so we usually use his parents as an intermediary.
Part of the reason we are excited to move is that this place is not safe for small children so we don't keep them over night. With a new place they will have a room to stay in and there won't be holes in the floor and a lack of safe fire exits.

Cowboy_Ken

10 Year Member!
Kingman, Arizona
I made it to the rendezvous point with a full blown migraine.
Don't you just love migraines? I'm lucky in that I've gotten them for 37 yrs. or so. Benefit for me is I no longer spew from them. Mine are ocular migraines so first I get the tiny Aurora borealis that ends up large enough to block close to half of my vision. Then, 30 minutes or so later, it goes away and I get a full blown headache that is so beyond comparison of the best tequila hangover I've ever had! These will last 2-4 days with light/sound sensitivity to boot.
I've found the easiest way to bring one on is to; mentally dwell on them, stress of regular life, strobe/flashing lights, and of all things, a pain medication my doctor prescribed for me. One tablet a day, 3 days in a row, clockwork, I'll have a migraine. Trust me on this, I take those meds.
I'm very thrilled to say that I'm happy for you, happier for your boyfriend that you are better now. Be well my dear. Remember to breathe like before a dive, and happy thoughts of your tortoises. Sorry about the added stress of "other" parent crap having to muddy the waters of your life. It does get better. Trust me on that.

Cowboy_Ken

10 Year Member!
Kingman, Arizona
Have anyone hear about the "Crypto virus" of tortoise?
Steven, are you referring here to the dangers of keeping tortoises and snakes together posing a risk to both types of animals from the specific virus harbored by both, or the 1995 study showing the mammal to reptile or via-a-vera cross contamination has not been demonstrated as of 1995?

MPRC

5 Year Member
Oregon
Ken, thanks for your kind words. I'm not sure if you've ever been to Willamina just north of Dallas/Rickreall, but I puked in the general store parking lot today....and again at the gun store.

I am extremely lucky in the fact that I know exactly how to kill my migraines in 6 hours or less, but it involves IMMEDIATELY drinking a liter of water, puking my guts out, chewing up a couple of Advil and then taking a nap. If I am not somewhere that I can sleep safely I will be headed to the hospital. Lucky for me I can sleep just about anywhere - sitting up in a truck, on a plane, on a shelf at costco, under a banquet table at a wedding...

They come on really quick and I know as soon as it hits that I need to tell somewhere where I will be because I am going to sleep for the next couple hours.

I usually wake up disoriented, but much much better. If someone disturbs me though, may the Lord have mercy.

I've just whipped up a pot of my mom's "you're sick, eat this" meal that consists of a can of cream of chicken soup and a can of water and a can of minute rice that pretty much makes a tasty mush. I'm going to sick that down and go to bed so I am ready for dealing with the boyfriend's parents for Easter sushi tomorrow.

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Hoppy Easter all! I hope the Easter turtle brings you something to make you smile.

MPRC

5 Year Member
Oregon
Easter Turtle...I like that. I don't have a turtle shirt for Easter. I have a lot of holiday turtle shirts.

Cowboy_Ken

10 Year Member!
Kingman, Arizona
This one is for all new drivers, seems to me this handy device is not taught in drivers education classes nowadays.ImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1459059134.160661.jpg

Cowboy_Ken

10 Year Member!
Kingman, Arizona
Finally , I've got these two for Yvonne G & Jacqui. I figured both of you would enjoy the first one ImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1459059414.506832.jpgand the second oneImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1459059457.368969.jpg all of us and particularly the two of you would like it.

Momof4

10 Year Member!
San Diego

She really can't do that! He needs to show up at her door with an officer and his papers and get the kids. She is screwing up the kids playing these nasty games. Just follow the plan and everything will be fine.

So sorry you have had such a bad week!!!

MPRC

5 Year Member
Oregon
We are in a bit of a pickle with the ex, but there is mediation coming up between them to sort things out and enforce them.