Pretend Chat 2.14

jaizei

Unknown Member
10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Earth
The house has black mold. I know I am not supposed to cuss here so please just mentally imagine a string of expletives cascading from my mouth with the fury of a flood stage waterfall.
Now to decide, do I buy a house that needs another $8k of work on top of the $10k that we already financed for a rehab loan or do I cut and run and consider the $1,000 we have into the process a lesson learned about thinking positively and trying to be an optimist.

word-vomit.jpg

Since you are just finding out about the mold now, this far into the process, what do you think the chances of other issues popping up?

M

Maggie Cummings

I have followers ! 19 of them wow ! A little over 11000 post . Holy crap !

Yeah, nobody likes you. I have 47 followers and 9, 474 posts....

Plus Lacey, if the previous owner won't pay to remove he mold, cut and run and take him to court. He knew about the mold I betcha. Let me know if you need a place to put your torts for a while. and I know this sucks for you

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Beginning to remember why I started to hate holidays. I am hurting so bad in my back and shoulders after this busy day cashiering. :(

Yes, I will take some cheese with my whine.

MPRC

5 Year Member
Oregon
Plus Lacey, if the previous owner won't pay to remove he mold, cut and run and take him to court. He knew about the mold I betcha. Let me know if you need a place to put your torts for a while. and I know this sucks for you

It's a bank owned foreclosure so they don't know squat, but we believe the issues are the result of the house sitting unoccupied for well over a year with no maintenance.

I'll let you know if we need tortoise sitting, we are going to go back to the very first house we looked at in July and lowball the s**t out of them because we know it's been sitting for a long time and not selling because of the location.

Momof4

10 Year Member!
San Diego
Beginning to remember why I started to hate holidays. I am hurting so bad in my back and shoulders after this busy day cashiering. :(

Ice it! 20 minutes at a time. I promise it will feel better!

Momof4

10 Year Member!
San Diego

And I'll take some wine with your cheese:)

MPRC

5 Year Member
Oregon
Mmmm I have a bunch of blue cheese right now, so yummy! I love smoked gouda too, and honey goat cheese.

mike taylor

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Yeah, nobody likes you. I have 47 followers and 9, 474 posts....

Not everybody can be Maggie an Yvonne popular . hahaha

M

Maggie Cummings

Actually Mike, I am not liked here by many. Rarely do my posts get answered...etc. But I've changed a lot and the members of TFO don't see that. I don't really care, I dislike a lot of people here too. I block the ones I don't like. It does however, make for reading a strange thread, makes not much sense....good morning all, I am good today. "Cept for the freaking rain. I am dead tired of the rain, and am packing to move. It's still pouring. But it rains so much here, you haven't even read anything about flooding....headlines "BOB'S YARD IS FLOODED". The city is made so well made even tho, it has poured for 6 full months, we have a month to go and then the sun will shine. The city has an excellent flood system. But we are surrounded by rising rivers. Well, my tortoises and I are sick of the rain, and have no reason to stay here. So I am packing to move. I'll rent a storage locker and empty the house, the clean it, stage it and ask for $30,000 more than I paid for it. I expect to move in the middle of May. I tried to do it on my birthday, just like when I moved here. Not gonna make that
I can do and will do most of the stuff myself. But I will need some help with the heavy furnature. Any offers from Oregon TFO members will be taken!!!