Pretend Chat 2.14

theguy67

10 Year Member!
Good morning everyone.

Quick question. Does anyone else have dreams of their tortoises escaping? I just woke up from one. Luckily it was one where I found it before realizing it had escape (while finding hatchlings in the enclosure too). I've had several in the past which causes me to mentally go over my perimeter all day lol.

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
A Land Far Away...
Good morning everyone.

Quick question. Does anyone else have dreams of their tortoises escaping? I just woke up from one. Luckily it was one where I found it before realizing it had escape (while finding hatchlings in the enclosure too). I've had several in the past which causes me to mentally go over my perimeter all day lol.

Can't say I have.

M

Maggie Cummings

Sometimes splurging on the "unneeded" is what is needed.

Thanks Jacqui. It is believed that because I'm poor I can't have a Christmas, no tree, no presents, no company no dinner. So I simply wanted to go somewhere that I can celebrate Christmas. I don't mind being alone. but I do mind being ignored by my family, so I just wanted to take a ride and spend Christmas with a group of good natured strangers. And I have the money to do that as I've been putting a little away all year. All my bills are paid and caught up. But my sister doesn't talk to me very often, or actually listen, so she doesn't know that.
I have one more thing to say, then I will apologize for putting everyone on a bummer. I have not been the same since I lost Bob. I don't care about living and my ex family sure doesn't care about me. So now I'll say good morning and adios. I'm sorry to put my business out on front street, but maybe it needed to be. I'll apologize again, and say good morning all. I'm gone now so you can all chat without me.

Gillian M

5 Year Member
Jordan
Get there! How are you and the big O?
Hi @Jacqui nice to hear from you.

So far so good, except for the freezing cold weather which began-UGH. It is now pouring with rain, keeping both Oli and myself "imprisoned" at home.
How are you back there? Hope all is well.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
I think I'm going to change my errand-running day from Friday to Thursday. I went today because I was out of dog bones and the stores I shop at, including the post office, were all darned quiet. Got home about an hour earlier than usual too.

We're not going to have a sun today. The day started out foggy, and has evolved into a cold, overcast day. Runny nose weather.

I bought a small turkey at the store today, and a couple cans of cranberry sauce.

Tidgy's Dad

5 Year Member
Fes, Morocco
I think I'm going to change my errand-running day from Friday to Thursday. I went today because I was out of dog bones and the stores I shop at, including the post office, were all darned quiet. Got home about an hour earlier than usual too.

We're not going to have a sun today. The day started out foggy, and has evolved into a cold, overcast day. Runny nose weather.

I bought a small turkey at the store today, and a couple cans of cranberry sauce.
Do not show the cranberry sauce to the turkey.
It will be most upset.

Jacqui

10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
I was spoiled by my Mom making a cranberry salad (which I never ate), so the canned stuff is not even a poor second place. Glad though, that you enjoy it.

Jacqui

10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Do any of you make real hot chocolate? The kind you read about in books. Where you melt chocolate scrapings, not powder from an envelope.

Momof4

10 Year Member!
San Diego
Do any of you make real hot chocolate? The kind you read about in books. Where you melt chocolate scrapings, not powder from an envelope.

No, are you going to try it this year?

MPRC

5 Year Member
Oregon
I'm sick of being sick. Sick, sick, sick. My sinuses are a mess. There's so much snot.
Productivity has ground to a halt around here. I need a house wench. :p

Also re: hot chocolate, the bf made me some today...from the powder mix. I used to get "drinking chocolate" once a year from "Santa" and it was always ridiculously rich. You have to add Bailey's Irish cream to it to make it better. :p

Momof4

10 Year Member!
San Diego
I'm sick of being sick. Sick, sick, sick. My sinuses are a mess. There's so much snot.
Productivity has ground to a halt around here. I need a house wench. :p

Also re: hot chocolate, the bf made me some today...from the powder mix. I used to get "drinking chocolate" once a year from "Santa" and it was always ridiculously rich. You have to add Bailey's Irish cream to it to make it better. :p

Have you ever used a Neti pot?
Drug stores have them for $12 or so. I also used a saline rinse you squirt up. I had. this for 3 months. It's not fun. I lost 80% of my smell. I can't even smell burnt tortilla in the oven toaster with smoke pouring out or any food cooking. It's really weird. Even dog toots don't effect me! Well a little it does.
I hope you heal soon.