Pretend Chat 2.14

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
I watched the weather report last evening and the news guy was admonishing us all to be sure to have the outside dogs and cats protected because we had a freeze warning. So I went to bed with the mind set that it was going to be a cold night.

I felt nice and toasty in my beddy by this a.m. and had a real hard time getting up. But I finally did - took Misty outside - and there wasn't a speck of frost anywhere, not even on the roof.

The house was pretty cold though, because I heat it with the wood stove and I don't waste wood by building up the fire before I go to bed. I allow it to burn down. So I made a nice fire, took my garbage over to my daughter's trash cans, then sat here at the computer, intermittently adding wood to the stove. I felt so warm and comfortable that I forgot I have outdoor duties. The tortoises await! This is pretty late for me to be getting out there, but go I must! Cold or not. Gotta' get out there. Yup, the tortoises are probably champing at the bit for food and getting their doors opened. Duty calls. I must go. Have to brave that cold cruel world. ***Jacqui reaches through the screen, grabs Yvonne by the scruff of the neck and shoves her out the door, all the while yelling, "Will you please shut up!!!!!"***

Momof4

10 Year Member!
San Diego
Good morning all......we have.....guess it.......RAIN! Just pouring. All flooded again
I'm going to the travel agency this morning and plan my trip to Disneyland. I'm excited. Christmas at Disneyland what fun, even alone I'll have a blast

Sounds like fun!!! You should invite your sister;)

mike taylor

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Getting Yvonne out of her cave haha haha good luck . Keeping her on the phone when Maggie was broke down in Texas was a job . Getting her out of the house has to be a career move .

Momof4

10 Year Member!
San Diego
Getting Yvonne out of her cave haha haha good luck . Keeping her on the phone when Maggie was broke down in Texas was a job . Getting her out of the house has to be a career move .

I know it wouldn't happen but imagine those two exploring Disneyland together!
I think they would have a great time!

M

Maggie Cummings

Hell, I'd have more fun alone......but the Disneyland prices have tripled for Christmas. $250 for 2 days tickets for one old lady! So my plans are changing. I was gonna leave my cats with her, but now I've decided to go somewhere closer, Idaho, or Washington. And all the animals can stay here alone. I'll take Maks for the company. Gotta go look t a map.....

Gillian M

5 Year Member
Jordan

318049.png

MPRC

5 Year Member
Oregon
Hell, I'd have more fun alone......but the Disneyland prices have tripled for Christmas. $250 for 2 days tickets for one old lady! So my plans are changing. I was gonna leave my cats with her, but now I've decided to go somewhere closer, Idaho, or Washington. And all the animals can stay here alone. I'll take Maks for the company. Gotta go look t a map.....

Maggie, what about finding some nice hot springs to soak at? That's something I used to do every thanksgiving.

MPRC

5 Year Member
Oregon
Oh lawdy, one of my tortoise friends went to CA for the holiday and brought me back THIRTY FREAKIN' POUNDS of prickly pear fruit.

What do I do? Tortoise feast or attempt freezing? Some of them smell a bit off and are mush already so those are all going in the bathtub with all 6 torts for a big messy treat, but that leaves about 25lbs to deal with.

M

Maggie Cummings

Oh lawdy, one of my tortoise friends went to CA for the holiday and brought me back THIRTY FREAKIN' POUNDS of prickly pear fruit.

What do I do? Tortoise feast or attempt freezing? Some of them smell a bit off and are mush already so those are all going in the bathtub with all 6 torts for a big messy treat, but that leaves about 25lbs to deal with.

Bring some up here, or tell me where you live and I will IROCket down and get a few and meet you! Or not, ain't no thing.

M

Maggie Cummings

Look even Yvonne agrees with you.

MPRC

5 Year Member
Oregon
I just took all of the questionable looking cactus fruit down to the pet store so they could have a feast, there was a lot of smelly bruised crappy fruit that needed to be eaten today and I figured, what better way to get rid of a high volume.

@maggie3fan - This guy brings me bags of cactus fruit a few times a year, next time I'll let you know when he's headed this way and you can come reap the benefits. Maybe I'll set you up with the guy, he loves tortoises and isn't bad looking for a guy in his 70's ;) (I'm going to go hide before you swat me with a newspaper for suggesting I play matchmaker)

theguy67

10 Year Member!
I'm crazy about box cameras. I have to buy them every time I see them. I even shoot with some of them.

BTW, I think I'm about to order one of your vintage cameras. I went for one yesterday, but it was sold.

MPRC

5 Year Member
Oregon
@theguy67 - Don't forget the discount code "TURKEY20" (expires at midnight) and if you're looking for anything specific let me know! I have about 100 more cameras to shoot and post this month.

theguy67

10 Year Member!
@theguy67 - Don't forget the discount code "TURKEY20" (expires at midnight) and if you're looking for anything specific let me know! I have about 100 more cameras to shoot and post this month.

You ever find any vintage microscopes or telescopes? Might be outside of your focus (pun intended).

MPRC

5 Year Member
Oregon
You ever find any vintage microscopes or telescopes? Might be outside of your focus (pun intended).

I don't buy telescopes because of their size, but if I find microscopes, chemistry sets or other science-y things I usually grab them. Currently I don't have anything like that though, it's hard to keep Zeiss microscopes in stock.

theguy67

10 Year Member!
I don't buy telescopes because of their size, but if I find microscopes, chemistry sets or other science-y things I usually grab them. Currently I don't have anything like that though, it's hard to keep Zeiss microscopes in stock.

Well let me know if you find any microscopes.

In the mean time. I couldn't resist the brown Kodak......lol