Pretend Chat 2.14

MPRC

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Oregon
so why go back?

Proximity. Being able to drop off and walk home is important in a town where you don't know anyone.
Regardless, I won't be going back, but now I need to find a place that isn't incompetent.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Brave Misty was barking at this poor dying creature laying on the ground:

mousie b.jpg

One of my cats killed it then left it laying on the ground in the Aldabran tortoise pen. I thought it was a vole, but now I think it's a gopher, thanks to Zeropilot.

M

Maggie Cummings

Proximity. Being able to drop off and walk home is important in a town where you don't know anyone.
Regardless, I won't be going back, but now I need to find a place that isn't incompetent.

We actually have a pretty good Swab here. They've helped me a lot at no charge.....see, then you'd have to spend some time with me and taking pictures of pretty animals....:)

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
All those cat food, finally pay-off! ! !:D:D

I have one cat, Mr. Kitty, who doesn't really eat the cat food. He nibbles at the dry food, but turns his nose up at the canned. He is a bit feral, and does a lot of hunting. I'm pretty sure he's my gopher hunter. It must take a lot of patience to sit at a hole and wait for the creature to stick his head up.

Last year Misty went crazy over a spot next to the pond. It started out as a small hole in the ground and by the time Misty was finished with it it was an ankle breaking cavern. She never did get whatever she was after down there.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
You had a "Fox hole" also, right? is this year? or last year??

A fox was denning under the barn. But because Misty and I spotted the den and she caught us spotting it, she moved out to the pasture. There's a stump in the middle of the pasture and I noticed that there now is a nice hole going under the stump with dirt piled up outside the hole.

MPRC

5 Year Member
Oregon
I have one cat, Mr. Kitty, who doesn't really eat the cat food. He nibbles at the dry food, but turns his nose up at the canned. He is a bit feral, and does a lot of hunting. I'm pretty sure he's my gopher hunter. It must take a lot of patience to sit at a hole and wait for the creature to stick his head up..

My ex had a cat...Miss Kitty. She would bring her conquests home while they were still very lively. We learned that fishing nets work for removing angry crows and squirrels from the inside of the house.

Momof4

10 Year Member!
San Diego
Hmmm I have saw the sweet rolls, but not ones that are toasted.

Jacqui, these are delicious!
My husband said "don't buy them anymore!" They are addicting!

I crumbled them right in my soup and the whole bag is gone and I bought them yesterday. Oops!
They were in the deli section.
ImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1480447021.890222.jpg

Momof4

10 Year Member!
San Diego
Checking in, still sick and supremely ticked off with Schwabs. Dropped the truck off for an alignment at 9. No call, all day...I call and they say, "Oh we didn't do it, it needs a control arm" - We JUST replaced them with expensive fancy control arms that won't wear out for years.
This is the 3rd time they've screwed with us in less than 2 months.

Not cool!!
How do they expect repeat customers?!?! Glad you caught it!

Momof4

10 Year Member!
San Diego
Brave Misty was barking at this poor dying creature laying on the ground:

View attachment 193427

One of my cats killed it then left it laying on the ground in the Aldabran tortoise pen. I thought it was a vole, but now I think it's a gopher, thanks to Zeropilot.

Yuck!! I hate finding dead animals!!
I'm not too brave in that department unless my husband isn't around.
We find things in our pool I have to fish out.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Yuck!! I hate finding dead animals!!
I'm not too brave in that department unless my husband isn't around.
We find things in our pool I have to fish out.

I picked him up by the tip of his tail. It was pretty disgusting because he would twitch every so often.

MPRC

5 Year Member
Oregon
Not cool!!
How do they expect repeat customers?!?! Glad you caught it!

So the girl up front said "Control Arm" but what she meant was "Ball Joint" which is a much easier endeavor. Regardless, I'm still truckless unless I want to drive the work truck....and I really don't. I'm not super confident driving stick and the clutch is almost gone in it so it's not the best for someone who gets more and more anxious every time they kill it.

MPRC

5 Year Member
Oregon
I just made an impulse buy.

They get terrible reviews, but I'll report back with my own findings.
71f5ec9c-33ca-4a0a-b035-ba97f4913c6e_1.5dd1031eaf7b82e3abb08d87fbc1bb01.jpeg