Pretend Chat 2.14

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
There's this heater "as seen on TV" that plugs into the wall socket, called 'Handy Heater.' You can buy it off TV and get two for $19.95. Just for the heck of it I looked it up on Amazon and they have it too. . . that is, if you want to pay $42 for one crummy unit:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01KRAKJZI/?tag=exoticpetnetw-20

M

Maggie Cummings

Thanks everyone......That's one thing I can say good about my family, we have pretty babies with lots of hair. I'm glad she's not funny lookin and bald. Yes group, I am an egotist, haven't ya'll learned that by now?????
And my youngest son, (he's 49) and his partner are paying Amtrak to take me to their house for Christmas. And I'll get to see my sister, and right now I am trying to figure how to smuggle some turtles and 2 Sulcata onto the train......and trying not to be too excited...... woo hoo!!!! yipee!!!! Cool!

M

Maggie Cummings

Because we can never seem to buy the same brand they do. Same for hot dogs. I don't know what brand vendors buy, but my home cooked dogs don't taste nearly as good as bought ones.

That's about the only thing I miss since retiring. We used to have wonderful food parties!!!

@maggie3fan - you forgot to I.D. this cute baby picture. This is Keira, Maggie's great granddaughter.

you got to cook them outside on coals......Keira was born Dec 1.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
(Maggie's Amtrak trip brings her to Fresno, where her youngest son lives.)

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
you got to cook them outside on coals......Keira was born Dec 1.

None of the hot dogs I buy from a vendor are b-b-q'd, they all come out of a steamer. I don't like any kind of bratwurst.

Len B

10 Year Member!
Southern Md - Northern Neck Va
There's this heater "as seen on TV" that plugs into the wall socket, called 'Handy Heater.' You can buy it off TV and get two for $19.95. Just for the heck of it I looked it up on Amazon and they have it too. . . that is, if you want to pay $42 for one crummy unit:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01KRAKJZI/?tag=exoticpetnetw-20[/QUOTEI

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01KRAKJZI/?tag=exoticpetnetw-20
I picked one like that at auction a while back. Mine is 400 watts and when I tested it, it worked fine. What I did was make a portable outlet that could be hung up just about anywhere just in case emergency heat was needed somewhere like a tortoise house. I have never used it.

Picture 1645 copy.jpg Picture 1646 copy.jpg Picture 1647 copy.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

mike taylor

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Thanks everyone......That's one thing I can say good about my family, we have pretty babies with lots of hair. I'm glad she's not funny lookin and bald. Yes group, I am an egotist, haven't ya'll learned that by now?????
And my youngest son, (he's 49) and his partner are paying Amtrak to take me to their house for Christmas. And I'll get to see my sister, and right now I am trying to figure how to smuggle some turtles and 2 Sulcata onto the train......and trying not to be too excited...... woo hoo!!!! yipee!!!! Cool!
That's awesome Maggie ! Going to your kids house for the holidays ! Tell them all hi from Texas from this bearded red neck . You need family without family we are nothing .

MPRC

5 Year Member
Oregon
And I'll get to see my sister, and right now I am trying to figure how to smuggle some turtles and 2 Sulcata onto the train......and trying not to be too excited...... woo hoo!!!! yipee!!!! Cool!

Go get a doctors note for an emotional support animal? Tell the doc that if he thinks you are mean and nasty now he should see you crammed on a train without Sam to talk to. ;)

M

Maggie Cummings

Go get a doctors note for an emotional support animal? Tell the doc that if he thinks you are mean and nasty now he should see you crammed on a train without Sam to talk to. ;)

Too true to be funny....:)

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...

All right!

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
I picked one like that at auction a while back. Mine is 400 watts and when I tested it, it worked fine. What I did was make a portable outlet that could be hung up just about anywhere just in case emergency heat was needed somewhere like a tortoise house. I have never used it.

View attachment 193912 View attachment 193913 View attachment 193914

You're just so inventive! What a good idea. I read the comments about it online and that was one thing most people have against it - the fact that it was stuck in a wall outlet and not really where it was needed.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Goood daaay TFO!

Hi Jacqui! You off today? Going Christmas shopping?

I finally got my WeedEater going yesterday and edged Dudley's yard and knocked down the areas of tall grass where he doesn't graze. Today I think (if it's not windy) I'll fire up the sprayer and get to the weeds along the driveway and out in the pasture.

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Hi Jacqui! You off today? Going Christmas shopping?

I finally got my WeedEater going yesterday and edged Dudley's yard and knocked down the areas of tall grass where he doesn't graze. Today I think (if it's not windy) I'll fire up the sprayer and get to the weeds along the driveway and out in the pasture.

Nopers, Tuesday is normally an 8-4 (or 430) day.

mike taylor

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
I'm at stupid work . One day I'll be able to just feed tortoises and build cars all day long . Good morning people .

MPRC

5 Year Member
Oregon
I'm about to change my name in my father's phone. I'm Lacey, his boss is Larry. They are right next to each other. 5am phone calls are enough to scare the crap out of me. I tend to assume something has gone terribly wrong and I just get a voicemail that says, "Oh sh*t, sorry kid, you're not Larry." ---Thanks for letting me know Dad.