Pretend Chat 2.14

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
He slept Wed night at home, spent Thurs deliverying a load, is home now until Sat. I have to go back to work tonight.
Well heck. Looks like you took the wrong days off.

Peliroja32

Biloxi, Mississippi
Found this guy at the dump when tossing palm trimmings, almost stepped on him. I thought it best to bring him back to the house i was working at. He stayed right there on my head opening and closing his wings until we got there, even when i stopped in at subway to pick up some lunch. Actually it seems he didnt want to get off when we finally arrived, took a good 5 min to convince him to get off my finger and onto some flowers20180322_135742.jpg

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Found this guy at the dump when tossing palm trimmings, almost stepped on him. I thought it best to bring him back to the house i was working at. He stayed right there on my head opening and closing his wings until we got there, even when i stopped in at subway to pick up some lunch. Actually it seems he didnt want to get off when we finally arrived, took a good 5 min to convince him to get off my finger and onto some flowersView attachment 233984

Good for you. He probably wouldn't have made it if left at the dump. He seems very big compared to those I see here.

Peliroja32

Biloxi, Mississippi
Yeah for a while it looked like he wasnt gonna make it. He wouldnt try to fly. But after i tried getting him onto a flower he kind fluttered a little. I kept checking on him where i left him, it was at least 3-4 hours before i guess he flew away

MPRC

5 Year Member
Oregon
"Oh they are buddies and come with a cage" - thanks for the 20g, can't imagine why one is fat and one is skinny. I'm a sucker. 20180315_164538.jpgreceived_10155658802147734.jpeg28c54887-a745-4d37-b2d5-1bff68136bc6.jpg

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Good morning! Good thing rainy days and Mondays don't bring me down as the song goes. Today would be a double downer.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Good morning! Good thing rainy days and Mondays don't bring me down as the song goes. Today would be a double downer.
Wow, here it is already Wednesday and no one "good morning'd" back to you! So sorry!!!! So, triple good morning to you. Hope your intervening mornings were as lovely as the rainy Monday one was!

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
I do my biggest round of shopping on my way home on Wednesday mornings. Here are some of what I picked up....

The first store, Wal-Mart was all greens.20180328_073512.jpgAt fresh Thyme it was an assortment, but heavy on fruits and veggies.
20180328_083858.jpg
Then another Wal-Mart stop for more greens. This is not quite two days of good for those silly shelled ones. Produce guys hate me coming in and wiping out their greens.

Momof4

10 Year Member!
San Diego
I do my biggest round of shopping on my way home on Wednesday mornings. Here are some of what I picked up....

The first store, Wal-Mart was all greens.View attachment 234645At fresh Thyme it was an assortment, but heavy on fruits and veggies.
View attachment 234646
Then another Wal-Mart stop for more greens. This is not quite two days of good for those silly shelled ones. Produce guys hate me coming in and wiping out their greens.

They probably thought “dang this lady is a health nut!”