Pretend Chat 2.14

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
Most women have flour and sugar canisters on their kitchen counter tops. I have this:

canisters.jpg

Attachments

• canisters.jpg
    canisters.jpg
    136.4 KB · Views: 6

Stuart S.

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Paris, Texas
Good morning everyone! Long time no talk, hope all is well! The weather is finally getting warm here in North East Texas! Hope you all have a great Tuesday!

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
The blood donations make for better blooming.
Lol! This is a real pretty rose planted right next to the pond. It must be grafted onto a more hardy root stock, and suckers from that root stock keep coming up. The suckers are very long, climber-type sticks, sometimes 4' or 5' long, and naturally, they're right in the center of the existing bush. Plus the flowers on the suckers are tiny, red, old fashioned roses, and not pretty at all. I try to get in there and cut the suckers off at the trunk, but it's impossible. Maybe I need a leather, long-sleeved shirt! Here's the rose bush:

rose at the pond b.jpg
rose bush 1.jpg
. . . and the dead suckers from yesterday:

rose bush 2.jpg

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
I have some old bushes like that. Lol The root stock has survived and are the ugly red climbers. When the kids gave me these roses for Mother's Day years ago (25 years perhaps), they were three varities of beautiful tea roses. I can't dig them out due to sentiment, but I'd love to.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
So I took in a female ornata several days ago, then a couple days later, a male ornata. I put him in the quarantine pen right next to the one she was in. Next time I went out to check on him, he was gone! He had scraped a hole in the wood fence and headed for the hills. That particular board was a pretty old one, and the wood must've been soft (wood rot?).

Then yesterday a neighbor down the street called me to tell me he had found a box turtle! So Lassie came home!

Now I just have to find a good home for them (before he figures out how to get out of the pen he's in now).