Pretend Chat 2.14

smarch

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Massachusetts
Yeah, I know. I've often thought about June being halfway through as well, so why July? But either June or July, I still don't understand the point. I like the enjoy each season/time of year as it is supposed to be enjoyed.
Maybe they wanted Santa to get a peak of our summer season? Santa needs a warm sunny vacation too!

sibi

10 Year Member!
Florida, USA
Never said it made sense to me either... I mean june is halfway not july... I've just been dating a lot of stuff at work today so happened to put 2 and 2 together that its the 25th.

Hum bug...I think if anyone puts an inflatable Santa out on their lawn, it ought to bust and melt :p

smarch

5 Year Member
Massachusetts
Hum bug...I think if anyone puts an inflatable Santa out on their lawn, it ought to bust and melt :p
I'm not really a fan of the inflatables, its kinda tacky. Although I do like the huge snowglobe ones, but I have this thing for snowglobes so obviously a giant one speaks to me :)

Elohi

5 Year Member
Texas
I saw a bunch of people posting pictures of Christmas in July gifts, elf on a shelf naughtiness, and decorated their houses. Ummmm, not thanks lol. I'm not interested in yet another expensive, blown out of proportion holiday. It seems like we have a mompetition in this country and I'm not participating in making the rich richer with extra holidays. Nope. Bahumbug.

Elohi(Earth)

T33's Torts

5 Year Member
Neverland!
Good morning Tiff! I'm so happy to hear from you cause of what you're going through. How's Blondie? Did he have a biopsy of the lung? And, what's the actual prognosis? Your Mil sounds great! Is she visiting, or are you some where else? Sorry if you've already posted some of these answers. I just don't want to go back and read all that I missed. I love ya :(
Biopsy of chest lining. Who would've thunk our chests are lined?! I'm not 100% sure anymore, but I'll find out today. She lives in MN. :)

smarch

5 Year Member
Massachusetts
I saw a bunch of people posting pictures of Christmas in July gifts, elf on a shelf naughtiness, and decorated their houses. Ummmm, not thanks lol. I'm not interested in yet another expensive, blown out of proportion holiday. It seems like we have a mompetition in this country and I'm not participating in making the rich richer with extra holidays. Nope. Bahumbug.

Elohi(Earth)
Wait people actually do gifts and stuff!!?? that's dumb! I'm kinda just like "hey happy Christmas in July" ,although technically once I was "decorated" at work, when I used to work in a room that was used for storage and a Christmas tree was in there. I lit it up all july and that's when my whole acknowledging Christmas in july started, but that's all it is to me, really just another day, kind of like a half birthday, its there but that's all.

sibi

10 Year Member!
Florida, USA
Biopsy of chest lining. Who would've thunk our chests are lined?! I'm not 100% sure anymore, but I'll find out today. She lives in MN. :)

So, your mil is there with you and Dylan? Is Dylan home now, or still in the hospital? You tell him that I said he's not off the hook yet. He can still post cause there's nothing wrongly with his fingers, right? :p

Elohi

5 Year Member
Texas
Tiff, have they put him on a no sugar, no synthetics diet like they do for people who don't do well with chemo?
We are are rooting for him, and you. And while all of this is going on, don't forget to take care of yourself. We know you are young and resilient but don't neglect yourself too much. ❤️❤️

Elohi(Earth)

smarch

5 Year Member
Massachusetts
I feel so pathetic that some of you are having what are actual reasons to have your life side tracked for moments, while i'm dying inside over a breakup... either way though i'm very glad I started in on this chat because its good to have people to talk to who actually reply and listen, even if you're not "real life" friends its good to have all of you.

tortoisetime565

Oklahoma
I feel so pathetic that some of you are having what are actual reasons to have your life side tracked for moments, while i'm dying inside over a breakup... either way though i'm very glad I started in on this chat because its good to have people to talk to who actually reply and listen, even if you're not "real life" friends its good to have all of you.

He probably isn't worth it!! Besides, your tortoises will never leave!!

smarch

5 Year Member
Massachusetts
He probably isn't worth it!! Besides, your tortoises will never leave!!
(she) and she'd been my best friend for 6 years now and my girlfriend for 2 years. its just a gaping hole in my life. But the good news is Franklin is stuck with me and he's not going to leave me. I'm at a point where im perfectly ok moving to a place by myself and living with a dog and a whole lot of tortoises, as long as I feed them they'll "love" me :)

jaizei

Unknown Member
10 Year Member!
Earth
Why would temp banning cause a reduction in posts?

Elohi(Earth)

The reason he was banned was that I accidentally clicked on his post in a spam thread instead of the spammer's. The 'Spam Cleaner' program on the forum does a bunch of things automatically, which includes moving all of their threads over to the 'To be Deleted' section of the forum and deleting all of their posts in other members' threads. I wasn't sure if there was an automatic way to bring everything back into public view, so I manually moved/undeleted ~500 of his posts back into public view. That is why only some of his posts came back immediately. Yesterday I found a way to do it automatically that is built into the software, so Josh did that to bring everything else back.

tortoisetime565

Oklahoma
(she) and she'd been my best friend for 6 years now and my girlfriend for 2 years. its just a gaping hole in my life. But the good news is Franklin is stuck with me and he's not going to leave me. I'm at a point where im perfectly ok moving to a place by myself and living with a dog and a whole lot of tortoises, as long as I feed them they'll "love" me :)

Sorry, she. But still. If she left then she isn't worth it. You a nice person. She is the one missing out. Not you.

AZtortMom

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Sunny AZ
When my hubby to be starts getting fresh with me, I tell him he needs to watch it because the torts are his replacement ;)