Pretend Chat 2.14

tortdad

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
NW Houston TX
Yeah but I've never watched them before.... And I'm out of practice with children who can't take care of and entertain themselves....

Just play..... Anything can be played with at that age, a box or a blanket. Build a fort out of the couch and some pillows

smarch

5 Year Member
Massachusetts
What is a virtual 5k?
well a 5k race is 3.1 miles, but i'm assuming that wasn't the question lol just clarifying. But the virtual part is that you basically do it on your own time, kind of like an online class. I paid for registration I get shipped a medal and I run the distance then share my times online and stuff. They add to motivation when there's no local races around to run, and they usually cost less.

tortdad

5 Year Member
NW Houston TX
well a 5k race is 3.1 miles, but i'm assuming that wasn't the question lol just clarifying. But the virtual part is that you basically do it on your own time, kind of like an online class. I paid for registration I get shipped a medal and I run the distance then share my times online and stuff. They add to motivation when there's no local races around to run, and they usually cost less.

So you pay to run in a 5k when there isn't really a 5k happening. Just send me your money instead and I'll draw you a picture of a metal and ma it to you, j/k :)

lisa127

10 Year Member!
NE Ohio
Anything you can do to help with motivation is always a good thing.

I've been dieting and I find the my fitness pal app very helpful.
My daughter is a nutrition major. She always uses the my fitness pal thing.

Abdulla6169

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Dubai/New York
Anything you can do to help with motivation is always a good thing.

I've been dieting and I find the my fitness pal app very helpful.
I've found that white balsamic vinegar is helpful at killing appetite :) it makes you eat a lot less!

smarch

5 Year Member
Massachusetts
So you pay to run in a 5k when there isn't really a 5k happening. Just send me your money instead and I'll draw you a picture of a metal and ma it to you, j/k :)
Its hard to explain, it still is happening, just on your own time and place. Most have facebook groups or events where you basically "meet" with other racers and talk about how you did, your times ect. Others have sites where you put in your times and are even put in order as you placed. So while it didn't per-say actually happen it still did. Some people do themed series of races and others will host just one as a fundraising thing.

A picture of a medal wont do! I gotta wear my bling! For me the medals and signing up just keeps my butt going when I feel like being lazy, especially since most of the summer is too hot for me to run and actual race (and I live in MA so I can imagine how a nice AC gym race would be better to people more south as well!)

I'll still take that pic of a medal though! ;)

smarch

5 Year Member
Massachusetts
What is a virtual race? A virtual race is a “race” that can be run anywhere you are – no specific starting time or starting place… Occasionally they have specific dates, or sometimes the dates will range a week or two to give you time to finish it. Just pick your favorite running path or trail and RUN.
From the internet :)
I know a lot of people do it because they are still too self conscious to be in an actual race with a bunch of people, but still want to do the distance so they do those as a start. I just do it for the sake of motivation and not driving all over the place every weekend to do a race. Though I am signed up for a few mud runs come fall! Those i'm excited for!

lisa127

10 Year Member!
NE Ohio
I love balsamic vinegar! I'm not considered overweight, I just like balsamic vinegar!

I'm one of those people who always wants to lose 5 lbs. though.

tortdad

5 Year Member
NW Houston TX
Its hard to explain, it still is happening, just on your own time and place. Most have facebook groups or events where you basically "meet" with other racers and talk about how you did, your times ect. Others have sites where you put in your times and are even put in order as you placed. So while it didn't per-say actually happen it still did. Some people do themed series of races and others will host just one as a fundraising thing.

A picture of a medal wont do! I gotta wear my bling! For me the medals and signing up just keeps my butt going when I feel like being lazy, especially since most of the summer is too hot for me to run and actual race (and I live in MA so I can imagine how a nice AC gym race would be better to people more south as well!)

I'll still take that pic of a medal though! ;)

I got you!

ImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1406294717.764329.jpg