Pretend Chat 2.14

Momof4

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
San Diego
My daughter took me to breakfast, gave me a cake and a $50 gift certificate to my favorite hardware store. Then it was just business as usual.

Sounds wonderful!
How is your daughter doing?

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
She has her infusions every Wednesday, and feels awful Thurs, Fri, Sat and sometimes Sunday. Her head is extremely itchy and when she scratches it she gets the feeling that she's not scratching the correct place (no relief). Also, she has a very strong metallic taste in her mouth. They do blood tests before the infusion, and so far everything looks like its supposed to. If the infusions don't work, it's chemo next.

smarch

5 Year Member
Massachusetts
So people who've been around on chat for over a year now must remember from June last year that snowboarding guy from VT I was head over heels for, the one who was basically *the* guy I first noticed ever. This same guy is the one I travelled to PA to see at a race (ok that sounds creepy: I had to do the race anyway). The same one I had some great talks with when I went to VT in September, the one who got me to stop drinking when it was becoming a problem. Well I went up to VT the other day to hike, and to get a snowboard from him and we got to chat more. Turns out he pays attention, he knew my car, remembered I wanted to live up there, and a whole lot of other stuff even some long time friends wouldn't remember. So needless to say I've been pretty happy these past few days. Do I have a shot? Not likely, he's 12 years older than me, but that doesn't make it any less awesome to chat with him!

smarch

5 Year Member
Massachusetts
Someday I will live here. My heart and soul already do. Thankfully it's technically still in driving distance, and for the first time since my head gasket blew I was able to get myself back to where I love most. I've left parts of myself up there that no one could imagine, it's truly my paradise on earth.
ImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1468022863.566174.jpg
ImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1468022883.159140.jpg
ImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1468022935.565223.jpg
ImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1468022920.147728.jpg
ImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1468022962.952933.jpg
ImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1468022976.351152.jpg
ImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1468022991.919292.jpg

smarch

5 Year Member
Massachusetts
Is he single?
He was actually talking about how his girlfriend left him a little while ago because he "travels too much for work" which is what happens when your work is travel based I guess. For people who don't talk all the time and have seen each other a handful of times, we talk pretty openly and about a lot.

bouaboua

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
San Jose CA
He was actually talking about how his girlfriend left him a little while ago because he "travels too much for work" which is what happens when your work is travel based I guess. For people who don't talk all the time and have seen each other a handful of times, we talk pretty openly and about a lot.
Yap....I know how it goes....I travel 6 months out of an year. Thank God, my wife not complaining, or leaveing me.:D

Age just a number. I'm 9 years older than my wife. But I'm her "baby" sometime. Able to communicate, is a very big and important part of relationship. common interest, is even better. Oh will....Let things take it's course. If it happens, it happens. If not, just don't get hurt.

Momof4

10 Year Member!
San Diego
She has her infusions every Wednesday, and feels awful Thurs, Fri, Sat and sometimes Sunday. Her head is extremely itchy and when she scratches it she gets the feeling that she's not scratching the correct place (no relief). Also, she has a very strong metallic taste in her mouth. They do blood tests before the infusion, and so far everything looks like its supposed to. If the infusions don't work, it's chemo next.

Poor thing!! Sounds like symptoms my mom went through. Cancer is horrible!!
I'm sure she's strong just like her mom:)

RV's mom

10 Year Member!
Phoenix, arizona
M-m-m...Taco Bell!

The older you get, the harder it is to lose weight. I don't eat breakfast. In fact no food or drink goes into my mouth until lunch time. For lunch I generally cook something. I eat a big lunch and drink a bottle of water. Then no more food or drink until evening when I have a snack and another bottle of water. I don't know my calorie intake, but it really can't be all that much.

This new thing I'm trying is called Golo. It's supposed to help you lose weight by managing your insulin. It's not going to work either, though, because I can't eat like they want you to eat. I have their supplement, which I'm supposed to take 3 times a day with a meal. So this a.m. I ate a piece of buttered toast and the supplement pill, and drank a bottle of water. I ate my normal lunch with the pill and a bottle of water. And I'll have another pill with my snack in the evening. But they want you to figure out how much you need to eat. Too much brain work for me. I can't eat three meals a day. I'm just not that hungry.

They've done studies where those who skipped the traditional breakfast had the harder time losing weight. But I'm with you. I have a very hard time eating when I first get up. Biggest meal is around mid day (my first meal) and then smaller healthy 'snacks' as the day progresses.

smarch

5 Year Member
Massachusetts
Yap....I know how it goes....I travel 6 months out of an year. Thank God, my wife not complaining, or leaveing me.:D

Age just a number. I'm 9 years older than my wife. But I'm her "baby" sometime. Able to communicate, is a very big and important part of relationship. common interest, is even better. Oh will....Let things take it's course. If it happens, it happens. If not, just don't get hurt.
Age definitely is just a number. I'm only 22, but people seem to put me around 25/26 when they meet me because of how I hold myself. I had a 38 year old assume I was around 26 and was super surprised I was not. I don't get why so many people have trouble about significant others traveling a lot, maybe I'm just so conditioned to being alone that the idea of being alone sometimes yet in a committed relationship seems like a sweet deal. Honestly I'd probably feel smothered otherwise. Plus it's only like 2 weeks at a time for him. Either way I'm not going to let this hurt me, no matter what it is what it is. I'm finally going to make a pass next month, since my plans are to go up for a few nights around my birthday and I'm going to ask what sushi place he'd suggest and if he'd like to join me and my friend with any of his friends, because that man knows how to eat sushi!

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Age definitely is just a number. I'm only 22, but people seem to put me around 25/26 when they meet me because of how I hold myself. I had a 38 year old assume I was around 26 and was super surprised I was not. I don't get why so many people have trouble about significant others traveling a lot, maybe I'm just so conditioned to being alone that the idea of being alone sometimes yet in a committed relationship seems like a sweet deal. Honestly I'd probably feel smothered otherwise. Plus it's only like 2 weeks at a time for him. Either way I'm not going to let this hurt me, no matter what it is what it is. I'm finally going to make a pass next month, since my plans are to go up for a few nights around my birthday and I'm going to ask what sushi place he'd suggest and if he'd like to join me and my friend with any of his friends, because that man knows how to eat sushi!

Because like the song says, sometimes you need more then a phone to hold (or be held by).

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
I guess I'm really in a bad mood today. Didn't think I was, but some poor kid was just trying to get info on tortoises and I gave him a bad time about punctuation and capitalization. But, Dang It! This isn't a place where you use text-speak and it really bugs me!!!!!!