Pretend Chat 2.14

RosieRedfoot

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Columbia, SC
Waiting on my bf to show up to jump my car...

So, work scheduled my physical at a dr office I've never been to or know where it's at (confusing outbuildings) and I was late because my car wouldn't turn over. So, thinking I had left lights on or wtv I head to the dr. Well, turns out my year old interstate battery is crap but I don't find this out until I park at the wrong building. So here I am waiting. Yay

Abdulla6169

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Dubai/New York
I used to hate kids till I met my baby cousin and fell in love when he curled up with me on the couch to watch TV when my sister was babysitting him (she was jealous of that) but it melted my heart! Then another time she was babysitting I got to deal with a tantrum, at first it was holy crap how do I make him stop I must have broke him! But after carrying him away he calmed down and it was like it never happened. I do want kids eventualy, I just have plenty of time for that in the future, since I plan to adopt anyways so I have no ticking biological clock and probably will adopt older when I have time money and wont regret having kids early and missing out... because I often wonder if my parents missed out by having me late 20's.. I know I look at this all soooo much different than everyone though, and i'm an adventure person, theres so much I want to do its crazy!... and maybe I am crazy but at least I'm fun... to put it in a way I say I hate to but seem to use often..."YOLO" I mean it is true but it became way too hipster to actually use out-loud now lol
Hey Sarah :) YOLO always annoyed me because like you can't live twice, duh :rolleyes:... I think as long as you don't go doing stupid stuff saying YOLO your fine :p A German word that seems or have Arabic origin is "Mine" (that's how they say the word, spelling is wrong) from the Arabic word M'ana. The word means "meaning" in both languages.

This is my current project:
View attachment 93553View attachment 93554
A client couldn't take care of it.... Few weeks old, can't feed himself nor go to the bathroom yet by himself...... So stinkin' cute, though. Hopefully I can keep the poor little guy alive...

Name input? Looking for something unique but not too cliche or dumb. lol.

Did I mention this includes middle of the night feedings? lol. Eh, he deserves a shot. :)
Wow! He's cute :D Call me skipper (That's the first thing that popped in my head)!

So ya guys. Robert is still feeling sick.
The doctors took some blood tests, but we'll have to wait until Friday(?) to get the results back-_-
I hope he feels better soon. Getting those results is pretty annoying, keep us updated!

Abdulla6169

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Dubai/New York
Waiting on my bf to show up to jump my car...

So, work scheduled my physical at a dr office I've never been to or know where it's at (confusing outbuildings) and I was late because my car wouldn't turn over. So, thinking I had left lights on or wtv I head to the dr. Well, turns out my year old interstate battery is crap but I don't find this out until I park at the wrong building. So here I am waiting. Yay
Hope she comes soon :D

Elohi

5 Year Member
Texas
I learned last night that my piano player will be starting a music theory and composition course in September. This could be really good for him because he already writes his own compositions but has never put one on paper before. I'm excited for him!

RosieRedfoot

5 Year Member
Columbia, SC
Yeah he jumped me and I went to an auto part store and they tested my battery and said it's got 0% life. So I missed the apointment, got lost, parked and had to get jumped, got told battery is dead but they can't replace free of charge, so now I'm waiting at the mechanic. This is battery number 3 in 5 years. My car also goes through head light bulbs 2x a year. So I think it has some weird electrical issues that aren't easily remedied. Sometimes the volume goes up when you turn the steering wheel to the right and down when you turn to the left.

Once I get done here I don't even know if I'm going to go into work. I called my boss and said I'm not coming in until it's fixed because I'm not getting stranded again. Bf has meetings this afternoon so he can't save me. Oh and I know the only parking left on campus is pay parking. Yay >.>

Elohi

5 Year Member
Texas
My day just went down the sh*****
Byron is missing. I'm running out to get fruit to execute operation sneaky horsefieldi. I'm going to remove some privacy fence panels so I can easily access the green belt where I believe he has escaped to and I'm going to put out fruit and water until his nose brings him in. It's hot and it's DRY here so I also plan to keep that small area watered until I find him. I am so damn upset that I missed a possible escape route. A small section of the chicken wire of the raise garden bed had come undone and tall thick grass on the outside hid it from me. The raised bed is small enough that I'm pretty sure he isn't buried in there. I checked and checked. I've searched my entire yard but will do it again when it cools down and again in the morning. But this evening I'm pulling fence slats down and put to put up wire not only so I can see of he comes to the fruit and water, but also so I can quicky get to him if I see him. Plus my dogs still need to go outside so I can't leave it open. Anyways, It's not easy to climb a 6 ft privacy fence when the side I would land on is thick brush, trees, cactus, with a bunch of building debris under the old grass.
I AM SO PISSED OFF AT MYSELF!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:

StarSapphire22

5 Year Member
Fargo, ND
Good luck Monica! I hope he comes home safe and sound.

Echo is stuffing her face with bloodworms. We might need to start separating during feeding though...she bit Pippins nose because she missed the worm in front of him. And luckily I was able to stop her before she got Lunas tail (they do look rather wormlike). The other ones still aren't eating...Chris says I don't need to start worrying until the second week of September though....so I guess I'll just keep trying!

RosieRedfoot

5 Year Member
Columbia, SC
Went to the mechanic and since my battery was only 8 months old they replaced it for free with a new one, no service charges. And *that's* why I chose them as my mechanic! They only charge for what actually needs to be done.

But I called my boss and he said "up to you if you want to come in" sooo I decided to run errands and call to schedule dentist/hair/dog appointments.

Elohi

5 Year Member
Texas
I'm nauseous. Just sick that sweet little Byron has escaped. I'm about to walk into Walmart to load up in fruit so I can keep fresh fruit out there until his nose brings him in. There is nothing good out where he is, to eat. It's so damn dry. Surely watering and fruit will draw him in. I have a suspicion he's right under my nose but the brush is just too hard to get thru.

tortadise

10 Year Member!
Tropical South Texas
I'm nauseous. Just sick that sweet little Byron has escaped. I'm about to walk into Walmart to load up in fruit so I can keep fresh fruit out there until his nose brings him in. There is nothing good out where he is, to eat. It's so damn dry. Surely watering and fruit will draw him in. I have a suspicion he's right under my nose but the brush is just too hard to get thru.
Oh boy. Sorry this happened. With the heat we have had.mid imagine he is not moving around right now, once the sun starts getting lower when be when he will come out. If it's dry brush should be accessible to some degree.. Hope you find him, sure he's not dug in somewhere in the enclosure?

Abdulla6169

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Dubai/New York
My day just went down the sh*****
Byron is missing. I'm running out to get fruit to execute operation sneaky horsefieldi. I'm going to remove some privacy fence panels so I can easily access the green belt where I believe he has escaped to and I'm going to put out fruit and water until his nose brings him in. It's hot and it's DRY here so I also plan to keep that small area watered until I find him. I am so damn upset that I missed a possible escape route. A small section of the chicken wire of the raise garden bed had come undone and tall thick grass on the outside hid it from me. The raised bed is small enough that I'm pretty sure he isn't buried in there. I checked and checked. I've searched my entire yard but will do it again when it cools down and again in the morning. But this evening I'm pulling fence slats down and put to put up wire not only so I can see of he comes to the fruit and water, but also so I can quicky get to him if I see him. Plus my dogs still need to go outside so I can't leave it open. Anyways, It's not easy to climb a 6 ft privacy fence when the side I would land on is thick brush, trees, cactus, with a bunch of building debris under the old grass.
I AM SO PISSED OFF AT MYSELF!!!!
I hope you find him :( We all know how much you love him! I hope everything goes well.

Elohi

5 Year Member
Texas
I bought strawberries, peaches, and mango. I also have apples, bananas, and cactus. Surely the sugar scent of fruity goodness with attract him. God I hope so.

Elohi

5 Year Member
Texas
This is the crap behind my fence...wild and wooly Texas. :(
ImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1409171667.297712.jpg
ImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1409171709.679598.jpg
ImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1409171721.947040.jpg

mike taylor

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Hey check out tge waterfall I found! We are working hard in Austin.

Attachments

• 1409173768258.jpg
    1409173768258.jpg
    94.8 KB · Views: 15
  • 1409173780535.jpg
    1409173780535.jpg
    92.6 KB · Views: 15

StarSapphire22

5 Year Member
Fargo, ND
Hippo likes these built in pillows that some humans have.

Attachments

• InstagramCapture_4f552092-151f-4275-8e39-11d5918bd0d5_jpg.jpg
    InstagramCapture_4f552092-151f-4275-8e39-11d5918bd0d5_jpg.jpg
    1,003.8 KB · Views: 11