Pretend chat 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thalatte

5 Year Member
Yep Arizona. Averages 112 during the summer.

Oh and just to put a downer on everything joker my bearded dragon died.

Kerryann

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
West Bloomfield MI
Jacqui said:
Kerryann said:
80 degrees and 95 degrees... what?? I am soo jealous!!!!!

See, we shoulda had the party here! :p :D

I am on my way. Can you guys handle me out there?

Thalatte said:

I am so sorry :(

I am hearing reports that lil wayne is dying?? What's the 411?

sibi

10 Year Member!
Florida, USA
Thalatte, I'm so sorry about your bearded dragon, Joker. Is there another animal dying also? I hope not. It's always hard to see one of your babies die. Sorry.
Thalatte said:

I wish I were there at the sale. I saw a bunch of the gravy cups that I'd love to get. The center, blue one is really nice. I loooooove sales with older things. Things that they don't even make anymore. And, unfortunately, I can't go to the event in TN, although it's only 7 hours drive for me. I drove there once with hubby. It was a long drive! But, I drove 6 hours to take my tort to the Animal Hosp in Gainesville. Would have loved to go though. If maybe I had more notice about it. Anyway, I hope to post more tonight and tomorrow.

Thalatte

5 Year Member
Maybe. One of my hatchling box turtles has been rather lethargic since coming out of brumation so far he isn't dead but it isn't looking good.

If it follows the current pattern he will die next weekend.

Apparently he overdosed on drugs... I am so surprised that a rapper overdosed...

That last part was about lil Wayne not me reptiles

Kerryann

5 Year Member
West Bloomfield MI
sibi said:
Thalatte, I'm so sorry about your bearded dragon, Joker. Is there another animal dying also? I hope not. It's always hard to see one of your babies die. Sorry.
Thalatte said:

I wish I were there at the sale. I saw a bunch of the gravy cups that I'd love to get. The center, blue one is really nice. I loooooove sales with older things. Things that they don't even make anymore. And, unfortunately, I can't go to the event in TN, although it's only 7 hours drive for me. I drove there once with hubby. It was a long drive! But, I drove 6 hours to take my tort to the Animal Hosp in Gainesville. Would have loved to go though. If maybe I had more notice about it. Anyway, I hope to post more tonight and tomorrow.

I love antiques too. :D Last time we went through Ohio we passed by these two huge flea markets and antique places and couldn't go because we were afraid someone would steal the wheels and tires we were hauling.
A lot of the antiques I have either came from my grandmothers house or from my mom. It's amazing how stuff used to hold up.

CtTortoiseMom

5 Year Member
CT
Thalatte said:
Maybe. One of my hatchling box turtles has been rather lethargic since coming out of brumation so far he isn't dead but it isn't looking good.

If it follows the current pattern he will die next weekend.

Apparently he overdosed on drugs... I am so surprised that a rapper overdosed...

That last part was about lil Wayne not me reptiles

I was thinking the same thing, about lil Wayne not your reptiles.
I am sorry about your loss :(

sibi

10 Year Member!
Florida, USA
My feeling exactly. That was when there were real skills in workmanship. Not today since everything is made in China now. Cheap quality, poor workmanship, and outright "don't give a hoot" attitude about making things for American consumption. They don't even care if they poison our children with the products they make. I can go on and on, but, in the end, it's the greedy Executives of these multimillion dollar companies that went for cheaper labor that's at fault.
Okay, that's enough of that. So, Kerryann, I read all is going well with work. What are you doing for entertainment lately? Did you check out the website I gave to Yvonne for the photo of me and the Bit-Wizards group who went to the play/ballet? It was www.facebook.com/bitwizards

Kerryann said:
sibi said:
Thalatte said:

I love antiques too. :D Last time we went through Ohio we passed by these two huge flea markets and antique places and couldn't go because we were afraid someone would steal the wheels and tires we were hauling.
A lot of the antiques I have either came from my grandmothers house or from my mom. It's amazing how stuff used to hold up.

CtTortoiseMom

5 Year Member
CT
I have a tortoise dilemma. I have been avoiding calling the different people that are housing the tortoises for me. I have been avoiding checking on them because if something is wrong I am very limited in what I can do. In addition, these people are trusted keepers that are doing me a favor and probably won't appreciate me asking for this past weeks diet, temps, humidity and overal health. The dilemma is I am dying to hear how they are doing but do not think I would be able to not ask a million questions and if something sounded strange to me I can't bring them home. So I guess my question is what would you do? Call or not call?

Thalatte

5 Year Member
Call. If these are people you know then they should know how much you love your torts. If they are people you dont know then that is an even bigger reason to call.

I thought my sitter was experienced and that I had trained them well enough on what I do. They do an ok job but it isnt the best so I am constantly calling to remind them of things. You need to do whats right for you and your torts not do what makes the other person feel good.

sibi

10 Year Member!
Florida, USA
Oh, Erin, call them. Just ask them is everything fine with your tortoises. After all, they are YOUR torts, and most professionals will understand your concerns. Even if there's something that doesn't sound right, talk about it. Tell them what you would do. There's no harm in that. Don't think that because they should know what they're doing that they do. Lots of things about torts are individualized and somethings work with torts, and other things don't. It's your job to explain what works for your babies. Call...it'll be fine, you'll see.

CtTortoiseMom said:
I have a tortoise dilemma. I have been avoiding calling the different people that are housing the tortoises for me. I have been avoiding checking on them because if something is wrong I am very limited in what I can do. In addition, these people are trusted keepers that are doing me a favor and probably won't appreciate me asking for this past weeks diet, temps, humidity and overal health. The dilemma is I am dying to hear how they are doing but do not think I would be able to not ask a million questions and if something sounded strange to me I can't bring them home. So I guess my question is what would you do? Call or not call?

Kerryann

5 Year Member
West Bloomfield MI
sibi said:
My feeling exactly. That was when there were real skills in workmanship. Not today since everything is made in China now. Cheap quality, poor workmanship, and outright "don't give a hoot" attitude about making things for American consumption. They don't even care if they poison our children with the products they make. I can go on and on, but, in the end, it's the greedy Executives of these multimillion dollar companies that went for cheaper labor that's at fault.
Okay, that's enough of that. So, Kerryann, I read all is going well with work. What are you doing for entertainment lately? Did you check out the website I gave to Yvonne for the photo of me and the Bit-Wizards group who went to the play/ballet? It was www.facebook.com/bitwizards

Kerryann said:
sibi said:
Thalatte said:

I am gonna go check that out now. I am spending most of this weekend monitoring for the client to make him happy once again.

Your hair looks longer than it did in the Israel trip. You guys look so happy :)

Cowboy_Ken

10 Year Member!
Kingman, Arizona
You guys all fancy using The Facebook and all.

Pulled in over $2000.00 today at the garage sale. Two more days to go...I think it means things were priced too low. But moving the stuff was the objective and that has been good.

Kerryann

5 Year Member
West Bloomfield MI
Erin I'd call but yes you have to be diplomatic. You will drive yourself crazy if you don't.
Ken.. How much stuff do you have to sell. That's good money.

sibi

10 Year Member!
Florida, USA
How are the gravy bowls going? Have they all sold out?
Cowboy_Ken said:
You guys all fancy using The Facebook and all.

Pulled in over $2000.00 today at the garage sale. Two more days to go...I think it means things were priced too low. But moving the stuff was the objective and that has been good.

Cowboy_Ken

10 Year Member!
Kingman, Arizona
sibi said:

That was the crazy part. People weren't buying them. I thought for sure they'd all go fast but nope. $2.00 each and the counter still has in the neighborhood of twenty left. Although that Wedgwood piece you like went in the first five I think.

sibi

10 Year Member!
Florida, USA
Yeap. The picture came out terrible and out of focus. I took better pics on skydive. If you want to see those, along with some of the art work we saw before the play, just let me know and I'll give you the link. But, yes, the hair is longer, although, not for long. I'm waiting until it get's to a certain length, and then I'll get the hair cut just the way I want it. I'm also letting the silver gray grow out. It actually looks great with the blonde so that it looks like I get highlights in. My friend says it looks platinum white. Unfortunately, I'm the shortest and fattest of the group. I'm working on the weight part though. Can't do anything about the height :(
Kerryann said:
sibi said:

Kerryann said:
sibi said:
Thalatte said:

I am gonna go check that out now. I am spending most of this weekend monitoring for the client to make him happy once again.

Your hair looks longer than it did in the Israel trip. You guys look so happy :)

Figures. I also like the back row, right side, also blueish. Is that sold? Heck, if I were there, I'd take them all, whatever is left at $2 a piece. Shoot, I would have bought up half the stuff there. Too bad.

Cowboy_Ken said:
sibi said:

That was the crazy part. People weren't buying them. I thought for sure they'd all go fast but nope. $2.00 each and the counter still has in the neighborhood of twenty left. Although that Wedgwood piece you like went in the first five I think.

I'm gonna have to call it a night guys. I'm exhausted and need to be up tomorrow early for a company football game. Speak to you all tomorrow.

Cowboy_Ken

10 Year Member!
Kingman, Arizona
Sibi, if you want gravy boats I'll see what's left and pm you in the morning. I'd be happy to set them aside for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.