Not open for further replies.

AZtortMom

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Sunny AZ
Thalatte said:
I just want 2.5 inches so I can reach 5'1" that way I don't have to hem clothes labeled petite and I can wear above the knee boots without looking like I lost my legs.

:D I always have to go and have things let out , so I don't look like the flood is coming o_O the problems we have to stay pretty :D

Jacqui said:
Kerryann said:
What is a gravy bowl? Now I am interested. :D

It's what you put the gravy into to serve it. Some of them almost remind me of an Aladdin's lamp only shorter and fatter. :D

I don't mind being short, after all dynomite comes in little packages. :p :D Plus I rarely have to worry about ducking, so I won't hit my head. :D

LOL! love it! :D

sibi

10 Year Member!
Florida, USA
I have to admit, I never had my head hit the cabinet. My hubby, on the other hand, had smacked his head real hard on time; and I always get blamed for opening the cabinet door while I was putting dishes away. Go figure.
Chainsawkitten said:
Thalatte said:
I just want 2.5 inches so I can reach 5'1" that way I don't have to hem clothes labeled petite and I can wear above the knee boots without looking like I lost my legs.

:D I always have to go and have things let out , so I don't look like the flood is coming o_O the problems we have to stay pretty :D

Jacqui said:
Kerryann said:
What is a gravy bowl? Now I am interested. :D

It's what you put the gravy into to serve it. Some of them almost remind me of an Aladdin's lamp only shorter and fatter. :D

I don't mind being short, after all dynomite comes in little packages. :p :D Plus I rarely have to worry about ducking, so I won't hit my head. :D

Thalatte

5 Year Member
I haven't hit my head but I do get out in lockers and cabinets and other small places or if in the way I have had people pick me up by the shoulders and put my ontop of tall things so I don't get "run over". Really it's because they have fun teasing me.

Kerryann

5 Year Member
West Bloomfield MI
Chainsawkitten said:

I have it weird for length I'm five six and a half and sometimes pants are too long and sometimes too short

Thalatte

5 Year Member
Oh and I feel like most of the people that hit on me are pedophiles...
This is the downside of being short.

theelectraco

5 Year Member
Sometimes I forgot how nice it is being tall until I see my coworkers have to get a stool to get stuff off the top shelf at work that I can easily reach >.<

CtTortoiseMom

5 Year Member
CT
Thalatte said:
Oh and I feel like most of the people that hit on me are pedophiles...
This is the downside of being short.

Haha! I totally get that! I am 5'3 and the only thing that stinks is I never got to wear capri's because they look like pants on me. I always have to get pants that are labeled "short" or "petite" and most stores only carrie regular or long. I hate getting my jeans hemmed because it never looks right. Also all the jeans my friends where like 7 for all man kind & true religion have a 34 inseam, I even have to role up my skinny jeans at the bottom. I really only wear American Eagle jeggings and boy field jeans in short because they are perfect length.

Thalatte

5 Year Member
I like American eagle but even their short length is too long. Aeropostale is really the only place that has pants that are short enough for me but they are sooo expensive!

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
I don't mind wearing pants that say "petite", because that sounds like they are implying I am thin and beautiful. :D

theelectraco said:
Sometimes I forgot how nice it is being tall until I see my coworkers have to get a stool to get stuff off the top shelf at work that I can easily reach >.<

Instead of a stool, it allows me to flirt and ask some cute guy if he can reach something for me. :cool: Hey, ya gotta learn to work with what you have. :D

CtTortoiseMom

5 Year Member
CT
Thalatte said:
I like American eagle but even their short length is too long. Aeropostale is really the only place that has pants that are short enough for me but they are sooo expensive!

I can't shop at Aeropostale because that is where my daughter shops! She just made it into 00's there and shr doesn't like that I even shop at American Eagle!

Thalatte

5 Year Member
Yeah since my sister got into motorcross and all the motor cross brands like fox my mother has started wearing all the brands as well so she can be "cool" and it ticks me off that I dress older than my mother. But I guess it's better than her dressing like a biker again.

CtTortoiseMom

5 Year Member
CT
Thalatte said:
Yeah since my sister got into motorcross and all the motor cross brands like fox my mother has started wearing all the brands as well so she can be "cool" and it ticks me off that I dress older than my mother. But I guess it's better than her dressing like a biker again.

Yah, I would die if anyone thought I was trying to dress like a teen! I just found yoga pants that say "short" and really ate at JJill. I was so excited!! I hot a black yoga skirt there too. Jcrews shorts run small so you might be able to wear them.

Thalatte

5 Year Member
I only buy pants at Aeropostale and American eagle as they are the only ones that come close to fitting otherwise I shop at target and Marshall's.

theelectraco

5 Year Member
Thalatte said:
I only buy pants at Aeropostale and American eagle as they are the only ones that come close to fitting otherwise I shop at target and Marshall's.

I love Marshall's! Best place to get nice clothes for a decent price

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
I only wear sweats, and my preferred brand is Hanes, which you can buy either at Walmart or K-Mart! Of course in the summer, I wear shorts. I generally buy them (when I need them) through catalogs. When you're a hermit, you usually don't have to worry about "dressing" to go out.

Thalatte

5 Year Member
emysemys said:
I only wear sweats, and my preferred brand is Hanes, which you can buy either at Walmart or K-Mart! Of course in the summer, I wear shorts. I generally buy them (when I need them) through catalogs. When you're a hermit, you usually don't have to worry about "dressing" to go out.

Or when your a nanny! My work uniform is yoga pants and tshirts! Year round!
But now I have to get back into wearing business suits and scrubs...

Kerryann

5 Year Member
West Bloomfield MI
Jacqui said:
I don't mind wearing pants that say "petite", because that sounds like they are implying I am thin and beautiful. :D

Instead of a stool, it allows me to flirt and ask some cute guy if he can reach something for me. :cool: Hey, ya gotta learn to work with what you have. :D

That's my style too ;)
I have a girl who works for me that alters my clothes. I always need the butt and hips taken in misses sizes.
I do roll my bottoms on my skinnies because it looks cute with flats and you can't see it with jeans.
Ken is glad he's busy today with all the fashion talk.
Oddly enough I'm the tallest girl my hub ever dated. His exes were always short but he said my hair made up for my height ;)

theelectraco said:
I love Marshall's! Best place to get nice clothes for a decent price

Me too tjmaxx, marshalls, and loehmanns are my go to. My girlfriends always laugh because I will have something cute and be like I got it for $5 on clearance. I love bargains.

Jacqui said:
I shop at WalMart... :rolleyes:

I get some cute stuff at Walmart. I get so many compliments on the shirt I'm wearing today and I got it at Walmart on clearance for $2

CtTortoiseMom

5 Year Member
CT
I like TJ Maxx & Marshals but my fave is Nordstrom Rack! I get all of my shoes and sunglasses there and always find cute stuff for the kids there too. Okay, enough stalling I have to pack up the kitchen & run the boxes to the storage unit. Byeeee!

Thalatte

5 Year Member
Finally have a day off and I am just watching my sister clean her house will I let puppies!
It's so nice to relax while someone else works!

Status
Not open for further replies.