Tortoise table for sulcata tortoise

Tharvey333

Location (City and/or State)
Edmond
Hello, I have a sulcata that is about a year and half old. I’m needing to build a tortoise table for him in my garage for winter. What is an appropriate size? Does anyone have plans with photos and list of lumber with measurements? I need to build something this month before temps start dropping outside. Any help is appreciated.
Thank you
Travis

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
At that age he is too big for a table. At least he should be.
If he is the size he should be, he would need the size of the garage.
Post pics of him and give size.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Hello, I have a sulcata that is about a year and half old. I’m needing to build a tortoise table for him in my garage for winter. What is an appropriate size? Does anyone have plans with photos and list of lumber with measurements? I need to build something this month before temps start dropping outside. Any help is appreciated.
Thank you
Travis
Its impossible to maintain the correct temperature and humidity for a sulcata in an open table unless the whole garage will be kept 80-90 degrees all winter and 80+% humidity. Build a large closed chamber. Go at least 4x8 feet and that will last until the tortoise is 8-10 inches.

Tharvey333

Edmond
He’s been outside all summer but I feel it gets to cold here in the fall and winter to only have a enclosed house for him. I was thinking a 4x8, any plans for a nice closed enclosure? I’m not sure how to navigate colder temps in oklahoma as he’s getting bigger.