Unboxing Flynn!

Status
Not open for further replies.

dangermouth

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Northeast Texas
So, the friendly FedEx guy (who looks a little like Bruce Campbell, yum!) brought me a package today...

8119346840_294824efb8_z.jpg

Nondescript, but I assure you, it has air holes in the side of the box.

8119346770_1659d919f1_z.jpg

Hmm. There's SOMETHING in there. Surrounded by an improbable amount of poop :(

8119346692_b0cd1a9549_z.jpg

Tiny tortoise??

8119334249_cd33c6413e_z.jpg

8119334201_4cf3d55dea_z.jpg

Tiny, blurry, angry tortoise!

8119346476_19254f35bd_z.jpg

That handsome little devil enjoying his fresh salad is Flynn, a juvenile Iberian Greek tortoise. Hopefully he'll be around for at least the vast majority of the rest of my life.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Very cute. I hope you gave him a nice long warm soak ASAP. Also, the wood chips, if they are cedar, get rid of them, poison. Replace with coconut coir, cypress mulch or plain pesticide and fertilizer free dirt.

dangermouth

5 Year Member
Northeast Texas
Nope, they're aspen. I plan to have something a little nicer when I get his table built, but it'll do for now. As for today's plans, the goal is to get at least a good couple hours out in the sunny grassy yard, then a soak.

dangermouth

5 Year Member
Northeast Texas
He's soaking in some nice lukewarm filtered water right now, after chowing down in the front yard :)

Little guy can motor, too!

LuckysGirl007

5 Year Member
Surprise, AZ
Very cute. I can't believe you took the time to take pics! I wouldn't be able to stand it! I would have to rip it open like a little girl on Christmas morning!!!

dangermouth

5 Year Member
Northeast Texas
LuckysGirl007 said:
Very cute. I can't believe you took the time to take pics! I wouldn't be able to stand it! I would have to rip it open like a little girl on Christmas morning!!!

I may or may not have ripped open the box, and then said "Oh crap! People love unboxing threads, right?" and put everything back together. I have issues.

shellysmom

10 Year Member!
dangermouth said:
LuckysGirl007 said:

I may or may not have ripped open the box, and then said "Oh crap! People love unboxing threads, right?" and put everything back together. I have issues.

Hahahaha.... Flynn is super cute! That's a great name, by the way. And it sounds like your FedEx guy is way more handsome than mine. ;)

Mjdeisher

5 Year Member
Congrats on the baby! Yay for a safe delivery! Iberas are the greatest...I may be biased though! Mine devours dandelions, they are his favorite!

Status
Not open for further replies.