COLD DARK ROOM

Moozillion

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Louisiana, USA
Merry Christmas, Bea! :<3:
When my grandmother was a naughty girl, she'd only get Satsuma peel and ashes in her stocking.
Though she reckoned it was when her parents had no money. :(
In my brother-in-law's family, you got a potato in your stocking if you'd been bad. Once, when my nephew was just a little one: learning to talk fairly well but still babbling in baby-talk a bit, he got really mad at his father. He burst out with a stream of incoherent toddler babble, but ended with an EMPHATIC "tatoe!!!!" Obviously wishing the WORST (to a toddler) on his father!!! :D
What's even cuter is that it was nowhere near Christmas at the time!!!

Tidgy's Dad

5 Year Member
Fes, Morocco
In my brother-in-law's family, you got a potato in your stocking if you'd been bad. Once, when my nephew was just a little one: learning to talk fairly well but still babbling in baby-talk a bit, he got really mad at his father. He burst out with a stream of incoherent toddler babble, but ended with an EMPHATIC "tatoe!!!!" Obviously wishing the WORST (to a toddler) on his father!!! :D
What's even cuter is that it was nowhere near Christmas at the time!!!
Well, wifey gets a potato because she's been good.:)
Merry Christmas! :<3:

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
Merry Christmas Friends all over the world!
Nadolig Llawen Pawb!

Hope everyone is well and having a good day with your families.
I've still got laptop troubles but my nephew is here for lunch and brought his with him.
So while he's watching tv and I'm waiting for the lunch to cook I have control!!!! ah ha hah hah!!
Very quiet day here Lola took one look at me preparing lunch and took cover back in his hide!
Lunch is an hour later than planned - if we get it at all - there's still plenty of time for it all to go horribly wrong!!

Anyway I'll try to get back on later but have to go and slave over a hot stove and popty ping now.
So see you soon.
Xmas love to all X

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Kent, South East England
Nadolig Llawen Pawb!

I've still got laptop troubles but my nephew is here for lunch and brought his with him.
So while he's watching tv and I'm waiting for the lunch to cook I have control!!!! ah ha hah hah!!
Very quiet day here Lola took one look at me preparing lunch and took cover back in his hide!
Lunch is an hour later than planned - if we get it at all - there's still plenty of time for it all to go horribly wrong!!

Anyway I'll try to get back on later but have to go and slave over a hot stove and popty ping now.
So see you soon.
Xmas love to all X
ImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1482678133.835974.jpg
Merry Christmas @Lyn W

So glad you and Lola had chance to pop in and see us this festive season. We miss you. I hope the new popty ping holds up to Christmas day.

Our turkey is about an hour from being ready for the table
ImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1482678259.246877.jpg

We're watching the Jungle Book (new film rather than trad cartoon) on tv while it finishes.

Hope you're having a great festive day :)

Tidgy's Dad

5 Year Member
Fes, Morocco
Nadolig Llawen Pawb!

So see you soon.
Xmas love to all X
Bless you, Lyn. :<3:
A jolly merry Christmas to you and lots of love to you and your nephew.
Have a great hols and hope to see you back in action, soon.:)
Greatly missed here.
Love to Lola and your lunch too.

johnandjade

5 Year Member
scotland
not long awake, i've been ill again :(. missed out on going to jades mums :(
no christmas dinner for me :( wish santa could bring me a new stomach!

glad to see everyone is having a great day :). jade got me lots of goodies!! will share pictures when i can move from my bucket:(

Tidgy's Dad

5 Year Member
Fes, Morocco

glad to see everyone is having a great day :). jade got me lots of goodies!! will share pictures when i can move from my bucket:(
So sorry, John.:(
My best thoughts are with you.:<3:
Merry Christmas, and don't forget there are people who love you and thinking about you all over the world.
I can't offer you a Christmas dinner right now.
But will arrange for one in Spain in January.:)

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
South Eastern Florida (U.S.A.)/Rock Hill S.C.
We've all posted now, except for Ed, who hasn't got his yet. :(
It'll be there soon, though, no worries.:)
I have no Wyfi and no more media on my phone.
So I'm paying through the nose for this.
Merry Christmas and/or Happy Holidays to all.
I'll be back when I can.
I got your card, Adam on Christmas eve.
Thanks.
Ed

AZtortMom

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Sunny AZ

Oh honey!
I hope you feel better:(

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Merry Christmas, everyone!

I went over to my daughter's house at zero dark thirty, but the great grandkids were still asleep. We sat around and visited for a half hour or so then woke the kids up. They're still be bit too young to realize about Santa, etc. but once they woke up they got right down to business, ripping off paper and looking for the next present.

I stayed until the last present was toast, then I came home. After all the hubbub at my daughter's house, coming home to a cold, quiet house seemed a bit . . . well, not really sad, but maybe anticlimactic? Misty was very welcoming, and once I got the fire going in the woodstove, it was more comfortable and inviting. And now there's all of you! I'm surprised to see so many members online today.