COLD DARK ROOM

Tidgy's Dad

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Fes, Morocco
Merry Christmas, everyone!

I went over to my daughter's house at zero dark thirty, but the great grandkids were still asleep. We sat around and visited for a half hour or so then woke the kids up. They're still be bit too young to realize about Santa, etc. but once they woke up they got right down to business, ripping off paper and looking for the next present.

I stayed until the last present was toast, then I came home. After all the hubbub at my daughter's house, coming home to a cold, quiet house seemed a bit . . . well, not really sad, but maybe anticlimactic? Misty was very welcoming, and once I got the fire going in the woodstove, it was more comfortable and inviting. And now there's all of you! I'm surprised to see so many members online today.
Family, here Yvonne, we'll take a little time to wish each other well.
And you're a part of it now, so MERRY CHRISTMAS, my friend.
I am so glad that Misty seems to be recovering.:)
Have a great day, the people here will be wishing you well.

Tidgy's Dad

5 Year Member
Fes, Morocco
finally feeling a bit better its 1700, have managed to have half a tin of baked beans! honestly! now the battle begins:/

glad to see everyone is having a great day:) love to all
Look after yourself , matey.
Try to have a bit of fun and I hope you feel better soon..
Christmas lasts for 3 weeks for me, so you've got time.:)
Love you, man.:<3:

Moozillion

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Louisiana, USA
The prezzies are all opened :) and we just finished our traditional Christmas breakfast: German pancake topped with fruit (hubby adds a big dusting of powdered sugar to his) and serving of bacon. Can a nap be far behind? ;)

IMG_4539.JPG

Tidgy's Dad

5 Year Member
Fes, Morocco
The prezzies are all opened :) and we just finished our traditional Christmas breakfast: German pancake topped with fruit (hubby adds a big dusting of powdered sugar to his) and serving of bacon. Can a nap be far behind? ;)

View attachment 195644
Looks yummy.:)
Merry Christmas (again probably), Bea.:<3:
Can't nap.
Gotta peel potatoes (shouldn't have bought so many) onions and sprouts, cut the sprout tops, make some stuffing (which takes an hour and a half) and wrap some pigs in blankets. (it's a bit chilly, but they really shouldn't worry, we'll eat them in a bit) .
Wifey is massively hung over , so may have to do a bit more than my share, this time.
Which is fine. :)

Moozillion

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Louisiana, USA
Merry Christmas Friends all over the world!
Nadolig Llawen Pawb!

Hope everyone is well and having a good day with your families.
I've still got laptop troubles but my nephew is here for lunch and brought his with him.
So while he's watching tv and I'm waiting for the lunch to cook I have control!!!! ah ha hah hah!!
Very quiet day here Lola took one look at me preparing lunch and took cover back in his hide!
Lunch is an hour later than planned - if we get it at all - there's still plenty of time for it all to go horribly wrong!!

Anyway I'll try to get back on later but have to go and slave over a hot stove and popty ping now.
So see you soon.
Xmas love to all X
MERRY CHRISTMAS, LYN!!!:)

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
finally feeling a bit better its 1700, have managed to have half a tin of baked beans! honestly! now the battle begins:/

glad to see everyone is having a great day:) love to all

If I were just trying to handle an iffy stomach, I don't think my first choice of food would have been baked beans. Not fun being sick on a holiday. Hope you're feeling better soon. One way to look at it - at least you're not missing work. :D

Momof4

10 Year Member!
San Diego
Merry Christmas, everyone!

I went over to my daughter's house at zero dark thirty, but the great grandkids were still asleep. We sat around and visited for a half hour or so then woke the kids up. They're still be bit too young to realize about Santa, etc. but once they woke up they got right down to business, ripping off paper and looking for the next present.

I stayed until the last present was toast, then I came home. After all the hubbub at my daughter's house, coming home to a cold, quiet house seemed a bit . . . well, not really sad, but maybe anticlimactic? Misty was very welcoming, and once I got the fire going in the woodstove, it was more comfortable and inviting. And now there's all of you! I'm surprised to see so many members online today.

I'm so glad you went!! It is Christmas after all.

AZtortMom

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Sunny AZ
Merry Christmas Cold Dark Room!!
Finished round one and now waiting for my grand baby. I can't wait to see him open gifts this year.

Made a delicious French toast bake!! First time with this recipe.
View attachment 195658
Yummy! Can you pm me the recipe?

Tidgy's Dad

5 Year Member
Fes, Morocco
@johnandjade I do hope you're feeling better soon. That's miserable at Christmas. :(

We've finished our dinner and are heading for blobbing out in front of the tv
We eat dinner late, so not yet.
But TV is wifey's Christmas feel good stuff and my Doctor Who.
Hopefully I'll get the chance to watch the new animated reconstruction of the first Patrick Troughton story, "The Power of the Daleks" later. :<3:
But "White Christmas" and things for now.:)