COLD DARK ROOM

EllieMay

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
East Texas
Good evening all. It’s 11pm here are we’re just back from a jazz concert. American musician Curtis Stigers was performing in our town... someone reasonably famous in Tonbridge for the first time ever!

I’ve caught up, but must turn in for the night now.

The clocks go back an hour for us tonight so, in theory, we get a lie in tomorrow.

View attachment 255392

Ours is November 4th.. how odd that the dates are different. Night night Linda

Kristoff

5 Year Member
Ottawa, Ontario
I survived Tivoli, but only just.

Here’s a view of the Copenhagen city council building from the gardens:

IMG_1540715038.605845.jpg

Tivoli Gardens (or simply Tivoli) is an amusement park and pleasure garden in Copenhagen, Denmark. The park opened on 15 August 1843 and is the second-oldest operating amusement park in the world, after Dyrehavsbakken in nearby Klampenborg, also in Denmark.

It is the second-most popular seasonal amusement park in the world, and the fifth most-visited theme park in Europe, behind Disneyland Park, Europa-Park, Walt Disney Studios Park and Efteling. (From Wikipedia)

Halloween season is on now. Then they’ll take a break to set up for Christmas season. Tivoli is in hiatus in winter, with the exception of two weeks for school winter holidays.

IMG_1540715516.356791.jpg

IMG_8166.jpg

One of the rides we took was a Flying Trunk through H.C. Andersen’s fairytales. You could do the ride in Danish or English.

4D9356E2-3563-4729-A948-B3A773B366C5.jpg

That’s it from me before we have to go to today’s kiddie party. [emoji85] I’ll catch up with you all later.

CarolM

South Africa - Cape Town

CarolM

South Africa - Cape Town
Good morning all. In an instant the hail has passed and the sun emerged. It’s still only 3C [emoji300]️ Brrrrrrr!

JoesDad and I are heading up to London for a “Hidden London” tour of Euston Tunnels - a long disused part of the Underground network
In other words you are off on your adventures again. Enjoy it.

CarolM

South Africa - Cape Town

View attachment 255407

Tivoli Gardens (or simply Tivoli) is an amusement park and pleasure garden in Copenhagen, Denmark. The park opened on 15 August 1843 and is the second-oldest operating amusement park in the world, after Dyrehavsbakken in nearby Klampenborg, also in Denmark.

It is the second-most popular seasonal amusement park in the world, and the fifth most-visited theme park in Europe, behind Disneyland Park, Europa-Park, Walt Disney Studios Park and Efteling. (From Wikipedia)

Halloween season is on now. Then they’ll take a break to set up for Christmas season. Tivoli is in hiatus in winter, with the exception of two weeks for school winter holidays.

View attachment 255408

View attachment 255409

One of the rides we took was a Flying Trunk through H.C. Andersen’s fairytales. You could do the ride in Danish or English.

View attachment 255410

That’s it from me before we have to go to today’s kiddie party. [emoji85] I’ll catch up with you all later.
What a busy day. Good luck with the kiddies party. If it was me I would be hiding away in that big pumpkin house.

EllieMay

5 Year Member
East Texas

View attachment 255407

View attachment 255408

View attachment 255409

View attachment 255410

That is by far the coolest pumpkin patch I’ve ever seen. And I would have picked Hans Christian as well... how Neat!!!

EllieMay

5 Year Member
East Texas
You look gorgeous. And have a very good looking family.

Thank you Carol.. they represent me well. It’s hard watching my daughter change so fast now ... I’m a wonderful mother of children but i struggle with the balance of parenting and friendship at her age. I don’t want to let go of my baby!!!

EllieMay

5 Year Member
East Texas
Good Morning All
Today is Stephens birthday so we have spent the morning out with the family.
And my hibiscus tree seems to be recovering. So hold thumbs it carries on doing well.
Enjoy your Sundays.View attachment 255413

Happy Birthday Stephen!!! Enjoy the outing with family ;-)

EllieMay

5 Year Member
East Texas
Good morning all! Most of you are well into your day but it’s only 7:35 am here. It’s still pretty late for me to be lazing around though. I’m going to enjoy a book for a little while and then go to church. Back home to spend the remainder of a beautiful day outside . Think my dads coming for a visit as well.. yay!!! Read y’all later & hope every one enjoys their day.

CarolM

South Africa - Cape Town
Good morning all! Most of you are well into your day but it’s only 7:35 am here. It’s still pretty late for me to be lazing around though. I’m going to enjoy a book for a little while and then go to church. Back home to spend the remainder of a beautiful day outside . Think my dads coming for a visit as well.. yay!!! Read y’all later & hope every one enjoys their day.
Have a good one.

Bee62

Germany

Bee62

Germany

View attachment 255407

View attachment 255408

View attachment 255409

View attachment 255410

Looks cold there too ! I love the little pumpkin house with all the pumpkins around !