COLD DARK ROOM

Bee62

Location (City and/or State)
Germany
Good Morning All
Today is Stephens birthday so we have spent the morning out with the family.
And my hibiscus tree seems to be recovering. So hold thumbs it carries on doing well.
Enjoy your Sundays.View attachment 255413
Enjoy too Carol and Happy Birthday to Stephen. I wish you all a very nice day.

Bee62

Germany
Good morning all! Most of you are well into your day but it’s only 7:35 am here. It’s still pretty late for me to be lazing around though. I’m going to enjoy a book for a little while and then go to church. Back home to spend the remainder of a beautiful day outside . Think my dads coming for a visit as well.. yay!!! Read y’all later & hope every one enjoys their day.
Have a beautiful day with your daddy.

Bee62

Germany
Thank you Carol.. they represent me well. It’s hard watching my daughter change so fast now ... I’m a wonderful mother of children but i struggle with the balance of parenting and friendship at her age. I don’t want to let go of my baby!!!
Your daughter looks a lot like you. Soon she will be a good "girlfriend" for you. This mother / daughter relationship is so wonderful. I had it with my mother and I am still missing that and missing my mother so much.

EllieMay

5 Year Member
East Texas
Your daughter looks a lot like you. Soon she will be a good "girlfriend" for you. This mother / daughter relationship is so wonderful. I had it with my mother and I am still missing that and missing my mother so much.

I understand! I’m sure you have many warm memories that honor her!

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Kent, South East England
Here in London, the weather has dried out and warmed up a tidge.

Our tour was of disused tunnels in the underground train system below Euston station.

It was fascinating historically as these Hidden London tours have proved to be.

The old tunnels include a ticket office deep underground as the various lines belonged to separate companies 100 years ago. And the posters on the wall are a 1960s time capsule.

IMG_8679.jpg
IMG_8683.jpg
IMG_8694.jpgIMG_8702.jpg
IMG_8697.jpg

The live trains running on the Victoria line
IMG_8704.jpg

Momof4

10 Year Member!
San Diego

Momof4

10 Year Member!
San Diego
I survived Tivoli, but only just.

Here’s a view of the Copenhagen city council building from the gardens:

View attachment 255407

Tivoli Gardens (or simply Tivoli) is an amusement park and pleasure garden in Copenhagen, Denmark. The park opened on 15 August 1843 and is the second-oldest operating amusement park in the world, after Dyrehavsbakken in nearby Klampenborg, also in Denmark.

It is the second-most popular seasonal amusement park in the world, and the fifth most-visited theme park in Europe, behind Disneyland Park, Europa-Park, Walt Disney Studios Park and Efteling. (From Wikipedia)

Halloween season is on now. Then they’ll take a break to set up for Christmas season. Tivoli is in hiatus in winter, with the exception of two weeks for school winter holidays.

View attachment 255408

View attachment 255409

One of the rides we took was a Flying Trunk through H.C. Andersen’s fairytales. You could do the ride in Danish or English.

View attachment 255410

That’s it from me before we have to go to today’s kiddie party. [emoji85] I’ll catch up with you all later.

What a fun day!!
Great pics!!

CarolM

South Africa - Cape Town
Thank you Carol.. they represent me well. It’s hard watching my daughter change so fast now ... I’m a wonderful mother of children but i struggle with the balance of parenting and friendship at her age. I don’t want to let go of my baby!!!
I think we all have that problem when it comes to our older kids.

CarolM

South Africa - Cape Town

Our tour was of disused tunnels in the underground train system below Euston station.

The old tunnels include a ticket office deep underground as the various lines belonged to separate companies 100 years ago. And the posters on the wall are a 1960s time capsule.

View attachment 255427
View attachment 255428
View attachment 255429View attachment 255430
View attachment 255431

View attachment 255432
The tunnels look awesome.

Maro2Bear

10 Year Member!
Glenn Dale, Maryland, USA
Good morning all! Most of you are well into your day but it’s only 7:35 am here. It’s still pretty late me to be lazing around though. I’m going to enjoy a book for a little while and then go to church. Back home to spend the remainder of a beautiful day outside . Think my dads coming for a visit as well.. yay!!! Read y’all later & hope every one enjoy
We have 25 calendar contest entries. I've just posted the complete list here:

https://tortoiseforum.org/threads/if-you-submitted-a-picture-for-the-contest-check-here.170582/

Yes.. Gooooooo Team C D R !

Bee62

Germany

View attachment 255427
View attachment 255428
View attachment 255429View attachment 255430
View attachment 255431

View attachment 255432
Interesting views and pics. Looks like a journey to the past with all these old posters. I think it is a little adventure to walk through these tunnels.