COLD DARK ROOM

Bee62

Location (City and/or State)
Germany
Don't talk too much about missing socks in the CDR. The wool spider, if she exists, will use it as an excuse to knit even more!

I wonder if we could persuade her on to Christmas jumpers?... Maybe not this side of Halloween, but afterwards?
We should really try that the wool spider ( if she exist ) will cooperate with us. She could knit useful things like bags
hqdefault.jpg

or funny animals
22853955847-1-480x480.jpg

EllieMay

5 Year Member
East Texas
It was cool and FREEZING! A beautiful place, but VERY expensive, and the season for a LONG outdoor party (5 hours!) wasn’t the best.

All of the good stuff is way overpriced!! Ughh... and I’m a little down on the weather as well.. we are showing storms for halloween[emoji35] I’m glad you got that kiddie event behind you and I’ll offer silent support from my corner of the world as you plan the next one [emoji23]

EllieMay

5 Year Member
East Texas
It’s thanks to your parenting if she’s ready to leave the nest more and more now. Soon she’ll have the whole big world to explore. But she’ll always have you, and you’ll always have her, even if sometimes she would be too overwhelmed with the rest of her life. You’ve got it, Mama! [emoji173]️

Stop it!! You’ve brought tears to my eyes.. dang emotions [emoji68]‍[emoji66]

EllieMay

5 Year Member
East Texas
Good morning all. It’s still flipping cold here, but the sun is out. Looking at the weather forecast yesterday it seems that things are probably going to be colder and whiter for Lena and Sabine this week than here

Good morning Linda! Thank you for taking us along on the hidden tour! Love the pics! Hope you have a fabulous week:)

EllieMay

5 Year Member
East Texas
Yep - our local International Mart has fresh dandelion all year long. I have read that such market dandelion is really “Chickory” - but regardless, the greens are nice. And chickory per wiki, is part of the dandelion family.

Now I’m going to look a little harder here!

Maro2Bear

10 Year Member!
Glenn Dale, Maryland, USA
Here too ( chicory coffee )
I feed my torts every day belgium endive. We call it chicory
View attachment 255495

Yes...apparently there are a few varieties of chicory.. ( https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chicory )

Chicory may be cultivated for its leaves, usually eaten raw as salad leaves. Cultivated chicory is generally divided into three types, of which there are many varieties:
  • Radicchio usually has variegated red or red and green leaves. Some only refer to the white-veined red-leaved type as radicchio, also known as red endive and red chicory.
  • Sugarloaf looks rather like cos lettuce, with tightly packed leaves.
  • Belgian endive is known in Dutch as witloof or witlof ("white leaf"), endive or (very rarely) witloof in the United States, indivia in Italy, endivias in Spain, chicory in the UK, as witlof in Australia, endive in France, and chicon in parts of northern France, in Wallonia and (in French) in Luxembourg. It has a small head of cream-coloured, bitter leaves.

• Catalogna chicory (Cichorium intybus var. foliosum), also known as puntarelle, includes a whole subfamily (some varieties from Belgian endive and some from radicchio) of chicory and used throughout Italy.

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Kent, South East England
Stop it!! You’ve brought tears to my eyes.. dang emotions [emoji68]‍[emoji66]

I agree with Lena. You got it :)

My eldest has wandered the world since leaving school. She’s volunteered on conservation projects in South Africa, Tanzania and Canada. She’s travelled in Europe and the USA. The only surprise is that she got a job in the UK.

Son isn’t quite as bad for the travels. They both went off to universities hundreds of miles away and now work well away from home.

They keep in touch and come home regularly (admittedly more as somewhere to stop while they do something else [emoji849])

However, I kind of feel we did our job. We reared them to be confident and independent and I am never going to guilt trip them into feeling they owe us and must constantly pander to us... our kids come back to the nest because they know they’re always welcome and because they want to. JoesDad’s parents are a good example of how not to do it; as JoesDad and his brother regularly admit.

It is hard to see them go. Of course I miss them. But I was never one of those parents sobbing as they went off on a school trip or pining for them while they were at university.

I want them to be happy in their lives and to happily include us. It looks like you’re doing the same :)

EllieMay

5 Year Member
East Texas
I agree with Lena. You got it :)

My eldest has wandered the world since leaving school. She’s volunteered on conservation projects in South Africa, Tanzania and Canada. She’s travelled in Europe and the USA. The only surprise is that she got a job in the UK.

Son isn’t quite as bad for the travels. They both went off to universities hundreds of miles away and now work well away from home.

They keep in touch and come home regularly (admittedly more as somewhere to stop while they do something else [emoji849])

However, I kind of feel we did our job. We reared them to be confident and independent and I am never going to guilt trip them into feeling they owe us and must constantly pander to us... our kids come back to the nest because they know they’re always welcome and because they want to. JoesDad’s parents are a good example of how not to do it; as JoesDad and his brother regularly admit.

It is hard to see them go. Of course I miss them. But I was never one of those parents sobbing as they went off on a school trip or pining for them while they were at university.

I want them to be happy in their lives and to happily include us. It looks like you’re doing the same :)

THANK YOU LINDA! I have plenty of “what not to do” examples.. I’m trying to let her be her own person.. she’s a good good girl but it’s hard for me not to micro manage!