COLD DARK ROOM

Momof4

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
San Diego
THANK YOU LINDA! I have plenty of “what not to do” examples.. I’m trying to let her be her own person.. she’s a good good girl but it’s hard for me not to micro manage!

My husband is a micro manager and it drives the kids crazy! I try to discreetly let him know if the kid is in the room and then he’ll zip it.

He micro manages me and our older girls too! I guess that’s why and how he owns his own business. [emoji3]

I’m more relaxed but I do get the info I need though.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA

Momof4

10 Year Member!
San Diego
What a neat place! Did he enjoy it?

Yes, I used to take him when he was little but he didn’t remember.

I love all the cute ponds that are incorporated into the train set up. The water plants for sale are in most of them.

It’s all up high so they have a few chairs and benches on the perimeter so the kids can see too.

Pastel Tortie

North Florida
no comment .....:D
Yeah..... um..... I get odd looks the first time I tell people that the ornaments on our tree are "self-loading"... :rolleyes:

And the bows don't go on presents until the very last minute...if then...

Our tree usually looks like a spiral staircase within hours, where a cat has blazed the way to the top.

One of these years, I'm just going to decorate the cat trees instead!

Pastel Tortie

North Florida
I took the little man to our local nursery and they have a really cool train with miniatures all around and little ponds with fish. It’s huge, you can walk around and stop to watch the trains.

View attachment 255525

View attachment 255526

View attachment 255527

View attachment 255528

View attachment 255529
View attachment 255530
Oh, I enjoy miniature railroads! Especially the Garden scale ones. I know G scale isn't uniform, but it looks like so much more fun the play with, and it stands out much better outside.

Somewhere in the back of my mind is a thought that dared to whisper... "Do you think there could be a Turtle scale railroad?"

Pastel Tortie

North Florida
Dunno how much of a greater demand there is.... yes, ppl do purchase as salad greens but it’s just one of a large variety of available greens. Only the greens are sold - nice bundles - but Sully does love the flowers of course.
I don't know if any of you are familiar with Publix or not, but I've seen bundles of dandelion greens, a couple different varieties, I think.

Publix is a grocery store / supermarket chain based in Florida. They don't have a housewares section where you could by linens or towels, they focus on food, and they do it well. For a UK reference, Publix can go toe-to-toe (or head-to-head) with Tesco, any day.

EllieMay

5 Year Member
East Texas
Yeah..... um..... I get odd looks the first time I tell people that the ornaments on our tree are "self-loading"... :rolleyes:

And the bows don't go on presents until the very last minute...if then...

Our tree usually looks like a spiral staircase within hours, where a cat has blazed the way to the top.

One of these years, I'm just going to decorate the cat trees instead!

[emoji23]no shame in that game.. I believe Christmas represents many pages of happiness.. and whatever brings it is to each his own!!!

Pastel Tortie

North Florida
We should really try that the wool spider ( if she exist ) will cooperate with us. She could knit useful things like bags
hqdefault.jpg

or funny animals
22853955847-1-480x480.jpg
I don't knit, but I did eventually take up crochet. I'm mostly self-taught. So I sort of know what to do with yarn and one implement, but I get confused with two...