COLD DARK ROOM

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Lancaster
The Malaysian way is to rub turmeric around it.

Natrah
I used a recipe I found online called Santa Fe Rub. Salt pepper and garlic powder. I'll have to check out tumeric.

Blackdog1714

5 Year Member
Richmond, VA
I've decided to make my brother put his muscles where his mouth is and stick the dang turkey in the oven when I get it ready for baking. As it turns out I'm going to have a full house later. I'll let my son take it out after I play around with it all day.🥴 and suck him into carving too 😁
I use Chef Alton Brown's "Romancing The Bird" recipe- Duke's Mayo with orange zest(fresh) and poultry seasoning. You roast at 500 F for 20 minutes then apply the aluminum foil breast protector and cook at 350 F until done. The mayo is a game changer since it already has the oil and the eggs help crisp the skin. Closest to fried I have found.

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
Good afternoon everyone!

Do you all start to prepare for Xmas now that Thanksgiving is over? Did you all enjoy Thanksgiving?

Natrah
Since I have to start prepping my Christmas cards in July, to have some of them delivered on time by mule, I think of Christmas most of the year anyway 😀 Thanksgiving is a way to fatten up for what's coming.🦃🤗

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
Since I have to start prepping my Christmas cards in July, to have some of them delivered on time by mule, I think of Christmas most of the year anyway 😀 Thanksgiving is a way to fatten up for what's coming.🦃🤗
What sucks is I'm late and 🙏 for a miracle 😭 😊

Chefdenoel10

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
New Jersey
To cheer Cathy up…
Sorry Sally (the big tortoise) slept through the whole thing… 🤦‍♀️
Squirt (the small turtle) enjoyed her first thanksgiving parade but kept her side eye up because she was afraid she might be eaten!
Gary…well… as you can see… he LOVES to see his friends especially his drunk uncle. 😝

Attachments

• IMG_1838.jpeg
    IMG_1838.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 2
  • IMG_1717.png
    IMG_1717.png
    300.8 KB · Views: 1
  • IMG_1702.jpeg
    IMG_1702.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 1
  • IMG_1712.png
    IMG_1712.png
    3.6 MB · Views: 1
  • IMG_1713.png
    IMG_1713.png
    320.6 KB · Views: 1
  • IMG_1715.png
    IMG_1715.png
    2.1 MB · Views: 1
  • IMG_1714.png
    IMG_1714.png
    2.1 MB · Views: 1
  • IMG_1718.png
    IMG_1718.png
    223.1 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_1835.jpeg
    IMG_1835.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 2

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
To cheer Cathy up…
Sorry Sally (the big tortoise) slept through the whole thing… 🤦‍♀️
Squirt (the small turtle) enjoyed her first thanksgiving parade but kept her side eye up because she was afraid she might be eaten!
Gary…well… as you can see… he LOVES to see his friends especially his drunk uncle. 😝
Gary is so cute 🥰 I can't believe he's still hanging out. Did he have a birthday lately? It seems like he's becoming a senior snail 🐌 I forgot to celebrate Razberri s 7th this year I usually celebrate it on beggars night but forgot this year 🥴😊

zolasmum

5 Year Member
Dear Chef - Thank you so very much for the photos - I was just about to go to bed, feeling a bit low -seeing them cheered me up no end ! I shall sleep happily now. I shall sho
Love from Angie xxxw Zola them in the morning - he will be very impressed, I'm sure.

jeff kushner

North of Annapolis
Hmmmm, pet snail watching the Macy's day......hey, is everything ok in Jersey C?
jus checkin

We had a fun Turkey day. Kerry went 2 for 3, and it was ok.....

Perfect turkey

perfect ham

Raw Standing rib roast....Don't worry, we won't show pics of wounded animals- LOL She's bleating in my ear about how she followed the directions, I'm tapping a jiggling roast......LOL

Everyone had fun, a few of us, my two kids that were there and my ex's hubby, Mark who has been on the edge of death for a couple of years went down to the water searching for Eagles(none found all w/e). The dock is 1/4 =1/3rd mile away or so and we took bikes and scooters. Mark took a scooter there, paddling his feet all the way. We got there and after we all got cold we got ready to head back. Mark said he wanted to try a Ebike so I turned it on for him and began to get on a scooter when I heard him yell, I snapped around.............

I SO WISH I could show you guys the picture I saw......Mark (feeble old man) standing there, cane in his left hand, with the ebike in front HIGH above his head held by his right hand on the throttle. "LET GO" I yelled, not wanting him to get hurt. I moved to get off the scoot and block him from the bike as it crashed the the ground.

He had grabbed the handlebar to get on the bike, inadvertently opening the throttle all the way....the bike just took off, and rotated on the axis of his arm...straight up! Undamaged(both of them) we all rode home....but Mark was touch& go on the bike......very weak & wobbly. My Ex was PISSED! I'm not sure if she was mad because I "stretched him"(caused him to overdo in order to save face w/me) or that he did stuff with us but around her, needs constant care.....I dunno but I was glad when she left! I did follow-up yesterday,

It really was a great time but my poor son.....He is fine but his new BMW is no more....he was the first to leave and he, my ex & Mark and my youngest daughter all live in the same direction.....a Chevy pickup pulled out in front of him near his home, causing a tee-bone. His car took the brunt and he called it "totaled". My daughter then pulled up behind the accident scene and her brother told me that she was quite convincing with the Officer, wanting the old man driving the truck, sobriety checked! When she lights up, she gets calm and very dom and there isn't anything in her voice that suggests that you are going to do anything other than what she tells you to do. LOL Cool that she was advocating for her brother...my girls are tough and I called her to tell her I was proud of her. The car will be replaced or repaired.....it's metal, doesn't matter.

Kerry and I took her dad to the train station in Wilmington DE Saturday....he took the accela to NY.......he was home before we were!

Now we're back to Monday, at work!

Enjoy the day guys,

IMG_1990.jpg

MaNaAk

Southend
Hmmmm, pet snail watching the Macy's day......hey, is everything ok in Jersey C?
jus checkin

Perfect turkey

perfect ham

Raw Standing rib roast....Don't worry, we won't show pics of wounded animals- LOL She's bleating in my ear about how she followed the directions, I'm tapping a jiggling roast......LOL

Everyone had fun, a few of us, my two kids that were there and my ex's hubby, Mark who has been on the edge of death for a couple of years went down to the water searching for Eagles(none found all w/e). The dock is 1/4 =1/3rd mile away or so and we took bikes and scooters. Mark took a scooter there, paddling his feet all the way. We got there and after we all got cold we got ready to head back. Mark said he wanted to try a Ebike so I turned it on for him and began to get on a scooter when I heard him yell, I snapped around.............

I SO WISH I could show you guys the picture I saw......Mark (feeble old man) standing there, cane in his left hand, with the ebike in front HIGH above his head held by his right hand on the throttle. "LET GO" I yelled, not wanting him to get hurt. I moved to get off the scoot and block him from the bike as it crashed the the ground.

He had grabbed the handlebar to get on the bike, inadvertently opening the throttle all the way....the bike just took off, and rotated on the axis of his arm...straight up! Undamaged(both of them) we all rode home....but Mark was touch& go on the bike......very weak & wobbly. My Ex was PISSED! I'm not sure if she was mad because I "stretched him"(caused him to overdo in order to save face w/me) or that he did stuff with us but around her, needs constant care.....I dunno but I was glad when she left! I did follow-up yesterday,

It really was a great time but my poor son.....He is fine but his new BMW is no more....he was the first to leave and he, my ex & Mark and my youngest daughter all live in the same direction.....a Chevy pickup pulled out in front of him near his home, causing a tee-bone. His car took the brunt and he called it "totaled". My daughter then pulled up behind the accident scene and her brother told me that she was quite convincing with the Officer, wanting the old man driving the truck, sobriety checked! When she lights up, she gets calm and very dom and there isn't anything in her voice that suggests that you are going to do anything other than what she tells you to do. LOL Cool that she was advocating for her brother...my girls are tough and I called her to tell her I was proud of her. The car will be replaced or repaired.....it's metal, doesn't matter.

Kerry and I took her dad to the train station in Wilmington DE Saturday....he took the accela to NY.......he was home before we were!

Enjoy the day guys,

View attachment 363683
Wow!

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
jus checkin

Perfect turkey

perfect ham

Enjoy the day guys,

View attachment 363683
I'm glad you finally got it 😊IMG_20231127_175409225.jpg

jeff kushner

North of Annapolis
I hope that your friend is okay N. I'm sorry.

Maybe in a few days a video call might be in order?

I had a kid came to work for me when he was 18 many years ago, at 55 he had a massive stroke BUT was able to call the Hospital on his own.....that is likely the only reason he is back at work. They started him same day on rehab!

Good luck to your friend.