COLD DARK ROOM

Ray--Opo

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Palm Bay Fl
I'm so glad Rose stayed home. I hope the luggage stays lost if the two of them get to go shopping for all new. If not why not? and even if you do get the luggage it should be where you paid for it to be in the first place. The two of them are owed a shopping trip no matter what..
Exactly what I told Nanay when I talked to her. I told her to go on a shopping spree. We have a bank account there for emergencies. Unlike here in the U.S. Unless the credit card is in your name you cannot use it.

jaizei

Unknown Member
10 Year Member!
Earth
I tried to PM you but I couldn't figure out how to attach the pictures.

When you PM someone, you can't send pictures.

You can't attach pictures directly to the PM, but you can insert pictures via url. If you want to keep it all on the forum, put the pictures in 'media' or attach to a post in a thread (like Jeff did here), and then use the attachment url from the post to show the picture in PM.

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
In an epitome of selfcenteredness, I completely forgot to tell you guys that Kerry found that she is eligible for Early Retirement and the money will cover health insurance for her and our youngest daughter! She wasn't comfortable, completely comfortable with her not feeling like she was contributing something to the finances even though she knows I don't care.

SHE is thrilled and I'm thrilled for her... they even gave her a party yesterday when she announced it to the teachers at her school. I'm just really happy that she can enjoy that feeling of finally putting down the cymbals and feeling good about it.

I tease her all the time that people who work past retirement age sound like programmed North Koreans when they tell me how happy they are with their work. LOL

I
I'm happy for the both of you ❤️ I hope it happens really soon so the two of you can actually have a honeymoon. FINALLY!!!

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
Exactly what I told Nanay when I talked to her. I told her to go on a shopping spree. We have a bank account there for emergencies. Unlike here in the U.S. Unless the credit card is in your name you cannot use it.
I'm sure Nanay will be thinking of you, Rose, and Opo while doing it. A little something maybe. It's good she got to go see off her family member. Then she'll be back to help Rose feel better about missing it. She seems like such a lovely person. Actually the whole family. They stick with the ones they love. Nice.

jeff kushner

North of Annapolis
I was told how to do it before but I think I have a mental block to the obvious sometimes......but thanks!

Ms Cathie, she is on cloud 9 AND 10! She files on her last day.....next Tuesday! Yay Kerry! She has been so afraid of getting excited just in case it didn't work out. She isn't having any trouble now! The teachers are out tonight, having their end-of-year party. Good for them....there should be First Responders to lend emotional support for three quarters of them. They really went through the ringer this year. Covid kids.....the teachers usually have the classrooms in good shape by the end of Oct...Nov on a really bad year. This year it was March! I'm so glad that she can walk away!

My cleaners showed...3 ladies, not a word of English among the trio. When they were done 2 hrs later, I paid them and tipped each....but won't hire them again....meh for 250, kinda sucky job for 500 but they got my toilets CLEAN & they got me "ready for press" so there's that.

The agent nearly followed them in as they left. The house is "move-in ready"....Thank God! LOL She will do her homework and put something together for us tomorrow. We could have it on the market by next week but we'll see.

I called my son this evening. He's still at work of course. He was positive that I'd never get what needed to be done, done in order to sell the house. He was also rather vocal about that to me...often! I told him what the agent said.....he was amazed that we not only got it done, we got it done inside of 6 mos. I estimate that I have around 800 man hours since January & Kerry has around 250 girlhours due to her full time job.

It sounds great till I realize that we still have a very full garage on the other side of the Bay bridge that needs to be put away...a dozen bikes and a car to move/sell/burn for insurance.

I'm teasing, I don't break the law.................

anymore.

Ray--Opo

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Palm Bay Fl
I'm sure Nanay will be thinking of you, Rose, and Opo while doing it. A little something maybe. It's good she got to go see off her family member. Then she'll be back to help Rose feel better about missing it. She seems like such a lovely person. Actually the whole family. They stick with the ones they love. Nice.
Yes the family bond is so much greater in the Philippines. There 3rd cousins are like brothers or sisters.
Nanay will be staying until September. At that time Rose will go to the Philippines. To travel back with Nanay.

Ray--Opo

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Palm Bay Fl
I was told how to do it before but I think I have a mental block to the obvious sometimes......but thanks!

Ms Cathie, she is on cloud 9 AND 10! She files on her last day.....next Tuesday! Yay Kerry! She has been so afraid of getting excited just in case it didn't work out. She isn't having any trouble now! The teachers are out tonight, having their end-of-year party. Good for them....there should be First Responders to lend emotional support for three quarters of them. They really went through the ringer this year. Covid kids.....the teachers usually have the classrooms in good shape by the end of Oct...Nov on a really bad year. This year it was March! I'm so glad that she can walk away!

My cleaners showed...3 ladies, not a word of English among the trio. When they were done 2 hrs later, I paid them and tipped each....but won't hire them again....meh for 250, kinda sucky job for 500 but they got my toilets CLEAN & they got me "ready for press" so there's that.

The agent nearly followed them in as they left. The house is "move-in ready"....Thank God! LOL She will do her homework and put something together for us tomorrow. We could have it on the market by next week but we'll see.

I called my son this evening. He's still at work of course. He was positive that I'd never get what needed to be done, done in order to sell the house. He was also rather vocal about that to me...often! I told him what the agent said.....he was amazed that we not only got it done, we got it done inside of 6 mos. I estimate that I have around 800 man hours since January & Kerry has around 250 girlhours due to her full time job.

It sounds great till I realize that we still have a very full garage on the other side of the Bay bridge that needs to be put away...a dozen bikes and a car to move/sell/burn for insurance.

I'm teasing, I don't break the law.................

anymore.
Let me know what kind of motorcycles you want to sell. Preferably 70's dirt bikes.

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
Yes the family bond is so much greater in the Philippines. There 3rd cousins are like brothers or sisters.
Nanay will be staying until September. At that time Rose will go to the Philippines. To travel back with Nanay.
Darn I was hoping she'd come back sooner for the 3 of you.🤗

Len B

10 Year Member!
Southern Md - Northern Neck Va
@Len B got the cactus and ROS. What should I do with this plant pictured?View attachment 371710Plant it in a shady spot and keep the soil wet. It will drop the dry leaves and hopefully in time grow new ones. Don't give up hope to quickly. Sad though it wasn't supposed to take that long to get to you. You should cut it down to about halfway too. Don't forget to look for the cut off long spines on the two pads of the robusto. They are the only pads that grow long spines. They were rubber branded together.

Len B

10 Year Member!
Southern Md - Northern Neck Va
Thank you @Len B , with our temps in the mid 90’s. Should I keep them indoors or outside out of the sun?
You said you were going to put them in pots. In pots they should do fine outside in a shaded area. It's not the temps that bother them it's the direct sunlight.