Jacky And Daisy

The_Four_Toed_Edward

Location (City and/or State)
Finland
My servant just dumps the water out, washes my bathtub and goes on with the drowning session... Apparently she needs to switch the water to warmer water anyway. She says it is like throwing out a babies potty. I can't stand the infantalisation!

But I have managed to escape my bathtub 3 times :cool: Usually my escape attempts are in vain and sometimes end up with me on my back, but I would say that it is all worth it!

Anyway, my servant says that according to the weather forecast I won't get outside until Sunday! Hope that the weather has been treating you better.

Edward :tort:

zolasmum

5 Year Member
Dear Natrah - the swallows we had in our car-port last year have definitely come back - they are re-building
their nest in the same place, and don't seem to mind us coming in and out - they seem to remember us as friends. There is also a third swallow, which is presumably one of last years babies - perhaps hoping to build a nest for himself close to mum and dad. They have been giving us lots of presents - smaller than tortoise ones, but very smelly - Richard forgot to cover the car bonnet yesterday evening - he won't forget again - there was lots to wash off ! It is lovely to know they got back safely to us this year - we feel very honoured.
Love to Jacky and everyone from Zola and Angie xxxxx

MaNaAk

Southend
Good evening everyone!

A bit late tonight. I just want to say that I may not be able to post much over the weekend because of all the new pupils but this will only be temporary. I did a shed a tear for dad yesterday but I kept myself busy with the pupils and rehearsal and Jacky 🤣🤣🤣🤣. Tortoises this is what happened I gave Jacky a soak and afterwards she attacked her breakfast with gusto therefore at lunchtime she left a few presents 🤣🤣🤣🤣🐢🐢🐢 and guess who cleared it up. Zola did you see the swallows again it seemed to be a bit warmer and I saw a little Robin with a very red breast. He was quite fluffy so I think he was young and I also heard a Wren.

Goodnight everyone

Natrah, Jacky and Angel Daisy

MaNaAk

Southend
Thankyou Sue.

Yes dad was very ill last year and Daisy is probably driving him up there driving him up the wall with bashing and shoving. Jacky is outside in the sun but I shall bring her in soon.

Natrah
Sorry everyone I realise that I got my years wrong hear as 'last year' should have been five years ago!

Natrah

MoggyMad

Northamptonshire
Sorry everyone I realise that I got my years wrong hear as 'last year' should have been five years ago!

Natrah
Time flies! Some things like my mums last days I still remember very clearly.
Dickie is wondering where the sun has gone bless her.
I don’t want a heatwave but I’d like a bit more sunshine so our torts can enjoy outdoors 🌞

MaNaAk

Southend
Good evening everyone!

Just waiting for the bus to Southend Chamber Music Club Concert after a very long day with all the new pupils. I was supposed to start at 10.00 am but the 12.00 pm pupil arrived was already there when I arrived at 9.40 am. All the lessons went well but there was a mix up with the first pupil because I didn't know her mother was picking her up! She is thirteen years old I let her out whilst another pupil (11+) came in on his own. Anyway the mother of the previous pupil turned up after she left but found she had gone him.
I emailed her parents and her dad replied that there was miscommunication between mother and daughter and he was quite calm. I had the impression that he was happy to let everyone else panic.

Anyway bus is coming so I'll say goodnight.

Natrah, Jacky and Angel Daisy

MaNaAk

Southend
Good evening everyone!

We had a good day today and I actually enjoyed basking on the rockery. Did you all get to go out? Natrah went out to lunch at Cliffs Pavilion before going to buy some flowers to remember dad on Father's Day. She says that she enjoyed the concert and she showed me the rainbow photo where Daisy says hello.

Goodnight everyone

Jacky, Angel Daisy and Natrah IMG20240616144312.jpg

MaNaAk

Southend
Jacky forgot to ask your dads went out today and if so she hopes they enjoyed themselves and by the way we saw a Holly Blue butterfly here at the flat for the first time this summer.

Natrah

The_Four_Toed_Edward

Finland
As you already know, Edward got out today 😁 . Fathers day is in November here in Finland, so that is when we will be celebrating. My dad will start his summer holiday next week and I am planning to spent as much time with him as possible, since our holidays overlap. I haven't spoken with my dad today, but I am sure that he went out today, since he is fixing an old rowing boat. Do or did your dads have some sort of projects, especially for summer?

Good night everyone, Edwards loyal servant

MaNaAk

Southend
Dear Edward's Loyal Servant,

Where's your dad going on holiday? I hope he has a lovely time. I'm afraid dad passed away five years ago so I bought him some flowers in memoriam. I have been treating myself to lunch out and a takeaway from his favourite Indian restaurant.

Goodnight

Natrah IMG20240616144312.jpg

MoggyMad

Northamptonshire
Jacky forgot to ask your dads went out today and if so she hopes they enjoyed themselves and by the way we saw a Holly Blue butterfly here at the flat for the first time this summer.

Natrah
My dad went out on his bike & found me a load of dandelions which he hand fed me with. I have hidden his present in the flower border 😁

Dickie

The_Four_Toed_Edward

Finland
Well, now I have 😂 My servants dad says often, that he didn't think that tortoises could be so interesting and cute pets. I take it as a personal compliment! He is going to take care of me in the beginning of July while my servant goes on a trip. I will be sure to leave him aplenty of presents for him then!

zolasmum

5 Year Member
Well, now I have 😂 My servants dad says often, that he didn't think that tortoises could be so interesting and cute pets. I take it as a personal compliment! He is going to take care of me in the beginning of July while my servant goes on a trip. I will be sure to leave him aplenty of presents for him then!

Dear Edward - I go out a lot with my mum and dad, and we often meet people who want to know more about tortoises - I think there are still many people who assume we are just moving garden ornaments ! They are amazed when they see me and hear about my life. In fact, it is sunny now, and dad is going to take me to the sea - there is a very long breakwater at Bude, where we go, and one of my favourite things to do is to walk along it, beside the sea. Sometimes I leave a few presents on the way,to thank the rocks !
ZolaZ-at-breakwater.jpgonward!.jpg

zolasmum

5 Year Member
I was pretty tired when I got back from a very long walk -I really like the rocks, though, as they are a lot more interesting than a path - i love climbing on things ! My dad always stays near me, though, because of dogs.
There were no dogs today, but two groups of schoolchildren, who were really interested in me, and I always like to educate children about tortoises, of course. I like to think I am a tortoise ambassador.
When I got back, I had a nice rest on my mum while she stroked me for a long time.
Goodnight to everyone from Zola xxxxxx