Jacky And Daisy

MaNaAk

Location (City and/or State)
Southend
Good evening everyone,

This might be a slightly longer post than usual as I seem to have had an eventful day. Anyway I'm going to start on behalf of Jacky because she has a few 'tips' for Dickie at the vets tomorrow. We are both thinking of her and also Sue, Pets and George (the cat). Anyway Jacky says not to put up with any nonsense from the vet and to bite or wee on them if necessary. Sue if you scroll back you will know that she had a little 'accident' after her soak this morning which resulted in me putting her back in the tub and washing my hands and cleaning 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢!

Edward has read about this in Cold Dark Room and Sapphire is probably reading it at this moment. Last week I became concerned that Jacky may have bladder stones but after yesterday's present and today's accident this has now gone straight out the window. Daisy must be laughing her head off!

Angie I love reading about Zola's walks and imagine that he had a long walk today. I imagine him climbing over the rocks and I shouldn't think those two that he and his dad met the other day will ever forget him. How lovely to have a meeting like that! Also I don't think it will be long before the swallows are flying!

Anyway today I ended up speaking to both of my brothers. To cut a long story short I knew Sue from another forum and she is aware the difficulties that I had with my brothers and I have mentioned them to Angie. I did most of the caring for my dad with Alzheimer's and my brothers got more involved with the inheritance which involved me having to move out of the house which was my home for 38 years.
I spoke to the eldest of my two brothers on the phone because he had been talking about meeting up and I was aware that he might want to meet up near my birthday on the 18th August. This was a nice idea but I have trouble forgetting the past although it is good to build bridges and a good relationship with my wonderful nephews. I suggested meeting in London partly because he doesn't know about the stuff that went missing (he doesn't know what was in storage) but I can't help remembering the criticisms. I don't know what I was worried about meeting because he is so busy with nephews results days, music festivals that their going to, university and his work that we can't even arrange to meet in London let alone Southend. He saw three times in 2016 the year that dad was diagnosed and when I asked how he thought dad was he said that he thought dad was fine. Anyone who was cared for someone with dementia will know that 'host' mode is very convincing!

After phoning my eldest brother I decide to have dinner at my local wimpy and when I leave I run into my youngest brother and his partner who are about to cross the road. He just says hello and doesn't stop and infact neither of them ask after Jacky or whether she was tested for TB after Daisy's death. They didn't know that Daisy had TB until the day she died. Just after I made Daisy's final appointment with the vets I phoned my youngest brother's partner. I phoned her because I never know if my brother is driving or not. Anyway I told her about Daisy's illness and that I had decided to put her to sleep. She asked where the appointment was and the time. After the phone call I start to get us ready I half expect an offer of a lift but then I remember what at the house and on the day that dad was taken ill for the last time when I got a call from the care home to say that I need the paramedics at the hospital. My brother actually gave me a lift and we arrived at the same time as dad's ambulance but then my brother goes back to work and I had trouble getting him back to the hospital! The time comes for us to leave and I bring Jacky, who has woken up from hibernation to say goodbye to Daisy, in from outside. Daisy and I set off to the vets without any offer of a lift and the bus goes past my brother's studio where his car is in the car park. On the way back he has left the studio because he doesn't want me to turn up! I can't forget this and I have no Idea what Daisy has ever done to him. Later I tell my eldest brother about Daisy and he does feel awful that I had to get the bus to the vets. I can't imagine how Daisy felt on that final journey.

Sorry for the long post

Goodnight everyone

Natrah, Jacky and Angel Daisy

PS: @MoggyMad, @zolasmum and Edward's Servant and @Chefdenoel10 I shall let you know if I see the bats.

zolasmum

5 Year Member
I'm so sorry about all that, dear Natrah - I really admire you for coping so well with so much by yourself -you have been so brave and strong for so long. It doesn't really matter about your brothers now - they have lost out from having a caring sister - and I hope that one day they will look back and wish they had behaved differently. My youngest brother -Colin- was run over by a car outside our house when he was 9,and I was 13, and I often miss him still - we thought alike. My other brother lives in France, and I doubt I shall ever see him again, but I have never really missed him like I do Colin, even after so many years.
Zola met two girls today who were aged about 13, who were really interested in
him, and Richard talked to them for quite a while and watched him feed - when they they left, they said "Zola, we shall never forget meeting you " - isn't that nice !
Lots of love to you, clever Jacky, and Angel Daisy, and all our forum friends from Angie and Zola xxxxxxxx

MaNaAk

Southend
Dear Angie,

I remember you telling us about your brother I can't imagine what you went through and you were such a loving sister. It's lovely about those girls and I bet they will look out for Zola again. The pupils often ask after Jacky and my pupils that came back for the summer asked after Daisy as well. I forgot to tell you that when I finally got to weigh Jacky she was a healthy 5 kg but I have to admit my scales are old and have been used as a tortoise toy 🤣🤣🤣🐢🐢🐢!

Also I did try to look for the bats when I brought the washing but I dropped my keys in the undergrowth and ended up doing unwanted gardening in the twilight!

Goodnight

Natrah

MoggyMad

Northamptonshire
I agree with Angie & I too hope one day they will appreciate your caring nature & realise how unsupported you were. Unfortunately until they themselves are in that situation they are unlikely to understand.
Did Jacky say “gotcha” when she pee’d on your hand 😆 Sounds like you may need some new scales!
We have been out for most of today so Dickie didn’t really eat anything by herself. At the moment she eats a little if you hold the food to her mouth but otherwise doesn’t seem to make much effort. Tomorrow I will be home more so I will soak her & give her more of my time. The vets isn’t until late afternoon so the injection will be some hours after her bath.

Goodnight all