Jacky And Daisy

The_Four_Toed_Edward

Location (City and/or State)
Finland
Hello everyone,

I am going to bookmark everyone's birthdays for now, hopefully my servant will remember them next year.

Yes Zola, Finland is an interesting place to live. The weather really varies from year to year, month to month and week to week. The changes in seasons can be drastic and the UV levels outside aren't always up to tortoise standards. Thankfully our houses are well suited for the changing weather, with thick insulation which I understand isn't the case everywhere.

Unfortunately it will be cold and rainy today, and the weather won't get better until Monday, so I will have to stay in for a while.

Edward :tort:

MoggyMad

Northamptonshire
Dear Sue,

Jacky hardly went out at all because we had awful weather from ll.00 am until about 3.00 pm so she spent most of the day sleeping in the bathroom. I think I'll let her lie in tomorrow but it does say that Thursday could be better. I am going to remember Angie, Zola and Edward's birthday on the 8th July. When's your birthday Sue and when's Dickie and Sherman's. I'm on the 18th August and Jacky is on the 19th October.

Goodnight everyone

Natrah, Jacky and Angel Daisy
Mine’s September 25th I’ve no idea when Dickie or Sherman‘s birthdays are. Nor George’s either! Dickie was bought from a pet shop who said she was about 4 yrs old but it wasn’t certain. Shame as in those days she was probably taken from the wild for the pet trade 😡

The_Four_Toed_Edward

Finland
Mine’s September 25th I’ve no idea when Dickie or Sherman‘s birthdays are. Nor George’s either! Dickie was bought from a pet shop who said she was about 4 yrs old but it wasn’t certain. Shame as in those days she was probably taken from the wild for the pet trade 😡
Good evening,

It is the same with Edward. He is probably wild caught, and no papers so all I can tell is that he is an adult. Not very young, not very old 😬 The 8th of July is my birthday, so that can be Edwards too.

Edwards servant

zolasmum

5 Year Member
Good evening,

It is the same with Edward. He is probably wild caught, and no papers so all I can tell is that he is an adult. Not very young, not very old 😬 The 8th of July is my birthday, so that can be Edwards too.

Edwards servant
Zola has a certificate giving the appriximate date of his birth, which was around July 8th, so we decided to make that official, to be the same as mine - he also has a half-birthday on January 27 , to match Richard's birthday. We didn't want him to miss out any celebrations !
It was a cold gloomy day today, so he wasn't able to have a walk - however, he will be coming to vote with us tomorrow, as always - the polling station is in the village hall, and the officials know him. He doesn't actually vote, of course, though he is old enough now.
Angie

MaNaAk

Southend
Good evening everyone!

I got back from rehearsal and went to the back of the flat to see if I could spot the bats and yes! yes! yes! I saw one yyyyyaaaayyyy!!!!!!

Goodnight everyone

PS: Natrah 18th August
Jacky 19th October
Daisy 22nd September 1942 - 17th November 2022

zolasmum

5 Year Member
We had a bat around for quite a while a year or two ago. We called it Acro, of course !
Goodnight Natrah, Jacky, Angel Daisy, Edward and all our forum friends from Zola and Angie xxxxxxxx

Chefdenoel10

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
New Jersey
Dear Chef,

Is it your birthday? When's your birthdays, Sally, Squirt and GGGGGAAAARRRYYYY?

No it wasn’t mine but i thought i read
Zola tell us someone’s b day was on Tuesday???

Gary just turned 6 on June 9th.
He got drunk again and squirmed all over his pictures forcing me to not post them to his forum friends. 🤦‍♀️

Chefdenoel10

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
New Jersey
Good evening everyone!

I got back from rehearsal and went to the back of the flat to see if I could spot the bats and yes! yes! yes! I saw one yyyyyaaaayyyy!!!!!!

Goodnight everyone

PS: Natrah 18th August
Jacky 19th October
Daisy 22nd September 1942 - 17th November 2022

Yyyy…..yyyyyyyyy…..yyyou were happy to see a bbbat??? 🥺😳😧

zolasmum

5 Year Member
Dear Natrah - I went to vote with my mum and dad today, and the lady volunteers greeted me like an old friend. I didn't actually vote for anyone, just kept my parents company.of course.There were three swallows in the carport when we got back - all young ones, I think - maybe the parents will have another brood now - they had two last year. Lots more presents on the car , if they do, but it's worth it.!
My mum has been feeling very headachy today - she thinks it's just because she has to get used to the new tablets, though. She wants the weather on Monday to be good, so we can go to Torquay,for our birthday, but the forecast isn't very promising.
I hope all is well with you and Jacky - lots of love to you and all my forum friends from Zola xxxxxxxx and Angie xxxxxxxxxx

MaNaAk

Southend
Dear GGGGGAAAARRRYYYY,

Happy Belated Birthday and was Yvonne (your servant) pleased to find your 'present'? Zola how did everyone react when they saw you at the Polling Station and how is your mum today?

Jacky

The_Four_Toed_Edward

Finland
Hello everyone,

My servant says I look like a baby next to these huge weeds. I am a big boy of course, but these dandelions and broadleaf plantains are just unusually sized (at least compared to the usual here in Finland).

Edward :tort:

PS: Edwards servant wants to add that he is 12 cm in carapace length
20240705_153319.jpg
20240705_151701.jpg

zolasmum

5 Year Member
Dear GGGGGAAAARRRYYYY,

Happy Belated Birthday and was Yvonne (your servant) pleased to find your 'present'? Zola how did everyone react when they saw you at the Polling Station and how is your mum today?

Jacky
Dear Jacky - there was only us in the polling station when we went in (if there had been anyone , my dad would have hidden me in his jacket) - there were just two volunteer ladies at the table giving out voting forms, and they have met me before at previous elections - they seemed pleased to have something interesting happening !
My mum still feels rather odd and wobbly, and was glad that her balance class at the hospital was cancelled.
It has been cold and rainy all day - we might even put the heating on for an hour soon !
I hope you have had a good day, Jacky - lots of love to you, Natrah, and Angel Daisy, and all my forum friends xxxxxxxxx