Jacky And Daisy

The_Four_Toed_Edward

Location (City and/or State)
Finland
Good morning everyone,

Those "mites"turned out to be tick larvae. For better or worse, I don't know if they are interested in Edward at all. But they sure are interested in me! The ticks here in Finland are generalistic and there are some rare sightings of them being attached to our natural reptiles.

Anyway, here is a photo of Edward hiding in the old lilac bush. The bush is at least 60 years old, probably planted when the house was build. Sometimes my dad talks about wanting to cut it down, but everyone else loves it.

Edwards servant ☺️ :<3: :tort:

20240724_172310.jpg

MaNaAk

Southend
Good morning everyone,

Those "mites"turned out to be tick larvae. For better or worse, I don't know if they are interested in Edward at all. But they sure are interested in me! The ticks here in Finland are generalistic and there are some rare sightings of them being attached to our natural reptiles.

Anyway, here is a photo of Edward hiding in the old lilac bush. The bush is at least 60 years old, probably planted when the house was build. Sometimes my dad talks about wanting to cut it down, but everyone else loves it.

View attachment 375391
Camouflage!

MaNaAk

Southend
Good morning everyone!

The vets rang to say that Jacky's blood tests were and that she is due for a pre-hibernation checkup in October. Edward I hope you're feeling relieved and I hope your servant is okay. She must be relieved knowing what the mites are. Zola how is your mum today? I dreamt about swallows after reading your post! Jacky and I have been enjoying strawberries!

Natrah

MoggyMad

Northamptonshire
Good morning everyone,

View attachment 375391
Well camouflaged indeed! Try as I might I can’t see him!
A neighbour here has been trying to get rid of her lilac bush for years but it just keeps coming back….at least the butterflies & insects like them.
@Natrah the crucial word is missing from your post but I assume it is fine which is good news 😁

zolasmum

5 Year Member
Yuk, Edward - it must be really annoying to have mites crawling over you -luckily, I very rarely get bothered by insects in my conservatory, although some do come in, of course.It has been quite a cold wet day today, so I didn't have my breakwater walk . My mum put the heating on for an hour, yesterday evening, and probably will today, too. This is supposed to be summer !!!! I was interested to see you like climbing in bushes,etc, and I think you would like my breakwater too - if you ever happen to come to England, I would enjoy a few walks with you.
My mum is not feeling very well, but it is almost certainly just due to the new pills - she is going to have a phone consultation with the headache nurse in a few weeks, but there isn't much that can be done at the moment - if the stuff works for her, she will know by about 3 months. Love from Zola to you and your servant.xxxxxx

MaNaAk

Southend
Well camouflaged indeed! Try as I might I can’t see him!
A neighbour here has been trying to get rid of her lilac bush for years but it just keeps coming back….at least the butterflies & insects like them.
@Natrah the crucial word is missing from your post but I assume it is fine which is good news 😁
Sorry Sue as usual I didn't check it through and you're right I left out the word 'fine'. I hope everyone's okay and that Angie is a bit better. It's been cloudy and damp here but I wonder if I saw a thrush earlier when I arrived at the pupil's house. It's been humid here as well. Zola I'm wondering whether your mum should have her blood pressure checked because I have felt cooler but I haven't put the heating on. However I think we are usually in the warmest part of the country. My pupil is looking forward to going to Torquay next week and two other pupils are about temperatures of 40 degrees Celsius in Turkey!

Goodnight everyone

Natrah, Jacky and Daisy

PS: The vet said that Jacky had lost weight compared to last year but she wasn't worried after all Jacky thought it was time to hibernate!

MaNaAk

Southend
Good evening everyone!

I am just going off to sleep. I was very busy today eating, strolling and climbing. I decided that I didn't need the food bowl so I pulled it all off and ate it that way. I enjoyed greens, lettuce, grass, dandelions and strawberries. We noticed several Hedge Brown butterflies today and so Natrah hopes to see the Jersey Tiger Moths again soon. Dickie, Sherman and Zola have you seen any butterflies today. What sort of butterflies do you get in Finland Edward and how are you and your servant anyway? Zola how is your mum? When does she talk to the doctor? We are very sorry that she isn't well and we hope she's been better today. We hope that they can alter the dose of those pills. Natrah is watching the Olympic Games and missing mum and dad because they used to enjoy the Games. However it is very poignant because they had their honeymoon in Paris.

Goodnight everyone

Jacky, Angel Daisy and Natrah

MaNaAk

Southend
Jacky forgot to say that a butterfly landed on the bay window! I hope you're okay Angie.

Natrah

MoggyMad

Northamptonshire
No butterflies sadly at all. Not many moths either only the small ones. Did see a bat swooping about just now though. For years we’ve had a bat box on the side of the house near the roof but it hasn’t been used. We do have a bird box up as well & the sparrows had 2 broods in it this year.
Dickie has been out & eaten quite well today. She does go into her box quite early though but Pete said she has always done that apart from the odd occasion she has attempted to hide in the garden for the night.

Goodnight all