Jacques, the Eastern Mud Turtle

Moozillion

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Louisiana, USA
We had an excellent visit at the vet today! ALL of Jacques' labs came back great! She has gained some weight (salmon IS pretty fatty, after all...:p) and was bright-eyed and active for the vet. He finally feels comfortable that she is FULLY recovered from her infections- she has no further scheduled appointments!
She even got a manicure and a pedicure from the vet himself!
I talked with him about her behavior change and he is in agreement about the likely reason. Time will tell if she gets back to being more animated or not.

She was a lot more active today than I had seen her in a while. UN fortunately part of that increased activity was used in :eek: flipping herself over!!!! Between the time we left the house at 9:30 and got back home at 1:30, she had flipped herself over no less than SIX TIMES: Once on the way over, once the waiting room, once in the exam room while we waited for the doctor and the THREE more times on the drive home!!!!!:mad::mad::mad::mad: I will DEFINITELY be switching to a shallower tub for transport so she can't push high enough up the sides to fall over!

CarolM

South Africa - Cape Town
We had an excellent visit at the vet today! ALL of Jacques' labs came back great! She has gained some weight (salmon IS pretty fatty, after all...:p) and was bright-eyed and active for the vet. He finally feels comfortable that she is FULLY recovered from her infections- she has no further scheduled appointments!
I talked with him about her behavior change and he is in agreement about the likely reason. Time will tell if she gets back to being more animated or not.

She was a lot more active today than I had seen her in a while. UN fortunately part of that increased activity was used in :eek: flipping herself over!!!! Between the time we left the house at 9:30 and got back home at 1:30, she had flipped herself over no less than SIX TIMES: Once on the way over, once the waiting room, once in the exam room while we waited for the doctor and the THREE more times on the drive home!!!!!:mad::mad::mad::mad: I will DEFINITELY be switching to a shallower tub for transport so she can't push high enough up the sides to fall over!
That is really good news. Not so much the flipping but all the rest. I am so happy to read this excellent news.

Moozillion

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Louisiana, USA
That is really good news. Not so much the flipping but all the rest. I am so happy to read this excellent news.

Thanks, Carol![emoji2][emoji173]️

I’m going to try rearranging her tank a little to try and get her to come up front more...[emoji848][emoji6]

Bee62

Germany
My fingers are crossed for a complete recovery now. :tort::<3:
Come on Jaques, you have scared us long enough. It is time to get back to normality little Diva :)
I hope she can hear me....:D

Moozillion

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Louisiana, USA
We expect to only see pictures of Jaques with a smile on his face as he does a "happy dance" for us. Just because he's well, don't let up on pics or of his further antics. Best to you both.
Thanks, Orv!!! :):<3:

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Kent, South East England

I’m glad Jacques did OK today.

Her determination to panic you knows no bounds though! Oh Jacques, can’t you give Bea a rest?!

Moozillion

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Louisiana, USA
Jacques: LISTEN to your Auntie Linda and Aunt Carol!!!!!![emoji38][emoji106]

Moozillion

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Louisiana, USA
My fingers are crossed for a complete recovery now. :tort::<3:
Come on Jaques, you have scared us long enough. It is time to get back to normality little Diva :)
I hope she can hear me....:D

Thanks, Bee! [emoji2][emoji173]️

TammyJ

5 Year Member
Jamaica
If I was Jacques, I'd barf at all those human smilies and hearts and thanks and stuff.....but I would sure be glad I am being so well taken care of!:):):<3::<3: