Jacques, the Eastern Mud Turtle

Moozillion

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Louisiana, USA
How is Jacques doing?

Well, she’s ok but she seems different since all her health problems. She’s not nearly as active or responsive as she used to be. Just sort of hangs around.
I have been wondering if she got some brain damage that affected her personality. [emoji19]

Still only eats salmon, but never does “the salmon dance” any more.[emoji22]

Toddrickfl1

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Ga
Well, she’s ok but she seems different since all her health problems. She’s not nearly as active or responsive as she used to be. Just sort of hangs around.
I have been wondering if she got some brain damage that affected her personality. [emoji19]

Maybe it might just take awhile for her to get back to feeling normal and being herself again. I hope so!

Moozillion

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Louisiana, USA
I also think it might take some time before she’s fully back to her diva personality. Hang in there, Bea! She’s going to be fine. [emoji173]️[emoji173]️[emoji173]️
Thank you, Lena!:<3:
You may be right. Earlier this evening I mentioned this to a friend of mine who is a physician, and she reminded me that humans continue to improve from brain injury for 1 and 2 years afterwards. So I'm hoping Jacques will improve over time as well. :)

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Kent, South East England

:( Poor Jacques

CarolM

South Africa - Cape Town
Maybe you should do the salmon dance in front of her, so that she can be reminded how it is done. Besides it just might cheer her up, to see her human is finally starting to get with the program she has been trying to teach you all this time.;)

But seriously, As I am often reminded on reading lots of posts about our little babies, torts are slow, so they will probably be slow on the healing process as well. If you think about it, it takes a long time for them to start showing the symptoms of being ill, so it follows that it will also take a long time for them to get completely back to their old selves. Hang in there and start practicing the salmon dance in front of her. If nothing else at least you will provide some entertainment...... for the flies on the wall.:D:D

Toddrickfl1

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Ga
Speedy says come on jacques remember this!

Attachments

• Screenshot_2018-05-31-07-56-52.png
    Screenshot_2018-05-31-07-56-52.png
    980.6 KB · Views: 27
  • Screenshot_2018-05-31-07-56-56.png
    Screenshot_2018-05-31-07-56-56.png
    1,007 KB · Views: 28