Pretend Chat 2.14

Momof4

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
San Diego
How do I get a quarter out of the garbage disposal? My brilliant daughter put it in a vase so when I dumped the water it went down after I tried to grab it.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
How do I get a quarter out of the garbage disposal? My brilliant daughter put it in a vase so when I dumped the water it went down after I tried to grab it.

Whatever you do, make sure no one touches the switch, then just reach in there and fish it out. You might also unplug the electricity before you reach in.

puffy137

Today I was on the top of a ladder since 7 am washing the dust from the ledge on the top of the tiles in the kitchen downstairs. Then I cleaned out the pigeon's cage . there are 2. The first one was the stray with a pellet in his wing , & the second is a wife we have acquired for him.His wife can fly about but we have to lift him back up into his cage. Maybe I could fix a ladder for him! Madeline the bunny is growing fast , she has started now to gnaw at the trunk of the newly planted olive tree, so I wrapped the trunk ( its about the thickness of a broom stick ) with some cotton material & covered that with duct tape. that should stop her. WE have surrounded the petunias with a wire fencing so she can't get at them , but she has jumped off the kitchen step into another planter , which is about 3 ft off the ground.& left only a few stalks of petunias.:rolleyes: However she is a real sweetie . when I'm in the garden she follows me round & is interested in all I'm doing. When I sat on a chair in the garden she ran & jumped & frolicked round & round my chair for about 8 times , so sweet. Its lucky that there is no way she can get out , & the only dangers are a cat that roams around , & the remote controlled car port door , if it was left open long enough she might be tempted to explore the neighbourhood.. Never thought a rabbit could be such pleasant company .

Heather H

N.E. ohio
http://www.wkyc.com/story/news/local/akron/2015/02/26/galapagos-tortoise-dies-at-akron-zoo/24048497/

AKRON -- A female Galapagos tortoise that has been at the Akron Zoo since October 1992 has died.

Azul, which weighed 165 pounds and was 32 inches long, would have been 26 years old this June. Her shell was 16 inches tall.

She was one of two on exhibit at the Akron Zoo.

Zoo officials say animal care staff noticed a change in Azul's behavior last week. After performing a CT scan and ultrasound, it was found that she had a "larger than normal amount of fluid around her heart."

The fluid was removed and Azul was treated with antibiotics as staff monitored her heart daily.

A necropsy was performed and it revealed her reproductive tract, liver and heart were diseased. Additional test results are pending.

She was born at the Gladys Porter Zoo in Texas in 1989.

Azul's half-sister, Pagos, remains on exhibit in the Akron Zoo's Komodo Kingdom.

The Galapagos tortoise is the largest living tortoise in the world. They are indigenous Galapagos Islands, which are located in the eastern Pacific Ocean of the western coast of South America. Galapagos tortoises are herbivores and they feed on a variety of grasses, leaves, cactus, vines and fruit. They obtain most of their moisture through their diet and can go for long periods without drinking.

Momof4

10 Year Member!
San Diego
Wow, did you see the gorgeous frozen waves in Nantucket, MA?
It's amazing!!