Pretend Chat 2.14

AmRoKo

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Florida
Phew, I got it out! I have a fear of garage disposal so I unplugged it and used tongs!

I am the same way, I have a tremendous fear of the garbage disposal, I hate when I have to stick my hand down there to get something out that is clogging the disposal. Super scary! :eek:

puffy137

Apropos of nothing except the previous poem ,here is one by Wendy Cope that I find thought provoking , its called for some reason Defining the Problem.
I I can't forgive you
Even if I could you wouldn't pardon me for seeing through you .
And yet I cannot cure myself of love ,
For what I thought you were before I knew you .

tortdad

5 Year Member
NW Houston TX
@tortdad Taz looks like a great dog even if he is stinky! That is so nice of you to fly to San Diego to drop off the dog. Where in SD does your brother live?
I have been in your shoes 3x and I know it's very draining. Sending positive vibes your way.
Thanks.. He just moved last week to LaMesa. He and his wife just bought their first home. I won't be flying with the dogs, just sending them as cargo for $280 plus tax and fuel surcharges.... Each mutt!!!!!!

Abdulla6169

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Dubai/New York
Apropos of nothing except the previous poem ,here is one by Wendy Cope that I find thought provoking , its called for some reason Defining the Problem.
I I can't forgive you
Even if I could you wouldn't pardon me for seeing through you .
And yet I cannot cure myself of love ,
For what I thought you were before I knew you .

I think it's about the poet talking about her boyfriend that cheated on her. She can't forgive him (obviously, he cheated on her). He won't feel the same because he cheated on her (also, it might be because she might have been "nosy" when she figured out he was cheating on her). At the end, she still loves him (the "old" him though). I think after he cheated it made it hard to define and solve this problem.

Momof4

10 Year Member!
San Diego
Thanks.. He just moved last week to LaMesa. He and his wife just bought their first home. I won't be flying with the dogs, just sending them as cargo for $280 plus tax and fuel surcharges.... Each mutt!!!!!!

Ouch! That is expensive! I'm not to far from La Mesa, been there a few times for October Fest, I think it's pretty popular here in SD. So nice for your mom to know the mutts are still in the family.

Momof4

10 Year Member!
San Diego
Anxiously waiting for my car estimate! It may just determine my husbands mood tonight. So glad the the towing was free, that was a bonus! Plus, it had a recall I never had done so I guess there is a positive.

puffy137

I think it's about the poet talking about her boyfriend that cheated on her. She can't forgive him (obviously, he cheated on her). He won't feel the same because he cheated on her (also, it might be because she might have been "nosy" when she figured out he was cheating on her). At the end, she still loves him (the "old" him though). I think after he cheated it made it hard to define and solve this problem.
Well done , you got it ! lol

Abdulla6169

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Dubai/New York
it is! In fact its 16°F outside right now! Our heater here apparently likes to boil us alive... the temp inside being this high at work is an all the time thing.
I can't sleep when it's hot. The Air conditioner is ALWAYS on.

smarch

5 Year Member
Massachusetts
I can't sleep when it's hot. The Air conditioner is ALWAYS on.
I don't understand how tortoises LIKE these temperatures! I live in New England, keep my office cold!! I'll be walking out the door now in my sweater holding my jacket i'm so hot!!