Pretend Chat 2.14

leigti

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
southeast Washington
cowboy sent me a PM offered me a baby sulcata. so i told tom and tom said it wasn't a good idea to get another sulcata because I'm moving to PA. so i had to decline cowboys offer.
That was a very nice offer. maybe you can get other types of tortoises while you are in Pennsylvania. smaller species that could be kept indoors if needed. maybe your parents would let you take over a couple bedrooms for indoor enclosures :) if I had the time, money, and space I would have all sorts of tortoises. Many different species. and don't forget box turtles also.

Momof4

10 Year Member!
San Diego
Best news today! My water pump went bad and it was covered under warranty! We thought we were past the warranty period! Yay!!
Second, my husband contacted the manufacturer of his medication that cost us $260 every month and he got a coupon to use until Dec for $25 but our insurance covered that so it's free!!! You guys should try it if you have an expensive prescription .

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
I onl
Best news today! My water pump went bad and it was covered under warranty! We thought we were past the warranty period! Yay!!
Second, my husband contacted the manufacturer of his medication that cost us $260 every month and he got a coupon to use until Dec for $25 but our insurance covered that so it's free!!! You guys should try it if you have an expensive prescription .

I only have one prescription and none of the prescription drug insurance companies cover that medication. It costs me $110 every three months. So I'm paying $22 a month for a prescription drug plan that doesn't pay for my prescription - merely because I'm thinking some time in the future I may have need of a medication that will be covered. That's just plain stupid! So tomorrow I'm going to cancel my prescription drug plan and every month put aside $22 for the 'in case I ever need another prescription" prescription. I can cancel under Obamacare, right?

russian/sulcata/tortoise

5 Year Member
Northern California, bay area
That was a very nice offer. maybe you can get other types of tortoises while you are in Pennsylvania. smaller species that could be kept indoors if needed. maybe your parents would let you take over a couple bedrooms for indoor enclosures :) if I had the time, money, and space I would have all sorts of tortoises. Many different species. and don't forget box turtles also.
i dont like turtles that much. I'm a tortoise guy!

leigti

5 Year Member
southeast Washington
i dont like turtles that much. I'm a tortoise guy!
Box turtles are fun though. If you're only going to be in Pennsylvania for three years I think you could get just about any kind of hatchling tortoise. They don't spend much unsupervised time outdoors when that young anyway. They would spend most of their time in an indoor closed chamber type setting. maybe one of cowboys Russian hatchlings will come along. Having more than one sulcata would be very difficult to manage anyway. Especially the next few years, there's going to be a lot of changes in your life. Living in different places, school :) etc. And a large tortoise is going to be much harder to take care of, and two would be very difficult.

leigti

5 Year Member
southeast Washington
I don't have nearly the experience of most of the people here but that is my opinion and observation from what other people have said. Just remember that the advice on here is worth what you pay for it :)

russian/sulcata/tortoise

5 Year Member
Northern California, bay area
Box turtles are fun though. If you're only going to be in Pennsylvania for three years I think you could get just about any kind of hatchling tortoise. They don't spend much unsupervised time outdoors when that young anyway. They would spend most of their time in an indoor closed chamber type setting. maybe one of cowboys Russian hatchlings will come along. Having more than one sulcata would be very difficult to manage anyway. Especially the next few years, there's going to be a lot of changes in your life. Living in different places, school :) etc. And a large tortoise is going to be much harder to take care of, and two would be very difficult.
I'm going to be in PA for 2 years. maybe i can find some rescue russians to add. right now my male and female are in 2 different 8ft by 4ft enclosures.