Pretend Chat 2.14

Tidgy's Dad

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Fes, Morocco
so well said! How boring life would be if we each saw "beauty" with the same way and values applied.
Quite.
Beauty is subjective as I have said.
I find it extraordinary that some people don't find tortoises gorgeous, but it is their opinion.
And mine is that modern cars are horrid looking things.

Abdulla6169

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Dubai/New York
Quite.
Beauty is subjective as I have said.
I find it extraordinary that some people don't find tortoises gorgeous, but it is their opinion.
And mine is that modern cars are horrid looking things.
Everything is subjective. We're all trapped in a box. Even the most liberal of all people shuns conservatism... We all have our own tendencies. It's like societies are polar.

Tidgy's Dad

5 Year Member
Fes, Morocco
Everything is subjective. We're all trapped in a box. Even the most liberal of all people shuns conservatism... We all have our own tendencies. It's like societies are polar.
A box turtle?
My box got wet from the humidity and fell apart.
I have so many of my own tendencies that they are elevendencies.

juli11

5 Year Member
Europe
How long do you hibernate them for?

I don't hibernate them by myself..
They come in from their outdoor enclosure in the first days of October. In the middle of October they get inactive and slept the whole day. And now ca. since March they start wake up.

Cowboy_Ken

10 Year Member!
Kingman, Arizona
Hope you're better now... Food poisoning is quite common in the developed world. 1/6 Americans get food poisoning each year. It's quite depressing.
What I ,“like" about food poisoning is the easy way to identify what made you ill, usually all you need to do is think of the foods eaten in the last, say 12hrs or so, and the item that provided the unwelcome buggers into your gut track gives you a bad reaction when thinking on it. Sort of like, “I had a peanut butter sandwich at breakfast, then for lunch I had a hamburger, then afternoon I had a salad with cream sauce dressing...ugh, the thought of that cream sauce is making me feel ill ! "

puffy137

Quite right too.
I never use you tube myself , though wifey does often, but google is great for research and stuff.
It's not much use on things about Morocco though.
Highly inaccurate in my opinion.
My dads friend ' Milky' ( a milkman, quelle surprise) used to keep lots and lots of pigeons and doves and many of them had probs with their feet.
I used to get canaries as gifts from my parents through him and they had problems sometimes too, but more often with abscesses on their toes.
Well thanks to youtube I have learnt how to thread the little feet through 2 holes in a sponge to keep them straight & also a small piece of straw through which I passed a little elastic band , to hobble the feet closer together. With any luck the bird will be standing on its own little feet properly soon .:)

Tidgy's Dad

5 Year Member
Fes, Morocco
Well thanks to youtube I have learnt how to thread the little feet through 2 holes in a sponge to keep them straight & also a small piece of straw through which I passed a little elastic band , to hobble the feet closer together. With any luck the bird will be standing on its own little feet properly soon .:)
I hope so, poor thing.
Perhaps I didn't ought to be so dismissive of youtube, I might learn something useful in among all the drivel.

puffy137

What I ,“like" about food poisoning is the easy way to identify what made you ill, usually all you need to do is think of the foods eaten in the last, say 12hrs or so, and the item that provided the unwelcome buggers into your gut track gives you a bad reaction when thinking on it. Sort of like, “I had a peanut butter sandwich at breakfast, then for lunch I had a hamburger, then afternoon I had a salad with cream sauce dressing...ugh, the thought of that cream sauce is making me feel ill ! "
There was a virus going around a year or 2 ago , that produced the same symtoms as food poisoning . It seemed to jump from family to family

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Whoo Doggies!!! It's actually raining! Big, gorgeous drops of real water. I actually had to use my windshield wipers when I drove in to the post office this a.m. Bad part is it is REALLY cold! Well, I guess some of you northern and eastern folks wouldn't say that 53F is cold, but with the wind and rain, it's mighty cold to me! I turned on all the lights in the tort houses and left their doors shut. Too cold for any of them to get stranded, and too cold for their keeper to go out and check to see if they're stranded.

Tidgy's Dad

5 Year Member
Fes, Morocco
Whoo Doggies!!! It's actually raining! Big, gorgeous drops of real water. I actually had to use my windshield wipers when I drove in to the post office this a.m. Bad part is it is REALLY cold! Well, I guess some of you northern and eastern folks wouldn't say that 53F is cold, but with the wind and rain, it's mighty cold to me! I turned on all the lights in the tort houses and left their doors shut. Too cold for any of them to get stranded, and too cold for their keeper to go out and check to see if they're stranded.
Haven't they just made rain illegal in California or something?

puffy137

I hope so, poor thing.
Perhaps I didn't ought to be so dismissive of youtube, I might learn something useful in among all the drivel.
There are things on youtube for every facet of human existence. You can learn how to make an Elizabethan ruff. How to make a styrofoam home for a tortoise , how to look after a bunny. how to treat a sick squab . Any period of history you are interested in is there just waiting for a click . Its freakin' marvelous.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
I stopped by the store on my way home this a.m. and just opposite the entry they had a display of french bread from their bakery. The cellophane window in the package of bread showed a bit of condensation. Whooeee!! Really, I mean REALLY, fresh french bread. naturally, I bought a loaf.

puffy137

I'm thinking this one has slipped by the rain police.
Maybe desalination plants are the answer , thats the way we do it here with no natural sources of water, except brackish stuff we get from underground thats used for cleaning streets & certain types of vegetation .