Moozillion

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Louisiana, USA
@Moozillion
Hey! How are ya?
Hi, Abdullah! :)
I'm doing fine! My hubby planted some new plants in Elsa's outdoor enclosure now that she's outside more. I'm REALLY enjoying springtime at home and trying NOT to think about going back to work next month! :p
Sounds like you're going to be having a really nice time!

Moozillion

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Louisiana, USA
So, yesterday we talked and tomorrow (I think?) we'll be heading to a hotel in Dubai.... It called Bab Al Shams (Gateway to the Sun)! I'm excited. On the not so positive side, my sleeping cycle is messed up.
Here's the site:
http://www.meydanhotels.com/babalshams/index.htm
Oh, WOW!!! That looks SO AMAZING!!! I would love to stay there!!! :):):). Now I'm jealous that you get to go! :p

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Hi, Abdullah! :)
I'm doing fine! My hubby planted some new plants in Elsa's outdoor enclosure now that she's outside more. I'm REALLY enjoying springtime at home and trying NOT to think about going back to work next month! :p
Sounds like you're going to be having a really nice time!

What kinds of plants?

Moozillion

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Louisiana, USA
What kinds of plants?
We put in some Mexican Heather and will be replacing the dead Purple Fountain Grass with live purple fountain grass. We're going to transplant some Butterfly Ginger in there later. I also have a ton of Swedish Ivy, and will put some in there.:)

Jacqui

10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Butterfly ginger? Never heard of it, but sounds wonderful. :)

Momof4

10 Year Member!
San Diego
In my defense, at the time I was working a 12 hr rotating shift. I think it was 6pm-6am. So, I was off work and wanted that “after work beer". As a rule, I only drink coffee that early in the morning.

Not judging!! It was just funny because I didn't see the date until you said Happy Valentines!

Momof4

10 Year Member!
San Diego
I am good. Have come to the big city for the day. I broke down and bought a redfoot at the pet store. Right now looks female, but now that I own it, it shall turn male. It does have an extra scute though. :)

How is your day?

We need pics! I love my RF. They are so friendly and pretty.
What torts do you have now?

Moozillion

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Louisiana, USA
Butterfly ginger? Never heard of it, but sounds wonderful. :)
I think it's a great plant! It tolerates lots of different conditions and different levels of light. It's tall and floppy- sort of like a cornstalk, but only 1/2 the size, and leans over as it gets taller. But the FLOWERS!!!! They are WONDERFULLY fragrant and bloom mostly at night. They bloom like crazy in the worst heat of the summer when everything else is dying back! :) The ginger plant dies back totally to the ground in winter, but comes back having doubled its spread by springtime! In some areas it's pretty invasive. Luckily, we don't have that problem. :) The flowers look like pure white butterflies, hence the name.

Jacqui

10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
I think it's a great plant! It tolerates lots of different conditions and different levels of light. It's tall and floppy- sort of like a cornstalk, but only 1/2 the size, and leans over as it gets taller. But the FLOWERS!!!! They are WONDERFULLY fragrant and bloom mostly at night. They bloom like crazy in the worst heat of the summer when everything else is dying back! :) The ginger plant dies back totally to the ground in winter, but comes back having doubled its spread by springtime! In some areas it's pretty invasive. Luckily, we don't have that problem. :) The flowers look like pure white butterflies, hence the name.
I will have to see how they do here in Nebraska. Sounds like such a great plant. :)

Moozillion

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Louisiana, USA
I will have to see how they do here in Nebraska. Sounds like such a great plant. :)
It's "proper" name is Hedychium coronarium; hardy from zones 7b to 10b.
I don't know what zone you are, but I'm not sure they'd survive a Nebraska winter...:(

Donna/Turbo

Banner Elk, NC
We put in some Mexican Heather and will be replacing the dead Purple Fountain Grass with live purple fountain grass. We're going to transplant some Butterfly Ginger in there later. I also have a ton of Swedish Ivy, and will put some in there.:)

Oh My!! I just looked up Butterfly Ginger and I have to have it! I guess I am ordering more seeds. I love anything that looks tropical like that!!

Cowboy_Ken

10 Year Member!
Kingman, Arizona
Way off subject here, but has Monica been around lately? Did she mention she'd be gone and I missed it?

Moozillion

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Louisiana, USA
Hey, Donna/Turbo and Momof4,
If you want some, we're having our yard guy TOTALLY dig up s bed of them that gradually encroached on the gate to our back yard, so are in the way. If you like, I can mail you some live rhizomes- just stick them in then ground BUT ONLY VERY SHALLOWLY!!! in a sunny spot with a little fertilizer and decent drainage and they should take off for you!:p

Tidgy's Dad

5 Year Member
Fes, Morocco
Way off subject here, but has Monica been around lately? Did she mention she'd be gone and I missed it?
She was last on this thread a couple of weeks ago asking about giving probiotics to torts. Don't think she said here what she was doing.