Pretend Chat 2.14

leigti

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
southeast Washington
@Yvonne G @Will @Dizisdalife @N2TORTS and other Californians. What the heck are tortoise owners going to do if they make us kill the grass? We don't have any grass but I was going to put some in for a sulcata enclosure. I'm get nervous about that because I don't want to get fined for having green grass and watering it!
What are your plans for all the grazers you have?

SACRAMENTO, Calif. (AP) — California water regulators adopted sweeping, unprecedented restrictions Tuesday on how people, governments and businesses can use water amid the state's ongoing drought.

The State Water Resources Control Board approved rules that force cities to limit watering on public property, encourage homeowners to let their lawns die and impose mandatory water-savings targets for the hundreds of local agencies and cities that supply water to California customers.
Instead of lawn grass could you plant other types of wild type grass? Or just a whole bunch of weeds? At least in your tortoise pan I would think that would be okay.

mike taylor

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Use gray water . Bath water , dish water ,and washing machine water . All you have to do is watch the soaps you use . Put in a rain collection system. Simple fix . I don't see why we couldn't put in a pipe line from Louisiana or some other state that has a crap load of water . It would create a crap load of jobs and no pollution.

leigti

5 Year Member
southeast Washington
Where I grew up we always conserve water to a certain extent. It was just part of life. Everybody did it, and there was huge social pressure to do it. You didn't hear much complaining at all. Wasting water is one of my big pet peeve's.

mike taylor

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
One day, my friend, I'll take you up on that kind offer.
I was in charge of a couple of thousand crocs in Thailand, and one of the other farms had 100.000, so alligators no problem for me, I think.
But armadillos, Wow!!!
Just let me know .

Momof4

10 Year Member!
San Diego
Instead of lawn grass could you plant other types of wild type grass? Or just a whole bunch of weeds? At least in your tortoise pan I would think that would be okay.

That's what I'm doing now. Except here it get so hot in the summer that our weeds turn brown. We get the best weeds during the winter so I don't want my yard to stand out because we get a lot of fly buys! I guess I will do the best I can and deal with it. They can't stop me from feeding my pets right?

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
Hey cheese snob ! If you found someone that is a match to your blood type ,how would it work ? Does the donor have to pay for his / her doctor bill ,or is that free ?
As far as I know the donor is not charged foe the operation. Of course I legally can't offer financial compensation, but lets just say the donor would have a lifetime supply of grape leaves(hint hint)

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
David, is there a guess as to how long you will be in the hospital?
I am actually in rehab now, best estimate is July.

Momof4

10 Year Member!
San Diego
Use gray water . Bath water , dish water ,and washing machine water . All you have to do is watch the soaps you use . Put in a rain collection system. Simple fix . I don't see why we couldn't put in a pipe line from Louisiana or some other state that has a crap load of water . It would create a crap load of jobs and no pollution.

Rain collection system would be wonderful if we got more than 5 inches a year! You guys get closer to 30ish!
California is drying up!! I think I need to move! Texas is sounding good right now!

Momof4

10 Year Member!
San Diego
Rain collection system would be wonderful if we got more than 5 inches a year! You guys get closer to 30ish!
California is drying up!! I think I need to move! Texas is sounding good right now!

They are also thinking about toilet-tap treatments.

Tidgy's Dad

5 Year Member
Fes, Morocco
I can't understand it at all.
We're on the edge of the dry Atlas mountains and Morocco includes parts of the Sahara, but we don't get rationing, though supplies run low at the end of each summer. California's rich isn't it? What's going on ?

Myroli

Piggy back ride!!! Lol nuisance snails are funny

Attachments

• 1430953393602.jpg
    1430953393602.jpg
    44.6 KB · Views: 9

AZtortMom

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Sunny AZ
Arizona is good too. We don't have the water restrictions like California

Myroli

Yeah, WAY better then here in Texas where it's always so HOT and HUMID, the humidity is why I plan to move out of state asap

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
This is how you know you're in Texas . The other shelled friend. Its part rat ,part pig ,and armored! Haha Easy to catch !haha Caught this one with my bare hands just sitting still walked right up to me . They can't see good so stay down wind and wait . They walk right to you . hahaha

lolI have always wanted a pet one of those!

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Grow a more tolerant grass that can handle hot and dry conditions.