Pretend Chat 2.14

M

Maggie Cummings

I am American. I speak American, NOT English. I believe we left Britain in the 1700's and many of us died so I could speak American, not English. I know most 'Americans' speak English....Not me, I'm born and bred in San Francisco California, that makes me a f***ing American, and proud of it. And I WILL spell American. "nuff said
I do not belong here, I tried, I'm gonna go talk tortoises, insulting Welsh people can stay here....

Last edited by a moderator:

Cowboy_Ken

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Kingman, Arizona
This is hilarious! I'm not much of a historian but I don't think grammatical freedom figured into the revolution. And you can't get much more red blooded American than San Francisco, the veritable heartbeat of patriotism. Oh wait, it's not.
Also, the name sounds vaguely Spanish...
“Touché"

M

Maggie Cummings

This is hilarious! I'm not much of a historian but I don't think grammatical freedom figured into the revolution. And you can't get much more red blooded American than San Francisco, the veritable heartbeat of patriotism. Oh wait, it's not.
Also, the name sounds vaguely Spanish...

Yes, I know SF has a Spanish name what the heck does that have to do with anything in this discussion or anything to do with 2015???
My point being that our forefathers left England so we could start a new land without their taxes and we called ourselves AMERICANS....No, I in fact was trying to make a point but evidently instead I gave you a laugh, a hilarious laugh too.. Nice. I could talk more simply for ya'll but all I will say is if you like the English so much over an American, why don't you take a swim over across the sea to England...or wait, correction, it's an ocean. Or just get on your I phone and join Tortoise Trust with Andy Highfield, lots and lots of English there, but I'll give you a hint, Andy does not believe in keeping tortoises the way we do and he's the boss...Maybe that why Tigleys Dad stays here instead of on something with more of his own people.

smarch

10 Year Member!
Massachusetts
It's now after 1am and I'm just not sleepy ... Actually bed sounds really comfy, but I just don't want to go to bed. (Usually when I think/say that I end up in bed right after so here's to hoping!)
Worked on some stone carving late tonight and also finished another project I started the other day with pastels. The stone is a secret till its done but you can see the pastels!

ImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1431148180.082724.jpg

M

Maggie Cummings

Fu1avbkrNwfpUq3dE_sZ1ObQIjF3Sjh54_BKOVXUnp0=s175-p-no
rZ7SnU9ciFGRsRZg0QphDgIa_ogAGXU5M3Y60hEJ0qI=s175-p-no
c_iaGVR_M18R7uTrCf2BFyfCmAhN8Vt_Mu8pX4E-zgA=s175-p-no
GQHYcWXbmZFFc6JdvHIhvv0f2dwAWdby-yanZzyqmF0=s175-p-no
S5DBHkFGZu89ZJhp_V-bVadn1ABovap900DAfK_U398=s175-p-no
MSlOlrHWORRSHoNjlIVLbHoz8CI1joi3nucGhEndWSo=s175-p-no

Last edited by a moderator:

Gillian M

5 Year Member
Jordan
I'm a teacher and I insist on it! (I thought 1+1 did =3)
Hi Lyn, hope you're well.

Am I to understand that you are another.....HITLER?! (Joking).

What subject(s) do you teach? Do you like the job?

Gillian M

5 Year Member
Jordan
I'm a teacher and I insist on it! (I thought 1+1 did =3)
Did you receive my alerts? I sent the same one twice, and I'm not sure if it's been posted or not. Appreciate your answer. Thanks.

Abdulla6169

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Dubai/New York
I am American. I speak American, NOT English. I believe we left Britain in the 1700's and many of us died so I could speak American, not English. I know most 'Americans' speak English....Not me, I'm born and bred in San Francisco California, that makes me a f***ing American, and proud of it. And I WILL spell American. "nuff said
I do not belong here, I tried, I'm gonna go talk tortoises, insulting Welsh people can stay here....
The UAE gained independence from the British in 1971, so why am I speaking English? :rolleyes:

M

Maggie Cummings

The UAE gained independence from the British in 1971, so why am I speaking English? :rolleyes:
This is not about you, it is about me, an American, whose American spelling was corrected to a different foreign spelling, by a....foreigner.