Pretend Chat 2.14

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
A Land Far Away...
It is warm here (80s), but I am not complaining, especially seeing how hot some of you have it. Stay cool.

Cowboy_Ken

10 Year Member!
Kingman, Arizona
We'll be needing to wait until next week sometime when our temps will be cooling off here, you know down to the upper 88's.

spud's_mum

United Kingdom
After an unbearably hot day at school I have just come home to a very overheated gerbil and hamster.
So I ran outside to grab a few bits if rock cleaned them of and put them in the fridge to get cool. Then I will put it in for them to cool on

Gillian M

5 Year Member
Jordan
It isn't pleasant if you don't get chance to get used to it. The trouble with the UK is thst we were feeling very cold only a week ago and then suddenly this happens. If you have weather like this continuously you get used to it and adapt.
Jordan is like that, and we're deprived Spring and Autumn which is too bad. We have VERY HOT Summer days, and from there we move to FREEZING COLD Winter, with: rain, extremely low temp, and even......SNOW. This is, after all, desert climate.

Momof4

10 Year Member!
San Diego
After an unbearably hot day at school I have just come home to a very overheated gerbil and hamster.
So I ran outside to grab a few bits if rock cleaned them of and put them in the fridge to get cool. Then I will put it in for them to cool on

You can freeze water bottles too! I actually wrap an ice pack for my guinea pigs. Hope your guys recover soon.

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...

I use to put water in old plastic water bottles and freeze them for my little critters. Milk jugs and liter bottles for the rabbits.

spud's_mum

United Kingdom
You can freeze water bottles too! I actually wrap an ice pack for my guinea pigs. Hope your guys recover soon.
Thank you! I put them in their cages. They both sat on it and are a bit more active. Both have wandered about and are back in bed. Only trouble is, the only rock I could get was soft and they nibbled a tiny bit so instead I put in treats on it

spud's_mum

United Kingdom
Hi guys.
I think spud is over heating.
His enclosure hot spot got into the high 30s so I turned his lamp off. It is still in the 30s and rising in my house. I have fans on in every room but I just can't escape the heat!!

Spud is very restless and I don't think he likes the humidity. It's a lot higher than usual. As we made him the minimum size enclosure so we could keep on top of heat, there's not much "cool" end as my house is 30 degrees inside with all windows open and fans on.

I myself am struggling to cope but I'm more worried about my pets. I've been putting rocks in the freezer to put as a cooling place in enclosures. Freezing water bottles etc.

I don't know what to do!!!!!

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Kent, South East England
He will be fine. Give him a good soak. Mist him with water. He will have a late night tonight.

It's been up to 35C and Joe, last seen about 10.30am, emerged about 15 minutes ago to eat and is on the rampage round the garden now. He will have a late night too.

Gillian M

5 Year Member
Jordan
Yeppers we are. He is back on the road again and I am dog sitting for the neighbor behind. How's your day been?
Glad to hear you're all well.

Am slightly better, though there's been no change here.

DawnH

5 Year Member
Southeast Texas
Busy.

Done.

Outta here.

No time for me, this dude has bigger fish to fry. (He seriously took him blade of grass and walked off.)

Happy Wednesday, folks! Hope your havin' a great one!

20150701_125426-3.jpg