Pretend Chat 2.14

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
South Eastern Florida (U.S.A.)/Rock Hill S.C.
Of course there are. Arsenal Ladies is the best English team and the England team is doing rather well in the World Cup... and the USA just put out Germany which is still in Europe as far as I am aware :D
Is that the football that we call Soccer? There is an American European football team?

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Kent, South East England
Is that the football that we call Soccer? There is an American European football team?
In Europe and around most of the world there is Association Football, or just Football, known in the US as soccer, where you're not allowed to touch the ball with your hands or arms unless you're the goalkeeper making a save.

Then there are the versions where you can pick up the ball with your hands:
Rugby Football is divided into two codes with different rules: Rugby Union (15 a side) and Rugby League (13 a side) . RU is probably the bigger of the two sports internationally.

Regional football games not played much in Europe are American Football and Australian Rules Football.

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
South Eastern Florida (U.S.A.)/Rock Hill S.C.
Several years ago I was selling a pretty special motorcycle and the gentleman who purchased it was some South African football star. I wish I could remember his name. He was pretty disturbed that I had never heard his name before.
Big dude. At least 6'6", 300 lbs. I'm sure it was Rugby.

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Good morning. It was 95 yesterday, but then the rain came as expected.
It's been about 5 degrees above normal so far. So hot that I had to re-engineer my male RF pen for more shade and re-program my rain sprinkler timers.
Also, a lot of my garden has been cooked in place. Only sunflowers and peppers survived.

Sorry about your garden.Did you lose a lot?

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
And another cloudy, overcast day today. So that means another humid day where the evaporative cooler doesn't work. Oh the hardship! ***Yvonne puts the back of her hand up to her forehead and swoons***

Poor Yvonne.